The best Rangers goal poll.

LegendofCoop

Best Rangers goal?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Best Rangers goal?

1 hour ago, jamess said:

Roofe's goal is up their with the best ever goals in world football, but does not qualify as a great Rangers goal for me as not scored against the devil's 11.

I think all those goals posted on here (and many more that haven’t been) are up there with the best goals in world football tbh. Aside from being of the highest quality, Roofe’s goal is rare that’s why it’s getting the worldwide coverage. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

I think all those goals posted on here (and many more that haven’t been) are up there with the best goals in world football tbh. Aside from being of the highest quality, Roofe’s goal is rare that’s why it’s getting the worldwide coverage. 

Agree, but a great Rangers goal is something more than the goal, its the setting and opposition. The Cooper goal is mesmeric skill and against the scum,  so a clear winner for me.

4 minutes ago, jamess said:

Agree, but a great Rangers goal is something more than the goal, its the setting and opposition. The Cooper goal is mesmeric skill and against the scum,  so a clear winner for me.

Definitely mate, and if that was Beckenbauer at a World Cup it would be the most famous goal in the history of the World Cup.  

On 23/10/2020 at 01:19, bluenoz said:

Gazza's goal against Aberdeen should be in the poll. Whittakers goal should be in there... Hately's goal against Leeds...

But without a doubt, the best goal I have ever saw in a Rangers shirt was Kemar Roofe about six hours ago.

You couldn't have seen Cooper's against the tims in the Dryburgh Cup then.

Whilst Roofe's goaL was unbelievably good, Cooper's in the Dryburgh Cup wasn't a one-off.   A cup final against our deadliest rivals and the manner of his execution of the goal stands head and shoulders above every other Rangers goal I've ever seen.  I'm not denigrating Roofe, I'm promoting the outstanding ability of Davie Cooper.  He had another individual wonder goal at Tynecastle in the 1980s in a 1 each draw.  He had another display of sheer brilliance against Ilves where he set up a tap-in after an amazing run.  The latter two examples of Cooper's play are merely to  emphasise his ability and the fact that his Dryburgh cup goal was no fluke, no hit it and hope special, which is why I put Cooper first.

Still some goal by Roofe though.

:p:

Archived