Gta Trilogy - Definitive editions

Iakona

On 12/11/2021 at 15:40, Orangeclement said:

Played a bit of gta3 and vice city and the environment has been improved but the characters are ps2 level on gta3 and slightly better on vice city but still terrible 🤣. San Andreas looks slightly better again but not even. Ps4 level tbh. 

To be fair they were never intended to be full on remakes. Its just the original games but with some added polish. 

Visually, by today's standards its not impressive at all. However it's still a significant improvement over the ps2 versions. I think people are genuinely forgetting how bad the originals actually look... Especially when played on a modern TV. The improvements alongside the new controls are certainly enough to make these games playable again, which is truthfully all I really wanted. 

The only issues I have is the poor performance. The fps dips on "performance mode" on series x and ps5 and the pop in is pretty bad.

To be fair I haven't bought it, I'm just playing San Andreas on games pass so I don't feel robbed. Despite the performance issues I'm still having a blast but I would definitely recommend holding off for a deep discount.. I wouldn't say its worth 50 quid.

On 13/11/2021 at 23:25, Iakona said:

To be fair they were never intended to be full on remakes. Its just the original games but with some added polish. 

Visually, by today's standards its not impressive at all. However it's still a significant improvement over the ps2 versions. I think people are genuinely forgetting how bad the originals actually look... Especially when played on a modern TV. The improvements alongside the new controls are certainly enough to make these games playable again, which is truthfully all I really wanted. 

The only issues I have is the poor performance. The fps dips on "performance mode" on series x and ps5 and the pop in is pretty bad.

To be fair I haven't bought it, I'm just playing San Andreas on games pass so I don't feel robbed. Despite the performance issues I'm still having a blast but I would definitely recommend holding off for a deep discount.. I wouldn't say its worth 50 quid.

I thought this pre release tbf.

Aye they've put some work into it and redesigned some parts etc. And I absolutely would buy it for nostalgia but not at the price point of an AAA title. It needs to be around the 29.99 mark at release, with Xmas price drop to like 19.99 or something to be a good buy.

Still completing GTA 3 but the game crashes a lot so lose a lot of my stats, I.e hidden packages, rampages etc.

Autosaving after passing a mission is a relief at least. The mission check points sounded good at first but it just saves you driving back to the contact point more than anything.

• 1 month later...