Walter Smith

Jimbo.

Have been hearing some worrying things about Walter being seriously unwell and in hospital. Really hoping it is unfounded, but it's from a few sources, so it's concerning.

Graeme Souness actually mentioned him having other things to deal with when talking about the title win.

As I say. Here's hoping it's a lot of shite.

That's one of the messages I had seen. 

Looking back at him meeting Gerrard though, I'd struggle too believe he was stage 4 lung cancer though. That wasn't that long ago.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo. said:

Looking back at him meeting Gerrard though, I'd struggle too believe he was stage 4 lung cancer though. That wasn't that long ago.

I can only speak about my own experience with my da but by time he found out he had pancreatic cancer he was gone with in 2 months. 

6 minutes ago, Jimbo. said:

There’s also another thing going about that he has an operation and it hasn’t worked out well.

2 minutes ago, EverestGers said:

Sadly the rumours are true.  I’ve known for a few days as my mates Mrs works in ICU.  Fingers crossed for the gaffer 🙏🙏🙏

Are you responsible for the WhatsApp message going about?  If so you do realise if this is true you’ve probably just cost your mates missus her job.  Well actually she’s cost herself it.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fucking hell. Really hope this is just Chinese whispers. Always dreaded the day we lose the best Rangers manager of my lifetime.

The absolute benchmark for Rangers managers for me, and I suspect he will be for the rest of my lifetime too.

Anybody who ever has the honour of occupying the managers office at Ibrox should often be asking themsleves the question “what would Walter Smith do in this situation?” because he could manage us with his eyes shut.

Just now, DBBTB said:

The absolute benchmark for Rangers managers for me.

Anybody who ever has the honour of occupying the managers office at Ibrox should often be asking themsleves the question “what would Walter Smith do in this situation” because he could manage us with his eyes shut.

He's the last of a dying breed for me. Cut from the old cloth. No nonesence no bullshit. A true Rangers man. Should and will be mentioned with the likes of Sir Alex etc. He did it over two very different eras as well where football had changed dramatically. My favourite Rangers manager.

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Are you responsible for the WhatsApp message going about?  If so you do realise if this is true you’ve probably just cost your mates missus her job.  Well actually she’s cost herself it.

Nope not mentioned to a soul since I was told. Only reason I’ve commented on here is because somebody has started a thread on it as I wanted to wish him well. Maybe better asking the boy who started the thread no?

15 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I can only speak about my own experience with my da but by time he found out he had pancreatic cancer he was gone with in 2 months. 

Same with my gran mate she had pancreatic cancer and died with pheumonia because of the low immune system due to the chemo. 

1 minute ago, EverestGers said:

Nope not mentioned to a soul since I was told. Only reason I’ve commented on here is because somebody has started a thread on it as I wanted to wish him well. Maybe better asking the boy who started the thread no?

Aye but two different people saying their mates missies works in ICU makes me think maybe it's rumours. Suspect a.f for me but maybe that's just hopeful thinking.

2 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Same with my gran mate she had pancreatic cancer and died with pheumonia because of the low immune system due to the chemo. 

My old man was told he wasn’t fit enough for chemo.  I’ve got a lot of hatred over the NHS for the time it took them to deal with a lot of things and mistakes they made but that’s another story not for this thread.

Archived