The Steven Gerrard Thread

RockwellGers

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye mate, obviously times I was fucking pissed right off with him, thought he was making the same mistakes over and over. He sorted it

Mate you weren't alone. Plenty on here wanted rid at one time or another. The change in our club/set up is incredible compared to the shambles he inherited. He's done a brilliant job in turning us into a force to be reckoned with on a low budget. Arise Sir Steven.

12 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye mate, obviously times I was fucking pissed right off with him, thought he was making the same mistakes over and over. He sorted it

He did mate. 

Not you specifically mate but some of the shit fired his way this season over 4 dropped points was pretty fucking incredible.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He did mate. 

Not you specifically mate but some of the shit fired his way this season over 4 dropped points was pretty fucking incredible.

🤣

4 dropped points is unreal at this stage of the season. 

Don’t think I was ever one to slate Gerrard on the forum mate, might have but I genuinely don’t remember if I did. Definitely times I doubted him though and I’m delighted it’s now working out for him and us, he’s built a proper decent team here. 

31 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Been times when I wasn’t sure, even times I wanted him gone. Now I hope he never leaves. 😆

we’re fucking flying under him now.  Still feel like I’m dreaming 

Don't even want to back and read what I said in his first two seasons :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

🤣

4 dropped points is unreal at this stage of the season. 

Don’t think I was ever one to slate Gerrard on the forum mate, might have but I genuinely don’t remember if I did. Definitely times I doubted him though and I’m delighted it’s now working out for him and us, he’s built a proper decent team here. 

The shit that he was given after Livi and Hivs away was ridiculous. Pathetic at the time never mind in hindsight.

Those responsible for the nonsense will know who they are. 

I'm sure they'll be big enough to admit they got if wrong. 

Turnaround since March has been unbelievable and one which none of us could have predicted, still thoroughly believe as soon as we get one trophy under our belt the rest will click into place, we'll look back on this season in years to come wondering how the fuck have we not won the lot domestically. 

Buzzing to see us perform in the CL next season. 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Turnaround since March has been unbelievable and one which none of us could have predicted, still thoroughly believe as soon as we get one trophy under our belt the rest will click into place, we'll look back on this season in years to come wondering how the fuck have we not won the lot domestically. 

Buzzing to see us perform in the CL next season. 

The progress was there, it was only a case of whether it was quick enough. It wasnt in the slightest one "none could have predicted".

Europe and scum victories should have shown there was enough there, but instead some shat the bed.

Gerrard was only 2 years in at the start  of this season. He was on an initial 4 year contract never mind the extension.

The vitriol he got, with x no of games to prove his worth and calls for his sacking were fucking scandalous.

Both him and those who stick up for him got it fucking tight early this season, and those responsible for that know who they are, let's not trivialise the fact so many wanted him gone.

Been some frustrating times but you always knew he was helping us progress we were always on an upwards trajectory under Gerrard imo, definitely was helped in keeping his job with our results in Europe and you could see signs of a promising side that could rip teams apart domestically, this season we have smashed it. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The progress was there, it was only a case of whether it was quick enough. It wasnt in the slightest one "none could have predicted".

Europe and scum victories should have shown there was enough there, but instead some shat the bed.

Gerrard was only 2 years in at the start  of this season. He was on an initial 4 year contract never mind the extension.

The vitriol he got, with x no of games to prove his worth and calls for his sacking were fucking scandalous.

Both him and those who stick up for him got it fucking tight early this season, and those responsible for that know who they are, let's not trivialise the fact so many wanted him gone.

OK. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The progress was there, it was only a case of whether it was quick enough. It wasnt in the slightest one none could have predicted.

It was two trophyless seasons and points dropped fairly early in this season, it would be a shock if a Rangers manager wasn't under scrutiny after all that even with the European and derby game progress. Gerrard himself sounded extremely pessimistic about the future after the cup defeat at Tynecastle before Covid overtook everything

I get you can probably pick out some extreme frenzied comments but that is the nature of the internet. End of the day mate the focus should really be on enjoying and celebrating this together rather than thinking about who can say I told you so etc. 

The way circumstances have aligned its worked out for the best 

8 hours ago, simplythebest said:

It was two trophyless seasons and points dropped fairly early in this season, it would be a shock if a Rangers manager wasn't under scrutiny after all that even with the European and derby game progress. Gerrard himself sounded extremely pessimistic about the future after the cup defeat at Tynecastle before Covid overtook everything

I get you can probably pick out some extreme frenzied comments but that is the nature of the internet. End of the day mate the focus should really be on enjoying and celebrating this together rather than thinking about who can say I told you so etc. 

The way circumstances have aligned its worked out for the best 

Thats a nice way to think about it for those who slated and berated him tbh.

Anyone who expected trophies in the 1st season is a fool. 2nd season of  potentially 4 some criticism certainly was due given who we went out of cups to.

This 3rd season the cup defeat was painful but really the league is and was the be all end all. 

It really wasn't extreme frenzied anything, but yeah, we got through it and all well that ends well.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Thats a nice way to think about it for those who slated and berated him tbh.

Anyone who expected trophies in the 1st season is a fool. 2nd season of  potentially 4 some criticism due given who we went out to.

This 3rd season the cup defeat was painful but really the league is and was the be all end all. 

It really wasn't extreme frenzied anything, but yeah, we got through it and all well that ends well.

Same with Morelos mate plenty slated him wanted him out ect then when he bangs in a couple of goal he’s a hero again. Pretty sure you’ve been as scathing in your criticism of Alfie as others have been with Gerrard. End of the day we all want Rangers to win football games and Alfredo to bang in goals, we’re all passionate about the Rangers. Who cares who was right or wrong.

Archived