FAO Greg Marshall SLO

BridgeIsBlue

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

100k paying 200 quid wouldn't have come close to 45k paying 400 quid? 

How can you guarantee 100k would have paid £200? Where are you getting your figures from. What if only 30k bought.. ...

If you were the CEO of my business and you came to me and said I can get you another 55,000 customers to collect the same revenue We were already getting I would kick your arse out  the door. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’ve payed £480 for it which is working out £28 a game along with 46k others, some even more , so if we’re paying our actual game by game price , hows non season ticket holders allowed to get it for minimum £18 less , anybody thinks that’s proper treatment of season ticket holders is deluded 

You’re not the brightest Cedrick. I never paid £500 to watch streams, I paid £500 to renew my season ticket and keep my seat, there is a value to that. If you don’t understand that point i’ll explain it to you. It s a very simple point, Rangers and all other clubs know that they will only sell individual Games in a high volume if they charge around £10. If they charge individual games at £28 very few People  will purchase at that price. All our games can be watched for free on illegal streams, that’s why we won’t sell very many at £28. 

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

100k paying 200 quid wouldn't have come close to 45k paying 400 quid? 

The point is mate you couldn't viably forecast that.  There's no market research you could do or even take previous games as a guestimate to determine demand. As I said before it's finger up in the air stuff and you can't sustainability run a football club on that.

Lovely idea in principle, but completely unworkable and unsustainable in practice.

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

You’re not the brightest Cedrick. I never paid £500 to watch streams, I paid £500 to renew my season ticket and keep my seat, there is a value to that. If you don’t understand that point i’ll explain it to you. It s a very simple point, Rangers and all other clubs know that they will only sell individual Games in a high volume if they charge around £10. If they charge individual games at £28 very few People  will purchase at that price. All our games can be watched for free on illegal streams, that’s why we won’t sell very many at £28. 

listen I want to win as much as anybody but there should come a time when there’s a wee bit of fairness regarding the support, you pay for a season ticket to be entitled to privileges at the minute we’re getting shafted , put any slant on it you wish RTV is the equivalent of going to ibrox right now, so the situation is season ticket holders are paying full price per game non season ticket holders aren’t, their equivalent of a public sale ticket for one game is £9.99 ,

ibrox re opens season ticket holders still pay full price totally normal 👍🏻, the £9.99 bears now then have to pay £28 so why aren’t they paying £28 just now ? 

Rangers is the only walk of life would get away with such things , you go to your favourite restaurant for years your meal comes to £28 , the next table , the lads in for the first time ever his exact same meal comes to £9.99 we’d just say ach it’s money for the restaurant, Would we fuck we’d question how theirs is £18 less for the same thing 

43 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

How can you guarantee 100k would have paid £200? Where are you getting your figures from. What if only 30k bought.. ...

If you were the CEO of my business and you came to me and said I can get you another 55,000 customers to collect the same revenue We were already getting I would kick your arse out  the door. 

How could they guarantee 45k would pay 400 quid? 

26 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

The point is mate you couldn't viably forecast that.  There's no market research you could do or even take previous games as a guestimate to determine demand. As I said before it's finger up in the air stuff and you can't sustainability run a football club on that.

Lovely idea in principle, but completely unworkable and unsustainable in practice.

If we sold 45k STs and have an extensive waiting list, it's probably not a big leap to say the overwhelming majority of those would subscribe in lieu of a ST given they've paid considerably more for a ST this season for games they aren't going to get access to.

There are tens of thousands watch games on RTV in normal circumstances. There are also plenty others who would've happily subbed as they don't have and weren't going to get a ST (myself included). 

It may well be finger in the sky stuff, but so was expecting tens of thousands to sign up for STs and MyGers in the midst of a global pandemic. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

If we sold 45k STs and have an extensive waiting list, it's probably not a big leap to say the overwhelming majority of those would subscribe in lieu of a ST given they've paid considerably more for a ST this season for games they aren't going to get access to.

There are tens of thousands watch games on RTV in normal circumstances. There are also plenty others who would've happily subbed as they don't have and weren't going to get a ST (myself included). 

It may well be finger in the sky stuff, but so was expecting tens of thousands to sign up for STs and MyGers in the midst of a global pandemic. 

Honestly, it just wasn't possible mate. It's just not financially viable.

All the figures you're suggesting about subscribers here or there can't be forecasted because of the situation and as nice as it all sounds it was never a goer not selling ST's.

Just now, Pure_Quality said:

Honestly, it just wasn't possible mate. It's just not financially viable.

All the figures you're suggesting about subscribers here or there can't be forecasted because of the situation and as nice as it all sounds it was never a goer not selling ST's.

