Missed Opportunity?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, born a blue nose said:

Was a good post until you started talking about the captaincy. And unfortunately that was the main point of the post 

Lol aye that's where I stopped reading. Changing the captain won't make a bit of difference, leaders will lead regardless of whether they're wearing the armband or not

1 hour ago, jamess said:

[He'd probably play better without the responsibility tbh and maybe give us some of those early amazing free kicks again.]

This point about Tav is applicable to Hagi as well, I don't think heaping pressure on him as a captain at his age would be a good idea at all. 

Tav has the armband and we as a support need to  get behind him. I wouldn’t like to see what it may do to his confidence removing the armband from him in such a crucial season for a start.
if he himself says to the manager he no longer wants the captaincy then the manager can appoint a new skipper - Goldson the most likely choice

Certainly wouldnt be Hagi though

9 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

An interesting view. I don’t totally disagree but I don’t think Hagi will be a certain starter in games. 
I do think Hagi in time would be a good captain. 

I do agree that Tav would be a better player without the weight of the captaincy.  But I think to take it off him now would affect him negatively. I reckon Goldson should have been given it in Gerrards 1st season.

:confused:

12 minutes ago, StAndrewsBear said:

Tav has the armband and we as a support need to  get behind him. I wouldn’t like to see what it may do to his confidence removing the armband from him in such a crucial season for a start.
if he himself says to the manager he no longer wants the captaincy then the manager can appoint a new skipper - Goldson the most likely choice

Certainly wouldnt be Hagi though

Thats a nope from me, mcgregor is the only logical choice as he will start nearly every game and the only outfielder that applies to is goldson who would be as honking as tav 

New season and that means as always with TAV ,he starts with clean slate . I see him picking up all the trophies this season :hmmm:

In what has been a horrendous time to be a Rangers player and Captain . I feel it's only fair that TAV gets to see another season

I'm in the camp that the captain isn't as important as it was 20 years ago. It's not a popular opinion and we have a history of great captains which I'm proud of but we need 5 or 6 leaders and we do have that I think. 

I think we have a few bigger problems than that of leadership or captaincy and I think one of those issues were superbly addressed yesterday.

Archived