Should European Competition Be Boycotted?

Master_Betty

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Master_Betty said:

Totally agree that’s what SHOULD happen, but my question is around what do we do if that doesn’t happen? Do we just moan and carry on or actually do something? 

I get the sentiment but IF a boycott was to happen it would have to be led by the big clubs. I think that all our boycott would do is cause a quickly forgotten ripple and if course out neighbours would gladly take our place and the prize money. They couldn't even tweet in support of Glen. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

It would only ever put enough pressure on UEFA if the majority of clubs in the competition abstained from competing.

I appreciate the sentiment but it’s pie in the sky because you would never get a majority of clubs on board.

And you may well be right. Other clubs joining might be fanciful in fact I know even us doing it is fanciful - I don’t expect it to happen. It’s hypothetical... if nothing comes of this do we take direct action or not.

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I'm not on a horse I'm on a couch hahahahaha

Calm it with the tarrier shite, I like to believe we're aw bears in here with different options, probably are some tarriers lurking about but it seems anybody who has a different opinion is a tarrier 😂

Just now, superallysbears said:

Calm it with the tarrier shite, I like to believe we're aw bears in here with different options, probably are some tarriers lurking about but it seems anybody who has a different opinion is a tarrier 😂

I think the OP might be a tarrier

I didn't say you were one, I said you have a tarrier mentality wanting us to use the situation to our advantage

30 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

I know at first this may sound like an extreme reaction or perhaps cutting our nose off to spite our face but on the reasonable assumption that uefa are going to give out a petty £50k fine and a verbal slap on the wrist then they are basically endorsing racism.

European competition stinks of racism and very little is done about it by the corrupt wrinkly men in charge who think only about money.

If they are not going to take it seriously and actually STAMP racism out of the game then should we (the club) consider withdrawing from it next year and encourage other clubs to do the same until something happens.

If the counter argument is “no, we need the money” then are we any better than uefa for participating and thus supporting this cess pit?

M8 i get what you're trying to say but do you honestly think by boycotting European Football that you'd get any brownie points for being seen to be trying to do the right thing?

If this had happened anywhere else in Europe to another Black player on another team there wouldn't be the uproar there is in Scotland right now.

Sad but true.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

I think the OP might be a tarrier

I didn't say you were one, I said you have a tarrier mentality wanting us to use the situation to our advantage

Aye well, it seems anything you don't agree with or not aligned to your way of thinking is tarrier minded, I don't care if you call me a tarrier but your wearing that word out haha.

2 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

And you may well be right. Other clubs joining might be fanciful in fact I know even us doing it is fanciful - I don’t expect it to happen. It’s hypothetical... if nothing comes of this do we take direct action or not.

The real question is “how do you pressure UEFA into taking action without financially hamstringing the club?”

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

We need to win the league next season, absolutely no way I'm accepting that lot getting automatic entry into CL thanks to our efforts over the past 3 season. It starts tomorrow. As for the OP, get a grip.

Was thinking that just about an hour ago 🤣, fuck making it easy for the scum, I'm confident we will take advantage though when the time comes.

Just now, Bigdave30 said:

The real question is “how do you pressure UEFA into taking action without financially hamstringing the club?”

And it’s a good question, and welcome the alternative suggestions but seems it beyond the intellectual level of some on here (not saying you) who just post tarrier/don’t be stupid/get a grip etc.

There is an irony in some of these social media replies that I’m surprised is lost on some...

33 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

So if racism is to remain in the competition we should just keep participating in it and thus supporting it year after year?

Id argue that doing that while hoping uefa will do anything is stupid.

If we have to boycott every competition where racism is involved we will be playing fuck all football for the next ten years.

2 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

And it’s a good question, and welcome the alternative suggestions but seems it beyond the intellectual level of some on here (not saying you) who just post tarrier/don’t be stupid/get a grip etc.

There is an irony in some of these social media replies that I’m surprised is lost on some...

Get a grip ya stupid tarrier

3 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

Name names or this will go down as a 'shat it'.

4 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

Shut up.

3 minutes ago, Master_Betty said:

Don't think anyone is genuinely calling you a tarrier mate. But plenty rightfully saying "don't talk stupid" which you are. But we all do sometimes. Just take it. It's a football forum where fans give their opinion. Thicken your skin and realize when you post something out there for people to see you will get battered at times.

Also on good authority on here that @Jeffreycanny fight anyway.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Don't think anyone is genuinely calling you a tarrier mate. But plenty rightfully saying "don't talk stupid" which you are. But we all do sometimes. Just take it. It's a football forum where fans give their opinion. Thicken your skin and realize when you post something out there for people to see you will get battered at times.

Also on good authority on here that @Jeffreycanny fight anyway.

I have experience in competitive combat sports such as kung fu.

Archived