And the same applies to ST numbers. There's absolutely no way to have forecast what the sales would be in the middle of pandemic with many of those who would buy them furloughed or facing massive uncertainty over their own income.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And the same applies to ST numbers. There's absolutely no way to have forecast what the sales would be in the middle of pandemic with many of those who would buy them furloughed or facing massive uncertainty over their own income.

No mate. That's wrong.

You can forecast the ST numbers based on past sales because it happened before.

You can't forecast how many would not renew because of Covid because it hasn't happened before.

I dunno what to say to the ST holders this season

IMO as a non season ticket holder, you’s paid good hard earned money absolutely no doubting that, but surely it was knowing the chance there was no getting into Ibrox this season. 

I initially argued the access to RTV wasn’t actually free because you’d have paid for it. And I recognise you are paying more than non season ticket holders for access to RTV, But surely it was clearly known that this was an obvious outcome 

I’m steaming :lol: but as above surely it was something that crossed ST holders mind when it came to renewing, I get that it’s costing you guys more money to watch the games but surely, realistically you can’t expect others to be charged the same price, on the basis it would turn loads of current subscribers away from RTV

fuck knows :lol: In my head i think I make sense

massive credit to ST holders that renewed and I kinda do understand the frustrations, just think renewing came fully knowing the risks 

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

No mate. That's wrong.

You can forecast the ST numbers based on past sales because it happened before.

You can't forecast how many would not renew because of Covid because it hasn't happened before.

We've sold season tickets before during a global pandemic for games fans won't get access to? When was that?

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We've sold season tickets before during a global pandemic for games fans won't get access to? When was that?

You've being daft now mate.

We can forecast, because it's happened before, how many ST's we'll sell because it happened before. You can't forecast who wouldn't buy because of Covid.

1 minute ago, Pure_Quality said:

You've being daft now mate.

We can forecast, because it's happened before, how many ST's we'll sell because it happened before. You can't forecast who wouldn't buy because of Covid.

It hasn't happened before. There's literally never been a time that I'm aware of when we've sold season tickets which don't give fans access to Ibrox for home games.

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It hasn't happened before. There's literally never been a time that I'm aware of when we've sold season tickets which don't give fans access to Ibrox for home games.

It happens every year bud. We pay out monies for the games and we take our chance, that's what ST is (I don't have one I pay a similar amount by doing hospitality a few times a year) and you know what you get.

I'm sorry you feel hard done by some at the Club and particularly David Graham but feasibly the club couldn't have operated without the ST income. As I said before it just isn't feasible. No debate required.

EDIT: I genuinely hope you get your press privileges back because I like your work very much. Always been impressed by it.

On 13/08/2020 at 01:52, BridgeIsBlue said:

Why was the crowd noise heavily edited for last nights game when it seemingly had the plug pulled last weekend after the first 45 minutes following numerous complaints from selik fans on social media? 

Have you emailed him mate?

7 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

It happens every year bud. We pay out monies for the games and we take our chance, that's what ST is (I don't have one I pay a similar amount by doing hospitality a few times a year) and you know what you get.

I'm sorry you feel hard done by some at the Club and particularly David Graham but feasibly the club couldn't have operated without the ST income. As I said before it just isn't feasible. No debate required.

EDIT: I genuinely hope you get your press privileges back because I like your work very much. Always been impressed by it.

Oh no, I don't feel hard done by with the club (or have any particular issue beyond some of the bullshit that's been put out by the club recently) but do feel I have something of a responsibility to hold their feet to the fire when required.

Cheers mate, much appreciate that.

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm not so sure, if we're talking £25 for all of Augusts games in a bundle, if you take that over the nine months of the season thats just shy of £200 a skul for the season and - in theory - there's no cap on how many RTV STs the club could sell. There's only ever going to be slightly less than 50k proper STs sold. Sell 100k RTV season tickets at 200 quid each and you've effectively sold 50k STs at £400. There's also going to be punters only buying single matches on RTV, charge boozers like the louden a 'corporate' price similar to Sky etc. And you'd also have the the deposits paid by people wanting a proper ST. Even if that's 45k people paying a tenner each, thats another hefty wedge pocketed for essentially nothing. Worst case nobody gets in this season, take the small deposit off next year's book or refund it.

You're ignoring the fact that money up front allows for plans to be made. Id imagine most of our ST money is banked now. There is the risk that anyone on your method could cancel at any time. A huge risk given the pandemic has gone nowhere.

Rangers have the ST money, are selling bundles to non ST holders, and the certainty of money in the bank allows for budgets and planning we've seen results from ie new signings.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You're ignoring the fact that money up front allows for plans to be made. Id imagine most of our ST money is banked now. There is the risk that anyone on your method could cancel at any time. A huge risk given the pandemic has gone nowhere.

