Missed Opportunity?

1 hour ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Thats a nope from me, mcgregor is the only logical choice as he will start nearly every game and the only outfielder that applies to is goldson who would be as honking as tav 

For what its worth Connor wouldn’t be my choice as captain, but the manager clearly rates him highly as he is a constant first pick and vice captain. 
greegsy would be a great captain too, as would jacko. But for me anyway Tav has my backing and I long to see him lift silverware

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tav is captain,  whilst he / Gerrard are here he will remain the captain. Its as simple as that. Folk need to support him as the decision is made and any negativity towards him, from the stands when we return or in social media/msm now can only be detrimental.

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is he not captain material? 

please highlight the bits don’t make him a captain. 
thanks

For me it was what he wrote in the match day program that we can’t Handel the pressure or when teams attack us and put pressure on us. Can’t remember what it was exactly but it was the last thing that should of ever came out a Rangers captains mouth.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is he not captain material? 

please highlight the bits don’t make him a captain. 
thanks

Brilliant gong forward. But I just think a Captain can’t get away with the defensive mistakes he makes. I think there is too much focus on his defensive mistakes because he is Captain 

2 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Brilliant gong forward. But I just think a Captain can’t get away with the defensive mistakes he makes. I think there is too much focus on his defensive mistakes because he is Captain 

We'll not have a captain again for a while then. There's not one player in that squad who hasn't made defensive mistakes. 

1 hour ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

For me it was what he wrote in the match day program that we can’t Handel the pressure or when teams attack us and put pressure on us. Can’t remember what it was exactly but it was the last thing that should of ever came out a Rangers captains mouth.

Should he have lied and said we'd shown every week how capable we are of brushing teams aside? 

2 hours ago, StAndrewsBear said:

For what its worth Connor wouldn’t be my choice as captain, but the manager clearly rates him highly as he is a constant first pick and vice captain. 
greegsy would be a great captain too, as would jacko. But for me anyway Tav has my backing and I long to see him lift silverware

Do you not have a nickname for Connor? 

1 hour ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

Like others that are currently there nothing more than ‘bottlers’

FF1B5A6D-C4CF-4281-A162-1F65FD304F71.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We'll not have a captain again for a while then. There's not one player in that squad who hasn't made defensive mistakes. 

Should he have lied and said we'd shown every week how capable we are of brushing teams aside? 

I love Tav as a player and he’s been a great servant for us but you can’t be captain  of Rangers and write things like that in the program.   That’s a distinct lack of leadership and not what is needed to bring success to the club. My worry is if he’s saying this in a program what’s he saying to team mates during the week. It’s ok for us to drop points at tyncastle  as Hearts came and made a game of it? My preference wold be for Rangers to sell him for 6-8 Million and bring in a new player. You can get too use to being mediocre and a statement like that reeks of acceptance that we will not win anything. 

Again love him as a player and think he’s been one of our best players in recent years but not what is needed to lead us to winning the league.

Really hope that this comes back and bites me on the arse 🇬🇧

1 hour ago, Dave Whelan said:

So football ability makes you a captain?

strange. 

Archived