Depth of squad

KeyserSoze

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Fundamentally we have fucked it in our strategy. Every single year flinging the kitchen sink and then some at it has seen us come up short year after year. Rather than trying to build a team up and accept a few lean years. Well here we are, completely fucked and staring down the barrel of them doing 10iar.

They are going further than 10 mate, they are easily going to get to 55 before we do. 
That squad needs around 5 players around the 6mill mark and don’t have anything like that money. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They are going further than 10 mate, they are easily going to get to 55 before we do. 
That squad needs around 5 players around the 6mill mark and don’t have anything like that money. 

I said years and years ago we needed to accept a few years of pain, to build up for a proper go at toppling them. As it is we've flung everything we have every single season. It's the short term strategy that's seen us get to this point. 

Fans will be clamouring for a big go next season. But we won't have enough to take them on and will probably will be in a worse state a year from now. And with that being the case they'll keep on winning and winning. So 10iar might not even be the end of it. I reckon 10 is in the bag for them now. 

I hope to fuck I'm wrong. Would absolutely love to quote these posts at the end of next season. But I just can't see any different result happening. 

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I said years and years ago we needed to accept a few years of pain, to build up for a proper go at toppling them. As it is we've flung everything we have every single season. It's the short term strategy that's seen us get to this point. 

Fans will be clamouring for a big go next season. But we won't have enough to take them on and will probably will be in a worse state a year from now. And with that being the case they'll keep on winning and winning. So 10iar might not even be the end of it. I reckon 10 is in the bag for them now. 

I hope to fuck I'm wrong. Would absolutely love to quote these posts at the end of next season. But I just can't see any different result happening. 

Can’t argue with any of that mate. 
It’s looking as bleak as ever for the club, eventually questions have to be asked about the Board, we have changed this and changed that but the one common denominator is the people running the club they haven’t changed and we keep failing. 

It's not just about the quality of  players though . 

We've got better players than most ,  but today is not the first time the opposition has worked harder , pressed harder and battled harder to deserve a result against us . 

17 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Our squad should be capable of competing for trophies domestically yet there's this view on here that we require NUMEROUS more millions spent to compete with the scum!

Its been stated and agreed our first 11 is at least on par with the scum. I'd expand that to say both clubs core 17 players are pretty even. 

Do we have some real garbage players? Damn right we do. Halliday, Flanagan, Barker, Ojo, Jones, Stewart, Polster and Hastie should all leave in the summer.

However, that mob have some amount of dross squad players. Hayes, Bayo, Arzani, Bauer, El Hamed, Bitton, Shved, O'Connell etc.

Foderingham, Edmundson, Defoe, Kamara, Aribo, Katic and Kamberi is not much weaker than Bain, Bolingoli, Griffiths, Rogic, Elyounoussi, Ntcham and Johnstone.

Their two signings in Jan, hardly played to examine. Rogic, Ely and Thumb have been injured and had drug issues this season and hardly featured!

Comparing both squads on actual ability its without question not 12 points difference worthy. Mentality and having a non versatile and tactical manager are the key issues for us.

I genuinely believe a more tactical astute manager has us closer to the scum with the same squad. We have dropped 5 points at home to the scum and sheep due to manager decisions or his inability to change system. A further 2 dropped at St Johnstone(Davis for Morelos sub)

5 points at Hearts again manager clueless with tactics and in game management.

People can make excuses about squad depth, transfer spend, internationalists, caps, quality, refs, myths about scum depth all they want. But its factually acurate that we have lost 12 league points and a cup QF as a result of bad management and his inability to change tactics and system.

Very good analysis mate.

Archived