Formula 1 22/23

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Anyone see Russell's crash and him going daft on Comms asking for a red flag? There was two laps left ffs.

he was asking for a red flag because if anyone came round that corner full speed he was getting either badly hurt or killed.

27 minutes ago, ExiledWeegie123 said:

he was asking for a red flag because if anyone came round that corner full speed he was getting either badly hurt or killed.

Was never getting a red flag with two laps to go. 

He tried to save his position if the race ended on red flag.

That's why he got angry asking why the red wasn't given, VSC went straight out.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Was never getting a red flag with two laps to go. 

He tried to save his position if the race ended on red flag.

That's why he got angry asking why the red wasn't given, VSC went straight out.

That wouldnt have happened though , same race last year had 3 red flags and still was completed 

He was stranded on the middle of the track. Any driver is asking for help there, it's a terrifying situation and you hear panic in his voice.

Back when I raced, I did have an accident because of it once. Coming into the chicane at Knockhill, you commit to the corner, but it is a blind exit. The car 3-4 seconds ahead had spun on exit and was stranded. I've came in there at qualifying speed and seen it while turning right over the crest.. Well.... Straighten, avoid and hope for the best (I hit the tyre wall.... But the gravel did it's job - minor impact). It was terrifying as you're looking at t-boning a car at about 80mph.

When you are at the limit of grip on a corner there isn't much you can do, you don't have any grip to play with in order to brake or swerve. Brake you'll lose the back end, swerve you'll understeer.

10 hours ago, Badger said:

He was stranded on the middle of the track. Any driver is asking for help there, it's a terrifying situation and you hear panic in his voice.

Back when I raced, I did have an accident because of it once. Coming into the chicane at Knockhill, you commit to the corner, but it is a blind exit. The car 3-4 seconds ahead had spun on exit and was stranded. I've came in there at qualifying speed and seen it while turning right over the crest.. Well.... Straighten, avoid and hope for the best (I hit the tyre wall.... But the gravel did it's job - minor impact). It was terrifying as you're looking at t-boning a car at about 80mph.

When you are at the limit of grip on a corner there isn't much you can do, you don't have any grip to play with in order to brake or swerve. Brake you'll lose the back end, swerve you'll understeer.

I get he was scared, he was blind in the middle of the track effectively.

If you listen to comms, he says red red red, and you can hear the reply that the VSC went out, and he's still asking for red, why no red flag, ffs guys come on, saying this is taking too long.

Was pretty well handled to be fair, everything was slow by the time any car was near him, directions given out to who was around him and near, that he was safe to exit etc.

Perhaps saying he was trying to save the position is unfair, but I think he overreacted a bit after being told VSC was on.