Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Morelos has his faults, but if hes sold and the replacement is of the mold of a Lyle Taylor, then the scum walk away with the title.

I would prefer a quality addition to help Morelos and sell him next summer.

He had 39 goals/assists in 46 games. Incredible record without being a penalty taker. Practically the same productivity as the scums 40m rated striker and Alfredos European exploits were much superior. 15m would be a joke.

If he wants to leave though I’d rather let him go. Yeah we need quality players to challenge for the title but we also need no distractions. I’d rather we got rid if he wants to go than have him in a huff with the club all season.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Morelos has his faults, but if hes sold and the replacement is of the mold of a Lyle Taylor, then the scum walk away with the title.

I would prefer a quality addition to help Morelos and sell him next summer.

He had 39 goals/assists in 46 games. Incredible record without being a penalty taker. Practically the same productivity as the scums 40m rated striker and Alfredos European exploits were much superior. 15m would be a joke.

His record in the league is not very good and is utterly replaceable, so imo it’s silly to use the scum walking away with 10iar to use as an argument against selling him.

Morelos isn’t for the Scottish league, his record speaks for itself, so does his inability to score against the scum, in what 10 games?

There’s an argument to say he could actually be costing us dearly in the league due to his average return and impotence against celtic.

Will we be able to replace Morelos’s European goals - my simple answer for that is would we fuck be able to, he was great in Europe.

So the real question is do we sacrifice Europe for the league, imo the answer has to be yes.

I’d happily take £20m for Morelos. 

He’s a wee dick, lets be honest. Absolutely liability on and off the park. Heard rumours that Gerrard and co have had it with him. 

Sure they’d bite at the chance to bring in significant funds to strengthen. 

16 minutes ago, Swally said:

His record in the league is not very good and is utterly replaceable, so imo it’s silly to use the scum walking away with 10iar to use as an argument against selling him.

Morelos isn’t for the Scottish league, his record speaks for itself, so does his inability to score against the scum, in what 10 games?

There’s an argument to say he could actually be costing us dearly in the league due to his average return and impotence against celtic.

Will we be able to replace Morelos’s European goals - my simple answer for that is would we fuck be able to, he was great in Europe.

So the real question is do we sacrifice Europe for the league, imo the answer has to be yes.

It’s unlikely we could get in a like for like replacement for Morelos think we would have to change our system, but the money we get in could potentially buy 3/4 first team starters for us and potentially make us a far better side, if Morelos goes I’d like us to go for Croatian lad Maric from Osijek 

18 minutes ago, Swally said:

Baffling post.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d happily take £20m for Morelos. 

He’s a wee dick, lets be honest. Absolutely liability on and off the park. Heard rumours that Gerrard and co have had it with him. 

Sure they’d bite at the chance to bring in significant funds to strengthen. 

I’d bite your hand off for 20m tbh, he can be great on his day but he’s too inconsistent and unreliable and his record against the taigs is shocking, he’ll also always have a target on his back in Scottish football so probably best for all parties if he’s moves on. 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Baffling post.

I’d say this is a baffling post. You offer no conversational relevance by posting that.

Why don’t you post Morelos’s SPFL goal record and try and tell me it’s not average?

Then we can discuss what part of my previous post is baffling.

9 minutes ago, Bigsasasfloppyhair said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Morelos and Tav go if money is good and build from there.

If we squeezed out £25m + for the pair I’d do it. 

I'd bite their hands off for £25m. Use it to buy a couple of winners. I struggle to think of the last born winner that we had in our team. Someone who had the talent, hunger and ambition to fight and lift trophies. We're crying out for a Gough,Brown, McCall, Ferguson type character in the team.

4 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Sorry Malky but the post is pretty accurate and honest.

Cheers mate, I have a lot of love for Morelos, but I think we all have to be honest in evaluating him.

If our management sell him for a decent amount and re-invest in the squad, I think we should be fully supportive of them. I personally think if this happens it will be the best for all parties, even if it’s painful.

50 minutes ago, Swally said:

Aye, if you were dropped on the head as a wain

Morelos on his game is at times is a joy to watch. Opposition players just cant handle him. Unbelievable in Europe last year but You could argue that he lost us all domestic competitions over the past couple of years through his sending off's, not being available due to suspensions, unavailable due to returning back late. Love the player but unlike some on here I wouldn't miss him that much. We helped to mould him into the player he is. We could do it with others.

1 hour ago, Swally said:

Morelos was dropped for first OF game and i don’t think we had a shot at goal and their defenders had as easy a game as they would have all season.

Cup Final and Parkhead he absolutely rag-dolled them.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Morelos was dropped for first OF game and i don’t think we had a shot at goal and their defenders had as easy a game as they would have all season.

Morelos dropped for the first old firm game

barker brought on in the cup final 

2 of the worst managerial decisions ever

I rate Morelos pretty highly but as has been pointed out already, his form has fallen off a cliff in the second half of each of his three seasons here. I think he probably needs more support, we rely too heavily on him for goals but the way our league campaign crumbled last year I just wouldn't be too upset if we cashed in on pretty much any of our squad.

It's not easy though, because games like Feyenoord away and Porto make me think he should stay but then you remember the erratic element of his game, which always seems to show up in games against the scum.

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Morelos dropped for the first old firm game

barker brought on in the cup final 

2 of the worst managerial decisions ever

Dropped because the management team felt they couldn't trust him to remain on the field.

Barker being signed/played. Totally baffling. 

6 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This is it in a nutshell. He was outstanding in that cup final and put in a good performance against them in the December game, but only in one of those games did anyone else actually stand up and be counted to get us over the line. Similarly, Morelos simply should have taken chances in both of those games. His finishing is largely erratic against them, but his performances in many of the games have contributed to us playing well.

1 minute ago, McKissock said:

This is it in a nutshell. He was outstanding in that cup final and put in a good performance against them in the December game, but only in one of those games did anyone else actually stand up and be counted to get us over the line. Similarly, Morelos simply should have taken chances in both of those games. His finishing is largely erratic against them, but his performances in many of the games have contributed to us playing well.

He tries too hard to score against them. It’s a mental thing.

He really just needs the ball to hit his arse and go in.

Archived