Balogun out tomorrow

KingKirk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KingKirk said:

Waiting on the compliance officer to do her thing and get the st mirren player cited for serious foul play on the back of this news. 

Another example of Rangers being held to a different standard than everyone else. 

Shambles 

Just read this mate, it is actually really starting to irk me as I honestly believe if it was the other way round there would be media covered pressure from the usual sections of the community for the compliance protocol to kick in. It’s actually ridiculous that even now the procedures for referral still sit in a grey area. Bottom line is he lead with an arm which impacted with an opponent with such force it looks to have caused a concussion. Regardless of intent this should be still characterised as excessive force and following AM fast track ban the same rule should apply for the St. Mirren player...

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Waiting on the compliance officer to do her thing and get the st mirren player cited for serious foul play on the back of this news. 

Another example of Rangers being held to a different standard than everyone else. 

Shambles 

There was nothing in that incident, it was a coming together, nothing more.

Morelos shouldn't give the compliance officer a chance to get involved.

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Just read this mate, it is actually really starting to irk me as I honestly believe if it was the other way round there would be media covered pressure from the usual sections of the community for the compliance protocol to kick in. It’s actually ridiculous that even now the procedures for referral still sit in a grey area. Bottom line is he lead with an arm which impacted with an opponent with such force it looks to have caused a concussion. Regardless of intent this should be still characterised as excessive force and following AM fast track ban the same rule should apply for the St. Mirren player...

No asking for alot mate just apply the rules in a fair and even manner. 

It wasn't even a free kick nevermind a card 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

There was nothing in that incident, it was a coming together, nothing more.

Morelos shouldn't give the compliance officer a chance to get involved.

Coming together it's a forearm in the face mate fuck sake that's caused our player to go off and now miss several games probably 

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Shambles 

Would need to see the incident back. Planned to after the game but couldn't be arsed. I thought Balogun and another player got confused, ball bounced then when he went in his head was a bit low rather that the guy smashing him deliberately. Might be wrong.

I mind folk moaning we'd signed another CH when he came in. Thank fuck we did as assuming Helander is fit we only have 2/5 experienced pros available plus King or Bassey if shit hits the fan.

As said before we can all moan like fuck on here to get stuff like this off our chests but if the club don’t continually challenge the authorities over parity then we’ll continue to get slapped about week in week out and to a point it will cost us points and not just cups.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Because it was never a free kick ffs :lol: 

I think KK is talking more about the retrospective grey areas of what constitutes excessive force and the way the compliance procedure is applied (or in the case of Scott Browns stamp the other week) not applied. It still astounds me that the incident where AM had his leg gashed with a high boot didn’t end up with punishment, no one with any integrity can honestly tell me that the player didn’t intend to leave one on Morelos, and that was certainly excessive force...

2 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I think KK is talking more about the retrospective grey areas of what constitutes excessive force and the way the compliance procedure is applied (or in the case of Scott Browns stamp the other week) not applied. It still astounds me that the incident where AM had his leg gashed with a high boot didn’t end up with punishment, no one with any integrity can honestly tell me that the player didn’t intend to leave one on Morelos, and that was certainly excessive force...

I just want the laws applied consistently across the board no just against my club. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Leads with the elbow in his face then does the same movement as Morelos where he outstretched his arms. 

Agreed leads with his elbow and not the worse I ever seen as Balogun also leans his head in but if we want the rules applied evenly then the co should be getting involved but I won’t be holding by breath waiting for action  from the fenian mess

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

A forearm in the face isn't a free kick but morelos "jumping into a cb" is both a free kick and yellow? 

Are u being serious 

Morelos deliberately tried to hit a player after the ball was already away.

Balogun let the ball bounce and got caught by a player going up to win a ball naturally. It was his own fault he came off second best.

4 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Balogun waited on the ball coming down and went for it too late, he was stupid in how he approached it. Should have went for it when it was in the air and cleared out the St Midden player as well.

You literally get taught this when you are 10 years old. I absolutely hate watching a CB let a ball bounce.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I just want the laws applied consistently across the board no just against my club. 

Then it would only be a yellow card and no scope for the compliance officer to take action. Morelos wasn't cited for leading with his arm but the wee flick out after it

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Coming together it's a forearm in the face mate fuck sake that's caused our player to go off and now miss several games probably 

Nah mate disagree its a 50/50 n obika is running towards Balogun, his momentum is always goin to take him into Balogun. Where else could Obika arm go. He can't keep it by his side.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Morelos deliberately tried to hit a player after the ball was already away.

Balogun let the ball bounce and got caught by a player going up to win a ball naturally. It was his own fault he came off second best.

Morelos was booked on Sunday for jumping into the cb mate no the arm in the face. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Then it would only be a yellow card and no scope for the compliance officer to take action. Morelos wasn't cited for leading with his arm but the wee flick out after it

Dude your wrong mate a yellow can be upgraded to a red card it happened last season 

Archived