SPFL Shambles

dummiesoot

24 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Unfortunately  wouldn't trust times content on Scottish  football these days, after all did they no sign Spiers to write for them?

Could  be wrong, something  rings a bell and it's no Quasimodo's YTS's face.

So you don’t think the content of the article has any truths then .

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

So you don’t think the content of the article has any truths then .

I think the basic premise is wrong.

The league should have been declared null and void and clubs  who would have been promoted  should have been compensated from the funds available  for loss of revenue.

The remaining prize money for each division should have been split evenly  between clubs if the true future of Scottish is to be a priority instead of the nonsense served up by the SPFL board.

1 minute ago, southcoastbear said:

I think the basic premise is wrong.

The league should have been declared null and void and clubs  who would have been promoted  should have been compensated from the funds available  for loss of revenue.

The remaining prize money for each division should have been split evenly  between clubs if the true future of Scottish is to be a priority instead of the nonsense served up by the SPFL board.

Doncaster could easily have shown many options for the way forward. He chose not to and instead lied declaring his way was the only way.

What was so hard about saying that 'the way things are there is little to no chance of finishing the current season and that next season we may have to start behind closed doors. Here are a few proposals.'

I don't know what happens next, but there's no point going on and on about Holland, France or any other country. Our  league has been decided and it looks like we have accepted it. Fans are being coaxed and cajoled into thinking it's still possible to change it, but there is nothing being done. Our board have gone quiet, are season ticket sales going well?  Aye, because that's all that matters to the board. 

31 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Doncaster could easily have shown many options for the way forward. He chose not to and instead lied declaring his way was the only way.

What was so hard about saying that 'the way things are there is little to no chance of finishing the current season and that next season we may have to start behind closed doors. Here are a few proposals.'

There were 6 options iirc but Doncaster threw 5 of them out and only put one to the board,that's not a choice,that's a dictat.

Couple of probs wi the Times article for me,1 Rangers were bought out of admin and not liquidated.

2. How could the SPFL decide that no-one should lose out but it's fine if one club gains thru this debacle?

17 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

There were 6 options iirc but Doncaster threw 5 of them out and only put one to the board,that's not a choice,that's a dictat.

Couple of probs wi the Times article for me,1 Rangers were bought out of admin and not liquidated.

2. How could the SPFL decide that no-one should lose out but it's fine if one club gains thru this debacle?

I cannot disagree with anything in your post but I was unaware that Doncaster decided to bin 5 proposals. Begs the question of what were they ?

I have not really had much to say about the Times article. I simply copied and pasted. Make of it what you will. It is simply the sort of alternative view that one would expect a Scottish newspaper to be printing.

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

I cannot disagree with anything in your post but I was unaware that Doncaster decided to bin 5 proposals. Begs the question of what were they ?

I have not really had much to say about the Times article. I simply copied and pasted. Make of it what you will. It is simply the sort of alternative view that one would expect a Scottish newspaper to be printing.

I'm pretty sure that is correct,can't remember if it was Ann Budge or us who let that particular cat out of the bag.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

That would have been doing his job ,, did auld FuManchu no have Raygun out the door for much the same?

8 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I'm pretty sure that is correct,can't remember if it was Ann Budge or us who let that particular cat out of the bag.

9 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I'm pretty sure that is correct,can't remember if it was Ann Budge or us who let that particular cat out of the bag

Budge wrote this in a statement days after the vote:

The Legal briefing notes which accompanied the Written Resolution makes it very clear that given these unique circumstances, it falls to the SPFL members to decide the fairest basis on which to determine final league standings along with the associated implications, for Season 2019/20.

These briefing notes outline 6 (of various) options, the advantages and disadvantages of which the Board has apparently considered. The brief summary of the first 5 of these options focus on why the Board considers these options to be unsuitable. While I have no issue with their views being expressed, I do not consider the arguments for or against these options to have been objectively expressed.

In the 6th option, the single one that members are being asked to vote on, the reasons for (not against) this being the best solution are more fully stated. The very language used is different. Instead of talking in terms of something being arbitrary or unfair or damaging, as is done when discussing other options, the language changes to talk of how this is the fairest method of determining the final League positions. Clearly, this is a subjective judgement. It suggests that the Board has made a decision and simply wish now to convince the members to accept that decision. This is not, in my view, how you honour the principle that it is up to the members to decide how to ensure the fairest approach is taken.

The Board has clearly discussed and considered various options. This is exactly what we would expect of the Board. However, to then dismiss all but one option and present only this option for a members vote, within a very limited timescale, must surely raise the question of whether the Board is attempting to unduly influence the members decision making process.

