Handball

Redwhiteandblue

Agree with Souness, defenders will just have to learn to jump without the need to do a star shapes or hands up in the air.

It makes the rules clearer, handle the ball with outstretched arms and it’s a penalty, none of this did he mean it or hand to ball, ball to hand pish. As long as all teams in Scotland have to play to the same rules then it shouldn’t be a problem, that is where it might be an issue.

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Kamara’s was a penalty, the one with Helander was a blatant dive and he should have been booked for diving.  I love how no one mentions that btw.

It wasn't a penalty and he went down too easily, but I don't think you should book someone for diving when the defender has his hands on him.

5 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Agree with Souness, defenders will just have to learn to jump without the need to do a star shapes or hands up in the air.

It makes the rules clearer, handle the ball with outstretched arms and it’s a penalty, none of this did he mean it or hand to ball, ball to hand pish. As long as all teams in Scotland have to play to the same rules then it shouldn’t be a problem, that is where it might be an issue.

I didn't hear the comment but on the face of it written that way it sounds moronic.

There will be far more head injuries and ground contact injuries if everyone is meant to jump like a retarded salmon.

Think some of the updated rules are changes made that suit VAR .And not having VAR makes them more confusing ,Maybe not in the penalties we received but for other handballs and in the new update of the offside rule .

Still no chat of VAR here though and we all know why and it’s nothing to do with the cost .

49 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I didn't hear the comment but on the face of it written that way it sounds moronic.

There will be far more head injuries and ground contact injuries if everyone is meant to jump like a retarded salmon.

I don’t know, it simplifies the rules was his main argument. It does that, no more “did he mean it“ or “hand to ball or ball to hand” all of which can be ambiguous.

It works, hand out-with body when ball hits it is a penalty, no ifs,buts or maybes. 

Good to Read that UEFA Deputy Chief Refereeing OfficerHugh Dallas is defending Bobby Madden for officiating a match following the SFA/SPFL rules. I wonder what Dallas' opinion would be on the challenge Morelos received that left an hole above his knee.

Daily Record

Hugh Dallas defends Rangers penalty decisions as former ref contests Michael Stewart claim

The Scottish former whistler disagreed with the pundit's assessment.

By Steven Mair

----------------

Former Scottish referee Hugh Dallas has defended whistler Bobby Madden for the two penalties he awarded Rangers in a Premiership clash against Motherwell. Steven Gerrard's side were the beneficiaries of two handballs that led to James Tavernier putting the Light Blues 1-0 and 3-0 up in Sunday's meeting at Fir Park.

Alterations to the laws of the game regarding handball have come under intense scrutiny north and south of the border, especially with the watchful eye of VAR in the English Premier League. Pundit Michael Stewart slammed the decisions after the Lanarkshire encounter, insisting neither spot-kick should have been given.

Motherwell vs Rangers penalty decisions assessed as handball law comes under the microscope Dallas - who now works for European football governing body UEFA as their deputy chief refereeing officer - expressed sympathy with Stewart and others in the game who are dismayed by the flurry of penalties prompted by the rule change.

But he stuck by whistler Madden and insisted the two controversial calls were on the money. Speaking to BBC Sportsound, he said: "I can understand from player and coaches' point of view they don't like it.

"No one likes change, whether change is for the better, and normally it should be. "At the end of the day, the arm was higher than it was when it struck the players hand. "I think Michael Stewart said (on Sunday night) he tried to get his hand out of the way, and by doing that he stopped the ball from going beyond him. "According to the law, the body was made unnaturally bigger and it stopped the ball going to an opposition player. "The decisions at Fir Park are difficult but, according to the laws of the game, the referee called both decisions correctly." Dallas' verdict came in response to Stewart claiming there was nothing Well's Bevis Mugabi could have done to prevent the ball striking his hand.

The former Hearts man said: "What's 'unnatural'? This is the thing. Bevis Mugabi's movement there is completely natural. "He's tried to move his arm back in towards his body, the ball strikes it and he's given a penalty against it."

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It always amazes me .They get 2 weeks of analysis and quotes from every cunt and his granny ,when Rangers get the benefit of a refereeing decision .What’s the betting they get a compliant ref for the game in a few weeks 

It will be Clancy or Madden ,Madden won’t dare give us anything after the abuse he’s been getting ,Saw a clip from the hotline yday ,There was some tarrier going on about him reacting to pressure from us to give penalties before the game and that isn’t right (ok for Lurgan Plopp to put pressure on before cup finals though )Then there is that Motherwell official on twitter plus the thousands of taigs losing their shit ,It’s been overboard on 2 correct decisions and the first of many many penalties denied since the last one .

Dont new to say why Clancy is the other potential ref .

1 hour ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Old rules, new rules? Who gives a fuck, penalties were awarded rightly so and it’s upset the rhepublican brigadoomers, good enough for the Rangers and British hating bhastards 👍🏻🇬🇧

They are diseased bastards and there is no cure apart from a ferry they are reluctant to get on .

Surely you would expect any normal football association  to take issue with the content against one of their referees  which IMO has gone way over the top, but as yet I have seen no support for Bobby Madden from the SFA.

Could it be argued that this is an orchestrated campaign by certain press outlets and individuals in order to bring pressure to bear against any penalty decisions that may be awarded to The Rangers in the future.

If so what future sponsors would want to associate  their brand with Scottish  football  in the future.

Totally warped, twisted and destructive  thinking IMO

17 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

It will be Clancy or Madden ,Madden won’t dare give us anything after the abuse he’s been getting ,Saw a clip from the hotline yday ,There was some tarrier going on about him reacting to pressure from us to give penalties before the game and that isn’t right (ok for Lurgan Plopp to put pressure on before cup finals though )Then there is that Motherwell official on twitter plus the thousands of taigs losing their shit ,It’s been overboard on 2 correct decisions and the first of many many penalties denied since the last one .

Dont new to say why Clancy is the other potential ref .

I think Madden won’t get it mate tbh

It will be Mclean ,Clancy ,Collum or most likely Walsh 

With the wee bastard that kept his flag down last week getting the line 

Stick a thousand on that if there were odds 

On 29/09/2020 at 18:51, eejay the dj said:

Well you will be screaming in a few weeks when possibly a couple are given against us .Phantom ones mind 

Still penalties regardless. Im going by the ones thats been awarded, not the hypothetical ones youre making up

Archived