Goldson

GOAT

7 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Don’t see Goldson ever getting a move to Liverpool tbh. That should tell you something…

So because he got a move to Liverpool he was a better player than Goldson? Is Danny Wilson a better player then? 
Was Charlie Adam a better football player than Steven Davis aswell?

Just now, WWTC said:

So because he got a move to Liverpool he was a better player than Goldson? Is Danny Wilson a better player then? 
Was Charlie Adam a better football player than Steven Davis aswell?

Who mentioned Wilson or Adam? Fact is no way is Goldson going to a top six club in England 

1 hour ago, mearns loyal said:

Gough

Butcher

Moore

Amoruso

Kyrgiakos

Cuellar

Bougherra

Weir

To name a few that in my opinion were all better and ultimately were all replaced.

He’s the best we’ve had for a period of time but in no way is he as irreplaceable as some folk seem to think…

All internationals, plenty costly to purchase, and played in great teams.

There's definitely better defenders in there but none that offer some of the things Goldson does - 50+ games season after season, and a pinpoint long ball that regularly creates one on one's. He's also playing with regularly changing partners.

We will replace him, but he's got qualities his replacement simply won't have.

Just now, mearns loyal said:

Who mentioned Wilson or Adam? Fact is no way is Goldson going to a top six club in England 

I did, as your suggesting Kyrgiakos must be better than Goldson because he played for Liverpool. Well so did the two mentioned. 

Liverpool finished 7th the season they signed him btw. 

And the fact is, as the previous poster pointed out, if you think he was a better player than Goldson you need your eyes tested. 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All internationals, plenty costly to purchase, and played in great teams.

There's definitely better defenders in there but none that offer some of the things Goldson does - 50+ games season after season, and a pinpoint long ball that regularly creates one on one's. He's also playing with regularly changing partners.

We will replace him, but he's got qualities his replacement simply won't have.

Agreed regarding his passing which has of late been spot on however, I’m sure that whoever comes in will have qualities that Goldson doesn’t. His concentration imo drifts during games (at one point today the ball ran under his foot fortunately no-one was behind him) which is one of the qualities that would inhibit a move to one of the top epl clubs

14 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I did, as your suggesting Kyrgiakos must be better than Goldson because he played for Liverpool. Well so did the two mentioned. 

And the fact is, as the previous poster pointed out, if you think he was a better player than Goldson you need your eyes tested. 

Better overall player, no, better defender, yes

Kyrgiakos played for a much weaker rangers team, against a much stronger tarrier team, he won more domestic honours and played at a higher level for us than goldson has, all in 3 years less than goldson has been at us

Goldson for all his positive aspects, has been part of a squad now thats crumbled under pressure of expectancy 3 times out of 4 now, that will put off a lot of teams perhaps

Or maybe he's just waiting for a certain team, fuck knows

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If he could, you'd think he would have got the move last summer given our domestic record, going into his final year, we'd probably not have been hard to deal with

We’ve no idea if thats the case, he was a mainstay in a league winning side trying to qualify for Europe. 

18 minutes ago, WWTC said:

image.gif.525efabc6be7aa55e5bf972a6e6c1127.giffuck all wrong with my eyes…

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

We’ve no idea if thats the case, he was a mainstay in a league winning side trying to qualify for Europe. 

Point is if goldson wants a move back down south as people are saying, then he'd have jumped at the chance of one if it was there last summer, and told the club he wanted out and wasn't signing a new deal

Just now, mearns loyal said:

Agreed regarding his passing which has of late been spot on however, I’m sure that whoever comes in will have qualities that Goldson doesn’t. His concentration imo drifts during games (at one point today the ball ran under his foot fortunately no-one was behind him) which is one of the qualities that would inhibit a move to one of the top epl clubs

If Harry McGuire is worth tens of millions, more due to nationality than ability, then Goldson could be too. Its his age that's against him more than ability in terms of a move to a big club imo.

That and the fact that nowadays the top 6 don't look for players who can ping passes like him as they play through the lines, and have huge squads so a 60 game a season player isn't as essential.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Point is if goldson wants a move back down south as people are saying, then he'd have jumped at the chance of one if it was there last summer, and told the club he wanted out and wasn't signing a new deal

Or he waits til this summer and he, not Rangers, get the signing on fee.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Better overall player, no, better defender, yes

Kyrgiakos played for a much weaker Rangers team, against a much stronger tarrier team, he won more domestic honours and played at a higher level for us than goldson has, all in 3 years less than goldson has been at us

Goldson for all his positive aspects, has been part of a squad now thats crumbled under pressure of expectancy 3 times out of 4 now, that will put off a lot of teams perhaps

Or maybe he's just waiting for a certain team, fuck knows

If we beat Hearts they’ll literally have won the same honours, and considering where we were when we signed Goldson and the tim team he was up against - i’d say it’s debatable we were worse or they were better when Kygriakos was around.

The squad crumbled, not just Goldson,  and he’s shown in Europe he can play at a higher level. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why would he have done that when he’s just won the league and has a crack at Champions League qualification under the management that signed him? We might have kb’d offers.
He can leave for free this summer and receive a hefty signing on fee also. 

34 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Or he waits til this summer and he, not Rangers, get the signing on fee.

Big chance he takes though, if he had a move on the table last summer i think he takes it and forces us to take it

But as ive said, i dobt think we had any bids last summer for any of our players

28 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Why would he have done that when he’s just won the league and has a crack at Champions League qualification under the management that signed him? We might have kb’d offers.
He can leave for free this summer and receive a hefty signing on fee also. 

Instead he is going to leave when we could have another crack at the CL 

33 minutes ago, WWTC said:

If we beat Hearts they’ll literally have won the same honours, and considering where we were when we signed Goldson and the tim team he was up against - i’d say it’s debatable we were worse or they were better when Kygriakos was around.

The squad crumbled, not just Goldson,  and he’s shown in Europe he can play at a higher level. 

If we beat hearts, and then goldson will have had 4 years to kyrgiakos 18 months, 

In they 4 years goldson has been part of a squad thats lost to sheep twice, hearts, st mirren, tarriers, hibs, and st johnstone in cups

Goldson was one of the people that crumbled, 

26 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

😂 fucking hell man. What a shocking argument. 

Not an argument tbh. Krygiakos who you don’t rate played for one of the top six English clubs and, I would argue, probably at a higher level for the majority of his career than, in my opinion, Goldson ever will. AEK Wolfsburg and Frankfurt being some of them. Throw in over 50 international caps and it’s difficult (imo) to put Goldson in the same bracket…

9 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Not an argument tbh. Krygiakos who you don’t rate played for one of the top six English clubs and, I would argue, probably at a higher level for the majority of his career than, in my opinion, Goldson ever will. AEK Wolfsburg and Frankfurt being some of them. Throw in over 50 international caps and it’s difficult (imo) to put Goldson in the same bracket…

I don’t really care what players do when they don’t play for Rangers. And Goldson is and will go down as a much better player than Krygiakos. 

The SPL doesn’t get as much attention and it’s assumed that players are of a lower quality or play well because it’s an easier league

if an EPL top 6 club saw past the above and judged his record objectively they would be interested.