Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think Gerrard took too much notice of the 2-0 win in what as essentially a dead rubber and went with the same.

Defoe looked like a wee boy and their centre halves squeezed game as nothing to worry about.

Yeah, there's probably some truth in that. Defoe was completely anonymous but the lack of support and attacking threat in the other 2 forward positions meant it was always going to be a difficult game for him. Morelos would have made a difference but I still think he'd have struggled with Arfield and Aribo either side of him in that terribly narrow set up. 

45 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

I remember Duncan Ferguson saying before he signed that any half decent striker would score plenty for Rangers due to the amount of chances they created. He never got the chance due again to being hounded out of Scotland but I always felt there was a lot of truth in that.

Going to really muddy the waters here ,Rangers players do get a lot more chances that can’t be argued against ,But they probably get the same amount of one on one chances as players from the likes of Motherwell etc and many of the chances Rangers players get are in more crowded situations 

2 hours ago, The Monk said:

I think we'll go for Toney but due to the risk I'd like to us bring in someone else also if he is sold, possibly Vydra on loan if financially possible.

If we sold Alfie I would  sign vydra and try get Andre gray on loan. 

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Wonder how much the boy Buendia from Norwich would cost, would be good option on the right 

I actually signed him for Newcastle on FIFA recently :lol: 

£12.7m was the figure 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Morelos was dropped for first OF game and i don’t think we had a shot at goal and their defenders had as easy a game as they would have all season.

Cup Final and Parkhead he absolutely rag-dolled them.

... and couldn’t score.

2 hours ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

I'd bite their hands off for £25m. Use it to buy a couple of winners. I struggle to think of the last born winner that we had in our team. Someone who had the talent, hunger and ambition to fight and lift trophies. We're crying out for a Gough,Brown, McCall, Ferguson type character in the team.

In the financial world we currently operate in you can’t go out and buy ready made winners. We need to target mostly young players who have the characteristics of a winners.

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

We wouldn't be anywhere near where we are as a team without Morelos especially in Europe where he won us games consistently. 

I want us to add to the team with him there, he's a proven scorer and right now i don't want us losing that then having to sign more strikers and hope they take to scoring for us right away. 

You would have an argument for Europe, but not the league.

For example, say without Morelos in the league we would be far worse off is judging any theoretical replacement/s harsh in the extreme - especially considering Morelos’s very average return in the league.

Are people really trying to say if we were able to invest £15m from the sale of Morelos in the striking department we couldn’t get a striker or striking partnership to equal or breach 17 goals a season?

:stevieg:

2 hours ago, Swally said:

I’d say this is a baffling post. You offer no conversational relevance by posting that.

Why don’t you post Morelos’s SPFL goal record and try and tell me it’s not average?

Then we can discuss what part of my previous post is baffling.

74 league games. Of those he started 57 games and scored 44 goals. That's not mentioning assists. Saying that is not very good is the baffling part.

Morelos will go at some time, we all know that but we have to get the best price possible and find a quaility replacement. We were lucky to find Morelos and we need to find another, over to the Director of Football to earn his corn. 20 million for Morelos and I would take it but we need to spend half of that getting a good replacement in.

On 15/06/2020 at 19:09, eskbankloyal said:

Nope. The media will get it when the club are happy for it to be out there. 

The league he plays in are still playing at the moment so nothing can happen until that is done 

Would Ryan Fraser fit that profile??

Archived