22 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

As the weeks go on his incompetence gets more and more exposed ,The longer he remains in this job the more fuck ups are getting made 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Budge wrote this in a statement days after the vote:

The Legal briefing notes which accompanied the Written Resolution makes it very clear that given these unique circumstances, it falls to the SPFL members to decide the fairest basis on which to determine final league standings along with the associated implications, for Season 2019/20.

These briefing notes outline 6 (of various) options, the advantages and disadvantages of which the Board has apparently considered. The brief summary of the first 5 of these options focus on why the Board considers these options to be unsuitable. While I have no issue with their views being expressed, I do not consider the arguments for or against these options to have been objectively expressed.

In the 6th option, the single one that members are being asked to vote on, the reasons for (not against) this being the best solution are more fully stated. The very language used is different. Instead of talking in terms of something being arbitrary or unfair or damaging, as is done when discussing other options, the language changes to talk of how this is the fairest method of determining the final League positions. Clearly, this is a subjective judgement. It suggests that the Board has made a decision and simply wish now to convince the members to accept that decision. This is not, in my view, how you honour the principle that it is up to the members to decide how to ensure the fairest approach is taken.

The Board has clearly discussed and considered various options. This is exactly what we would expect of the Board. However, to then dismiss all but one option and present only this option for a members vote, within a very limited timescale, must surely raise the question of whether the Board is attempting to unduly influence the members decision making process.

And all but ignored by the vast majority of the press...all pushing for "the only option on the table".

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If they set the calendar then match round 1 will start early August. The 1st OF game should be away, probably a month or so into the campaign but likely bcd, so a disadvantage to them.

A cynic 😎 might think that Liwell wants to know the date of that fixture round, as they'd prefer the league not to resume til after that date. This would then give them a rescheduled fixture later, when it's more likely to have fans present. So possible disadvantage and cost of having no fans avoided.

Cynic, moi? 😂

The chances of you being right with this prediction is in my opinion 100% correct. Others might argue you are only 99%, but why haggle over a measly 1%.   :pipe:

10 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

And all but ignored by the vast majority of the press...all pushing for "the only option on the table".

It's been brought up numerous times when the reasoning against nul and void is discussed. It's like the paedo ring elephant in the scottish football room, where it's right there but no one talks about it, certainly not in detail. Shhhhhhh, move along....

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's been brought up numerous times when the reasoning against nul and void is discussed. It's like the paedo ring elephant in the scottish football room, where it's right there but no one talks about it, certainly not in detail. Shhhhhhh, move along....

Aye, but it's the brains of Britain in Stewart, Currie and  Tam McfuckinManus talking about it what chance has any listener got of coming to any sort of rational  or informed conclusion!!

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

As the weeks go on his incompetence gets more and more exposed ,The longer he remains in this job the more fuck ups are getting made 

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

11 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Could she stand up to Lieswell,we need someone who can.

I doubt she could. One club ,and one club only, needs to lead the charge towards change and transparency,. Guess who!  Rhetorical question obviously.

2 minutes ago, banjobear said:

I doubt she could. One club and one club only needs to lead the charge towards change and transparency,. Guess who!  Rhetorical question obviously.

Aye we would be the only Club charging into battle while the rest hid behind our skirts. So long as the donkey crew are at the top of the SPFL,nothing will change,the puppetmaster will make sure of that :-(

9 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Aye we would be the only Club charging into battle while the rest hid behind our skirts. So long as the donkey crew are at the top of the SPFL,nothing will change,the puppetmaster will make sure of that :-(

The challenge to cleanse the organisation of our game and restore true democracy is greater than the onfield task we face.

They've had years to dig in and spread like a virus. Going to need strategic thinking, patience and a shitload of weed killer to get Scottish football’s playing field the way it should be.

Especially as the parasite daddy clubs are less than useless.

3 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

I'm not sure if you are agreeing or challenging my point mate?  . We've been nonetheless isolated  in our quest  for parity.  It's  time  to push  for  transparency from a "big hitter"  which we are.

1 hour ago, Malkster said:

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

:tu:

So very true mate ..... "What Goes Around ..... Comes Around" ....... until that happens in our case we will have to do our "Changing" on the park ..... despite the outright bias in the game up here.

🇬🇧

Liewell looking to get the fixture list out quick.

You can cancel one league game to play a friendly.

Us away to them early in the season at Torbett Towers, behind closed doors, cancelled to play a friendly and the game only rescheduled after fans are allowed back in.

Am I being cynical again? 

21 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Liewell looking to get the fixture list out quick.

You can cancel one league game to play a friendly.

Us away to them early in the season at Torbett Towers, behind closed doors, cancelled to play a friendly and the game only rescheduled after fans are allowed back in.

Am I being cynical again? 

Until there is a clear out at SPFL they could decide on anything whether it be legit or not and you would be well within your rights to be cynical 

I’m the same myself ,anything going on I’m convinced their is some anterior motive 

Archived