Jermain Defoe no longer part of coaching staff.

CR3

Maybe a season too far with us for JD and the coaching thing put him in an awkward situation when SG left. He has never let us down and I am sure he would have wanted to play more this season. I think GVB has made it clear that he will be used as a player for the rest of the season and I think we might need him.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Because he has no experience as a coach, has only just really started doing his badges and was nowhere near being the best candidate as an addition to the first-team coaching staff. If Defoe wants to pick up experience then great. He can coach in the Academy instead and learn his job.

This

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Because he has no experience as a coach, has only just really started doing his badges and was nowhere near being the best candidate as an addition to the first-team coaching staff. If Defoe wants to pick up experience then great. He can coach in the Academy instead and learn his job.

The most experienced candidate isn’t always what is needed. Sometimes as a manager it’s better to bring in someone with less experience and mould them into what you’re looking for. 

Assumed it was just an apprenticeship style role for him, where he learned while still being a player before retirement. 

What was the deal with him doing punditry down south during our games? Seemed very bizarre.