Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

15 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Left us sitting four points clear at the top of a league that we were current and defending champions of.

People can bring up the “how long did Gerrard get” patter all they want, but at the end of the day Gio didn’t inherit a squad, team or club that was anywhere close to the mess that it was in when Gerrard took over so it’s completely different circumstances to compare.

Gio is not being helped by certain players, or by Ross Wilson constantly missing in the transfer market, but he’s also making plenty of mistakes, that are his own doing, which are going to ultimately make people question his suitability for the job.

And it should’ve been double figures. Tarriers lost 3 games before he fucked off not even including games they drew. 

He never inherited a shambles of a group, just a group of absolute losers that always have and always will chuck it under any sort of pressure.

Its unreal the lengths cunts go to defend Gio. Like @The Godfather said, always someone elses fault. He is the one who has failed to improve the players in that squad. He is the one that can't set up a team to be defensively solid or fluid offensively. He is the one that can't organise a team at set pieces for shit, at both ends of the pitch. He is the one that makes an utter shambles of substitutes week in week out. He is the one making the same mistakes over and over. He is the one that set us up for humiliation against our rivals, literally months after it happening the first time. 

What are people seeing in the guy that I'm not. The one thing he gave us was European performances and even then I wasn't convinced by that because those performances came at Ibrox and the fans absolutely carried the team to that final, not Gio. Now those performances clearly are gone as well, he gives us absolutely nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Its unreal the lengths cunts go to defend Gio. Like @The Godfather said, always someone elses fault. He is the one who has failed to improve the players in that squad. He is the one that can't set up a team to be defensively solid or fluid offensively. He is the one that can't organise a team at set pieces for shit, at both ends of the pitch. He is the one that makes an utter shambles of substitutes week in week out. He is the one making the same mistakes over and over. He is the one that set us up for humiliation against our rivals, literally months after it happening the first time. 

What are people seeing in the guy that I'm not. The one thing he gave us was European performances and even then I wasn't convinced by that because those performances came at Ibrox and the fans absolutely carried the team to that final, not Gio. Now those performances clearly are gone as well, he gives us absolutely nothing. 

So, you’re a hypocrite then? 

He gave us a trophy and a European final with a group of players that chucked it. He’s got a group of players that chuck it every fucking season.

When he leaves the same losers let us down, then you’ll notice he’s not the problem.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He gave us a trophy and a European final with a group of players that chucked it. He’s got a group of players that chuck it every fucking season.

When he leaves the same losers let us down, then you’ll notice he’s not the problem.

Why is he handing out new contracts to them left, right and centre then? 

We’ve given out five new deals since the end of last season, and until a fortnight ago, we were trying to renew two more as well.

I get that it’s not purely his decision because he works under a DOF (who absolutely needs to go befor eGio does BTW) but ultimately he’s played a part in sanctioning new deals for a pretty big number of these serial losers.

14 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

*bassey and the support(correction) morelos too at times, dragged us.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

We’ve given out five new deals since the end of last season, and until a fortnight ago, we were trying to renew two more as well.

I get that it’s not purely his decision because he works under a DOF (who absolutely needs to go befor eGio does BTW) but ultimately he’s played a part in sanctioning new deals for a pretty big number of these serial losers.

Mcgregor, davis and arfield who imo should be our vice captain still has it.

Goldsons career and form over 4 years shows hes a serial loser, nor is he ready for us playing at CL level. Letfing hin run his contract down and right till the last day allow hin to resign cause no one else wanres him should be sackable offence.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t know, I was fuming at the three big renewals. Particularly McGregor’s considering it makes absolutely zero sense in any way. I’ve questioned a few signings, I’ve questioned pretty much every single line up, and most of his subs probably.

I get that he carries the can for the results but let’s be honest, we were embarrassed by the Tarriers, and every goal is down to players being morons, not tactics, and dropped points due to Morelos and a mongo ref fucking us.

The club is rotten from top to bottom, and he should be the last one forced out.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Its always someone else's fault other than GVB with some posters on here.

Quite worrying really given its his team and has them playing some of the worst football we have seen since Murty and Pedro.

I've been "guilty" of defending Gio plenty and there's still elements I'd defend him on.

However, if he still wants to pick these players who time and time again have let us down then it's on his head. There is also an argument to be made that these players dont care because of him - though I do think the likes of Kent and Goldson have been here too long.

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You can't even answer my question earlier. Your problem- You can't see the Forest for the trees :sarcasm:

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I don’t know, I was fuming at the three big renewals. Particularly McGregor’s considering it makes absolutely zero sense in any way. I’ve questioned a few signings, I’ve questioned pretty much every single line up, and most of his subs probably.

I get that he carries the can for the results but let’s be honest, we were embarrassed by the Tarriers, and every goal is down to players being morons, not tactics, and dropped points due to Morelos and a mongo ref fucking us.

The club is rotten from top to bottom, and he should be the last one forced out.

Definitely bigger problems than Gio at the club right now, but unfortunately it will be him that carries the can. 

6 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Mcgregor, davis and arfield who imo should be our vice captain still has it.

Goldsons career and form over 4 years shows hes a serial loser, nor is he ready for us playing at CL level. Letfing hin run his contract down and right till the last day allow hin to resign cause no one else wanres him should be sackable offence.

I'm sorry mate, but none of those 3 in your first paragraph can give us what we need on the field now. 

All heroes in their time, but we have to move on  :thumbup:

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

3612B753-DA5C-4F61-8D1B-66229784F16C.png

And your point is what? Where are the fucking results 4-0, 4-0 last two games. 5 points behind in the league already. You're in for a rude awakening if you think things are going to get better. 

And that I hate to say, but give yourself a shake! 

13 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I'm sorry mate, but none of those 3 in your first paragraph can give us what we need on the field now. 

All heroes in their time, but we have to move on  :thumbup:

Move on from winning things ?

2 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

Move on from winning things ?

Is that what I said. You know what I mean, so don't twist my words like that wank! 

To progress, sometimes you have to move forward. That goes for any business, not just football- which incase you've not noticed is more a business now, than a sport. 

14 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

And your point is what? Where are the fucking results 4-0, 4-0 last two games. 5 points behind in the league already. You're in for a rude awakening if you think things are going to get better. 

And that I hate to say, but give yourself a shake! 

My point in nobody actually cares how we play, fairly obvious no? 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My point in nobody actually cares how we play, fairly obvious no? 

Great concept. So we play shite, get beat. 

Oh, sorry we can play shite like Livi, win one nil sometimes.

Gimme peace mate, you just argue wae people on here for the sake of it. You probably don't even believe hauf the pish you come out with :lol:

Just now, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Great concept. So we play shite, get beat. 

Oh, sorry we can play shite like Livi, win one nil sometimes.

Gimme peace mate, you just argue wae people on here for the sake of it. You probably don't even believe hauf the push you come out with :lol:

:lol:, results are all that matters. 

There wasny comment after comment about our turgid, shite, boring play while we were winning was there?

4 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

so how long do we give guys who are getting too old for the game because they have won medals

in fact with that attitude no player is at fault because we won a cup last year

If you want to play a high press/or just pressing opposition players then we need younger fitter players that are committed to the cause. 

That said, we need a manager that wants to play that way also, rather than all the lethargic shit we've being dishing up :sad:

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol:, results are all that matters. 

There wasny comment after comment about our turgid, shite, boring play while we were winning was there?

I think I stated previously we/Gio done well in Europe, but papering over the cracks of letting they cunts win the league last year, and favourites this year. What part of that aren't you getting?