The 4231

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We look so much more comfortable and fluid and dynamic when we adopt this system, we really need to continue it in scottish football, not one scottish team is dangerous enough that warrants 3 sitting mids

That extra man up the park means the striker can link up while there are options either side as well, so much more difficult to defend against, especially when you add in the support from the fullbacks

Aribo is such a joy to watch on either side of the attacking mid 3, he could literally get in behind gemma collins in a phone box, hagi's movement, touch and vision in the centre will cause chaos all the time, wright or kent on the other side, their fast feet, movement, willingness to run at players and their 1-2's to get in behind drag opposition defensive shapes all over the place

Roofe is morelos's replacement, if he stays fit, morelos has been some player for us, but roofe has absolutely everything in his locker as well, 

And next Thursday i wouldnt start barisic or tav, they don't deserve it and quite frankly dont look anywhere near as fit as bassey and patterson, 

Was gonna start a Roofe thread, but you summed it up for me here.

I am starting to think that Roofe offers us more than Morelos up front. He does not hold the ball up as well, but in terms of intricate passing with the guys playing the attacking mid roles, he links up far better.

He is also a stronger finisher than Morelos.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love Alfie and he is a top notch striker, but I think Roofe might actually work better for us.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Was gonna start a Roofe thread, but you summed it up for me here.

I am starting to think that Roofe offers us more than Morelos up front. He does not hold the ball up as well, but in terms of intricate passing with the guys playing the attacking mid roles, he links up far better.

He is also a stronger finisher than Morelos.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love Alfie and he is a top notch striker, but I think Roofe might actually work better for us.

Last season not long after the livi 0-0 game, roofe started playing the number 9 role and iirc even when morelos was picked as well, roofe kept that position and morelos was played on the right hand side a few times, and we absolutely thumped teams, ross county away springs to mind

Having 2 strikers on the park also benefits when we do work it wide, tonight hagi done it for his goal, but too little times do our number tens go right into the box for crosses, but when morelos came on tonight both him and roofe burst their arse to get into the box for crosses

When Hagi and Aribo are not there, we don't have that particular attacking option for our midfield. I think it cost us in Malmö tie and against Dundee, unbalanced midfield without these two. They bring quality in the passing and in the link up play with the front three.  

Aribo is always fighting for the team and Hagi is so technically gifted.

I think Alfie has improved in terms of going out wide and causing issues for the central defenders being drawn out. Roofe has always been excellent as far as his movement off the ball is concerned.

We know this formation is based on a fluid front line and with roofe it seems to just click, I also thought Aribo had a decent game tonight with his link up play with roofe.

3 minutes ago, NL said:

When Hagi and Aribo are not there, we don't have that particular attacking option for our midfield. I think it cost us in Malmö tie and against Dundee, unbalanced midfield without these two. They bring quality in the passing and in the link up play with the front three.  

Aribo is always fighting for the team and Hagi is so technically gifted.

Aribo played against both but he was deployed as a sitting mid with 9 players in front of him each game, his best moments come when he's in the space between lines and gets to turn and take a man on, 

Hagi i think is going to become an undroppable talent for us, 

30 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmmm. I'm no a fan of Roofe up front in the lone striker role at all. Think him and Morelos work really well together when he's on the right and Morelos up top. 

Although I don't see why we don't try them up top together more often. With Morelos' physicality and Roofe's movement and, as you say, link up play it could be absolutely lethal. 

I think what was really good tonight was there was no right half and left half. 

Kamara played as the only pivot and shifted across left and right when necessary. It gaves us one more option further forward instead of sideways. Makes it much easier to be create and get out of the side to side funk.