Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do people realise real life football isn’t like FIFA where you just play your most 11 talented players every week in every game?

McCrorie is no world beater but he would be a useful player to have around for certain games over the course of the season. We’ve had plenty of players of a similar ability to him who have played that role well over the years.

Issue is he would only be playing 10 games max per season. He said he didn’t want to do that last season and would rather go out on loan. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He could also cover at RB and CB..

Great point too. I’ve not heard much about the loan spell to Portsmouth other than he’s been playing at right-back, so not sure if he’s been steady, or excelled, but by playing him there, he’s already more valuable to us. He could even be a better choice at RB than Flanagan looked.

Versatility in the squad is ideal, same way I don’t get people being so heavily against Kamberi’s signing. He looked decent out wide too, and even then his experience of the league is handy. Think he has more quality to show.

We do not need squad players, we need players who can compete for 1st team starts.  I am sick of looking at our bench and not seeing anyone,apart from Defoe, who look as if they could change the game. I really do not want to see any more rejects from other teams cluttering up our squad.

26 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

We do not need squad players, we need players who can compete for 1st team starts.  I am sick of looking at our bench and not seeing anyone,apart from Defoe, who look as if they could change the game. I really do not want to see any more rejects from other teams cluttering up our squad.

We need first team quality, but we also need to up the quality of the whole squad. Getting rid of a few like Barker, maybe Hastie and guys like that, replacing them with the likes of Kamberi does improve the squad. We won't sign a Hagi level player for every position, as much as we'd like to. Reality is it'll be getting guys like Aribo and Kent to step up and improve now rather than look to replace guys like that with better and have them become our game-changing squad options.

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McCrorie is nowhere near as bad as made out on the ball, he also isn’t a shitebag.

This, I feel more confident with McCrorie in the midfield at tougher grounds reason been he will be up for a battle and feel our midfield is too soft. 

Am 50/50 on Kamberi would do a job but not sure its adding much quality to the squad. 

Have we found anyone stupid enough to take Brandon Barker? 

10 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Also, Gerrard being a good judge of a player yet played Ojo for months on end :lol:

That's what you get when the club you get them on loan from want them to play or it costs you money. 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck me not a chance we can afford fekir. 

Eskabank just put on his twttier that's who we are getting lol 

🤣🤣🤣

You are definitely at the wind up....Fekir....who did he eventually sign for?

McCrorie 2 best games in a Rangers shirt were both against the filth 0-0 the piggery & 1-0 Ibrox...both games he was deployed as a ball winner who added a bit of steel to the midfield....he has had a good few stinking games when he has time on the ball and tries to pass through the middle of the park....in theory the big man could come in handy in about 10-12 games in the league if deployed right....is that enough game time to warrant him being here next season....I'm sure the lad himself was looking for 25 games or more last season hence the reason Gerrard put him out on loan

10 hours ago, Broxi said:

Instead of playing McCrorie we should sign a player of his type who can do the role we want McCrorie to do but is a better footballer

And tbh, this is the role that Jack should be doing, so people wanting McCrorie in are basically saying Jack isn't good enough at his role. If you say this is about Davis not being good enough then I will say that they are not supposed to do the same role. Unless people want to play with 2 defensive mids in Jack and McCrorie, which is what everyone usually complains about most of the time. I just don't see how wanting Davis out leads to McCrorie being in. 

The answer is Aribo stepping up, or a new player being signed.

Jack has took on more of a box to box role but rather than playing CDM, Davis has played there since we signed him albeit a totally different way of playing than McCrorie. 

Davis when he can be arsed has great passing ability but isn't exactly the first person you look to when the chips are down where as McCrorie will go through anything but every 2nd touch is a tackle, really we should be trying to find a player who can do both. 

Archived