Differences tonight

Born Sinner

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

At 2-0 the obvious sub for me was Jack. GVB brought on Arfield which suggests he wanted a third goal rather than try to play the game out. 

Thought Arfield was good when he came on. Tried to get the whole team pressing again when we were sitting off too much.

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

At 2-0 the obvious sub for me was Jack. GVB brought on Arfield which suggests he wanted a third goal rather than try to play the game out. 

If we brought Jack on he would have just say deep and invited even more pressure on to us. I think it was more to do with Arfield being willing to graft and press that little bit further up the field as opposed to us looking for a third goal.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

If we brought Jack on he would have just say deep and invited even more pressure on to us. I think it was more to do with Arfield being willing to graft and press that little bit further up the field as opposed to us looking for a third goal.

I agree. That was a big difference. Gerrard would have brought on Jack.

In saying that, he brought on Lundstram before Jack which was strange.

56 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

How many players do you think the opposition are going to counter us with? :lol: 

Would u go to parkhead early next year and play with 2 in Central midfield? 

I appreciate its gonna take time btw I just think it will leave us exposed. 

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Would u go to parkhead early next year and play with 2 in Central midfield? 

I appreciate its gonna take time btw I just think it will leave us exposed. 

Haven't got a clue how I'd line up for a game in over a month. 6 players back isn't leaving us exposed it's crazy to say otherwise.

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Davis and Kamara where the only real players in that area sitting behind the ball.  not overly concerned as its only been a few days but going into our run of games until the break. I don't want us been over run

For how long have we all been moaning about playing too many holding midfielders? How many chances did we create last night compared to previous games? I know we squandered chances but playing like that against spfl teams, who will sit back more, is needed to break them down.