Rangers have the ST money, are selling bundles to non ST holders, and the certainty of money in the bank allows for budgets and planning we've seen results from ie new signings.

You'll need to explain why selling a ST to RTV in the exact same way we'd sell a normal ST wouldn't see us get the cash up front.

10 hours ago, Cedrick said:

listen I want to win as much as anybody but there should come a time when there’s a wee bit of fairness regarding the support, you pay for a season ticket to be entitled to privileges at the minute we’re getting shafted , put any slant on it you wish RTV is the equivalent of going to ibrox right now, so the situation is season ticket holders are paying full price per game non season ticket holders aren’t, their equivalent of a public sale ticket for one game is £9.99 ,

ibrox re opens season ticket holders still pay full price totally normal 👍🏻, the £9.99 bears now then have to pay £28 so why aren’t they paying £28 just now ? 

Rangers is the only walk of life would get away with such things , you go to your favourite restaurant for years your meal comes to £28 , the next table , the lads in for the first time ever his exact same meal comes to £9.99 we’d just say ach it’s money for the restaurant, Would we fuck we’d question how theirs is £18 less for the same thing 

You never seen the Trivago advert on TV re hotels? 😁 Folk do pay differently in all sorts of industries for the same product or service.

Why should students/ emergency services get free discounts too?

Why haven't you sought a refund if its that big a deal to you, just get one next year if we're allowed in then?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You'll need to explain why selling a ST to RTV in the exact same way we'd sell a normal ST wouldn't see us get the cash up front.

You've lost me a bit tbh 😁.

You're suggesting instead of paying Rangers upfront my ST money at 800 quid for my 3 STs, i buy 3 RTV deals at 600 quid total and have a contract with them that way? Do you mean pay upfront or monthly?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You've lost me a bit tbh 😁.

You're suggesting instead of paying Rangers upfront my ST money at 800 quid for my 3 STs, i buy 3 RTV deals at 600 quid total and have a contract with them that way? Do you mean pay upfront or monthly?

Aye, you're on the same page now - although I'd suggest that there'd be no need to purchase three unless you were really keen on putting the cash into the club.

Pay upfront while still offering a per match/monthly package to those who'd want that option. So it would be essentially the same script as with tickets to actually get into  games but only giving access to RTV at one price to everyone rather than having the perception that those who bought STs are paying almost 3x as much as non ST holders to watch the same game on the same stream.

I didnt care about the losing my seats stuff.

I had the cash there that could be paid for the ST knowing I might not have been there till at least xmas.

But in 2012 we all stood by helpless fuck all any of us could do to stop it. Now till we can become self sufficient then if i ever have the cash spare then I will always out it into the club. Gerrard is being backed and players wages need paid. We've also got a pretty huge burden round our neck with they tarrier fucks on.the brink of 10.

With regards the streams no offence but id no be paying 28 quid for one. 10er possibly aye but fuck paying 28 quid. Id just go to the boozer or local RSC.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, you're on the same page now - although I'd suggest that there'd be no need to purchase three unless you were really keen on putting the cash into the club.

Pay upfront while still offering a per match/monthly package to those who'd want that option. So it would be essentially the same script as with tickets to actually get into  games but only giving access to RTV at one price to everyone rather than having the perception that those who bought STs are paying almost 3x as much as non ST holders to watch the same game on the same stream.

The whole multi RTV account raised its head during Mygers launch. Folk realised how daft it was and rightly complained. This way we'd be risking every multi ST household (including those with multiple adult ones ) just going for one rtv account. Id say that risk alone doesn't seem in any way beneficial to Rangers, understandably.

What then retains my seats at Ibrox other than Rangers  goodwill? 

What happens if we do get in, ive bought a cheaper RTV deal when I had budgeted in the summer, do I need to find the money in January or whenever to pay in then? Do I get refunded the unfulfilled part of my RTV deal?

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The whole multi RTV account raised its head during Mygers launch. Folk realised how daft it was and rightly complained. This way we'd be risking every multi ST household (including those with multiple adult ones ) just going for one rtv account. Id say that risk alone doesn't seem in any way beneficial to Rangers, understandably.

What then retains my seats at Ibrox other than Rangers  goodwill? 

What happens if we do get in, ive bought a cheaper RTV deal when I had budgeted in the summer, do I need to find the money in January or whenever to pay in then? Do I get refunded the unfulfilled part of my RTV deal?

A small deposit would retain your seat and should we get back in this season (i still have some doubts it'll be any time soon tbh) then physical STs would be available at a pro-rata price for the remainder of  season. 2019/20 STs holders would be given first refusal on their seat.

Aye, could easily use the portion of games 'unused' as credit against a ST.

Archived