Brilliant man. That was a tough, tough game.

British_Empire

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, plumbGER said:

On another night we could easily have lost that game, we dug in and got the 3 points in the bag that will hopefully go towards getting us out the group stages.

Collectively we are much more professional and even on a night we have a few players below par we have others who can step up to the plate and win the game for us.

Good 3 points.

Aw for fuck sake.

Hi x

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Such a fucking stupid name :lol:

I watched the cup final there last year when I was over so I only have bad memories of it tbh

Aye I really hated that bar tbh. Thought the folk were dicks and just didn't get a nice vibe from it at all.

This one cunt that looked like Clint Eastwood in the Gran Torino film, think his name was Harry, biggest arsehole going.

I'm not the best pool player in the world but he'd spend time at the tables thinking he owned the place, I played a wee Mexican guy, beat him and mad Harry was up next. Never wanted to win a game so badly. Asked him if he had change for the table and he just looked me up and down and pointed to the bar ok prick ... anyway, pocketed from break and potted another 2 and he pipes up with "you are using my cue" ... :lol: give him "his cue" and still go on to beat him ... he says rematch I say naw your OK, finish my beer and walk out held high and said I'm never going back in there again shitehole (especially compared to some other places in Manhattan) 

Just now, British_Empire said:

Aye I really hated that bar tbh. Thought the folk were dicks and just didn't get a nice vibe from it at all.

This one cunt that looked like Clint Eastwood in the Gran Torino film, think his name was Harry, biggest arsehole going.

I'm not the best pool player in the world but he'd spend time at the tables thinking he owned the place, I played a wee Mexican guy, beat him and mad Harry was up next. Never wanted to win a game so badly. Asked him if he had change for the table and he just looked me up and down and pointed to the bar ok prick ... anyway, pocketed from break and potted another 2 and he pipes up with "you are using my cue" ... :lol: give him "his cue" and still go on to beat him ... he says rematch I say naw your OK, finish my beer and walk out held high and said I'm never going back in there again shitehole (especially compared to some other places in Manhattan) 

:lol:

Yeah, when I turned up they weren't very welcoming. I think a few of them thought I had the wrong place obviously being the only non-white guy there then not ordering any alcohol :lol:

That Harry guy no one of the main guys running it ? If I'm thinking of the right guy, he had a pop at me because I had put my can of red bull down on the pool table where they had laid out their merchandise

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

:lol:

Yeah, when I turned up they weren't very welcoming. I think a few of them thought I had the wrong place obviously being the only non-white guy there then not ordering any alcohol :lol:

That Harry guy no one of the main guys running it ? If I'm thinking of the right guy, he had a pop at me because I had put my can of red bull down on the pool table where they had laid out their merchandise

The guy Harry I don't think he's anything to do with the Rangers guys that take over the pub on match-day's. I don't think he'd even know who we are. 

14 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not seen anything from Roofe so far that makes me think he can take Morelos’s place or eventually replace him.

He looks slow and ponderous.

The jury still out on him for me. That said, the Leeds fans think he was fantastic for them and most were unhappy when he left. I know that was Championship and not PL, but still one of the better Championship sides. This suggests the guy has something so hopefully it will show in the future. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

The guy Harry I don't think he's anything to do with the Rangers guys that take over the pub on match-day's. I don't think he'd even know who we are. 

Fair. There was another guy with long hair, slightly chubby, lost his Scottish accent (if he ever had one, no idea if he was Scottish or American of Scottish descent) who seemed to be running the show

10 hours ago, gogzy said:

Another plus point tonight was Balogun.  Likes to run with the ball, looks very comfortable.

Don't think I have any worries with him.

We didn't play badly, we just didn't play at anywhere near our best.

As fans our standards have changed. We’re now accustomed to higher levels of football. I’m liking it. 

10 hours ago, gogzy said:

Another plus point tonight was Balogun.  Likes to run with the ball, looks very comfortable.

Don't think I have any worries with him.

We didn't play badly, we just didn't play at anywhere near our best.

I'm surprised at how good he has been

Why was this guy languishing at Wigan Athletic ffs?

Just now, psb07158 said:

You in one of those cities?

I do want to do a 6 month secondment out to Toronto hopefully at some point in the next 2 years but definitely not over the winter period :lol:

I don't know if you've been to Toronto but I found it very similar to New York - bars, places to eat, buildings, weather, prices etc.

I'm surprised at how good he has been

Why was this guy languishing at Wigan Athletic ffs?

Was it not Brighton but way down the pecking order? He looks a real steal and to get a player like that at short notice, after Katic got injured, shows we are doing our scouting homework.

You in one of those cities?

I do want to do a 6 month secondment out to Toronto hopefully at some point in the next 2 years but definitely not over the winter period :lol:

Just outside Toronto mate. Mississauga. Winters are horrible here. Spring, summer, and autumn are great. 

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don't know if you've been to Toronto but I found it very similar to New York - bars, places to eat, buildings, weather, prices etc.

Never been mate but know loads of folk who have gone out there for work and they have loved it. One guy stayed for 3 years before coming home when his girlfriend got pregnant with their kid

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Was it not Brighton but way down the pecking order? He looks a real steal and to get a player like that at short notice, after Katic got injured, shows we are doing our scouting homework.

Aye but he couldn't get a game at Brighton then got loaned to Wigan, then signed by Wigan to complete the 19-20 season but my point is he could surely have got a better club on loan than Wigan and/or played for Wigan. Can't believe that diddy Duffy played ahead of Goldson/Balogun. 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Just outside Toronto mate. Mississauga. Winters are horrible here. Spring, summer, and autumn are great. 

Decent

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

What entails your secondment?  What you studying? 

Not studying, working now. Work in mergers & acquisitions. Canada has lots of deal activity and obviously one of the biggest institutional investors in the world in the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund. I've done a fair number of deals for those guys in the UK 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Not studying, working now. Work in mergers & acquisitions. Canada has lots of deal activity and obviously one of the biggest institutional investors in the world in the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund. I've done a fair number of deals for those guys in the UK 

Yeah, they’re involved with a lot of high profile companies. They used to be an owner in the sports teams in Toronto. Think they were/are involved with the NY Yankees in some capacity. 

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Never been mate but know loads of folk who have gone out there for work and they have loved it. One guy stayed for 3 years before coming home when his girlfriend got pregnant with their kid

Aye but he couldn't get a game at Brighton then got loaned to Wigan, then signed by Wigan to complete the 19-20 season but my point is he could surely have got a better club on loan than Wigan and/or played for Wigan. Can't believe that diddy Duffy played ahead of Goldson/Balogun. 

Decent

Yeah you could be right there mate, whilst I was in exile I kinda lost out on a load of info i'd normally get on here and became like one of the old guys everyone knows. My boy would tell me we got a new player and most times i'd ask if he was good or shite having never heard of him:lol:

Good point about Duffy, can understand how Goldson didn't play with his heart operation etc but not Balogun. Duffy surely wasn't always as brutal as he is now, he runs like a 38 year old, can't believe his age.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

They used to be a customer of ours when I worked at Credit Suisse. To say their business was hot was an understatement . 

Archived