Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I love that badge, but it just doesn't look right on that kit for some reason.

It's because it's not the badge you're remembering from the past. It's more stretched out and elongated, slightly bigger. 

It makes it look sort of odd if you're used to the original.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

It's because it's not the badge you're remembering from the past. It's more stretched out and elongated, slightly bigger. 

It makes it look sort of odd if you're used to the original.

Could be that. Just doesn't look right on the jersey at all to me.

3 hours ago, Assegai said:

He posted pictures of the kit with prices and said he got them from Sports Direct - so Castore's competitor.

Castore have a deal with SD.

SD actually took Adidas to court as they blocked sales of next seasons Newcastle shirt. SD said they have a deal with Castore to exclusively sell kits, including ours. Something which the club and Castore have tried to deny. 

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-68769820.amp

Screenshot_20240528_181941_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

That SD rangers website has loads of unsponsored kits on it that I've never seen sold on the castore site. 

Strange stuff.

My hunch is SD have started to act a bit like Classic Football Shirts and have started buying up stuff on the deadstock market and selling it on. 

They are shifting stuff that we / Castore would only be able to sell until end of season as it would breach contractual obligations to Kindred.

31 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Hate that you've pointed that out. It's so off centre it's annoying the fuck out of me now.

Castor badge looks too far to the right as well, look how close it is to the armpit.  surely just a shite picture  

The SD early release thing is clearly part of whatever settlement was agreed. This needs to be brought up at the next fan engagement meeting. 

12 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Why are we releasing a new away top before a home one anyway?

Marketing/sales ploy I’d imagine. Boost sales of the away by having it be the first new top. The home top will sell big regardless of when it’s out.