Gerrard on Soccer Am

Rlm

On 22/04/2022 at 07:17, Vanoli said:

“Should I have gone up to one of them instead of America”

Tells you all you need to know about the man 

And since Rangers were in a lower division in the 2015 season, he means he should have gone to play for them. 

And also later compares that idea to playing for an English Championship team. 

English pundits don't half like to talk about Scottish football like it's Real Kashmir.

Anyway, it's the "El Rattico" at 3pm today.

On 22/04/2022 at 05:15, MacBoyd said:

More clear than ever he never got Rangers the way we thought it did. To continually day their name first, when they probably didn't need mentioned, to romance about playing for them, he was here long enough to know that's not something you should do. 

Loved him but agree with that.

Saying their name first is just bizarre even from a PR point of view for him.

Don't mind him saying he should have gone to us or them instead of America reflecting back to the time when he had no loyalties to either, if he then qualified it by saying something like 'obviously now I'd have hoped it was Rangers'.

On 23/04/2022 at 09:36, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Loved him but agree with that.

Saying their name first is just bizarre even from a PR point of view for him.

Don't mind him saying he should have gone to us or them instead of America reflecting back to the time when he had no loyalties to either, if he then qualified it by saying something like 'obviously now I'd have hoped it was Rangers'.

Never took,to him as he was a well know Tim,   Glad he left when he did as the team were going backwards,   Take Gio over Gerrard anyday.  

He should have stopped 9 end off as they were pish,

Gio has had to pick up a squad going backwards and now we are 2 games from a European final, Gerrard would have lost the league and we would have been out of Europe long ago 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Never took,to him as he was a well know Tim,   Glad he left when he did as the team were going backwards,   Take Gio over Gerrard anyday.  

He should have stopped 9 end off as they were pish,

Gio has had to pick up a squad going backwards and now we are 2 games from a European final, Gerrard would have lost the league and we would have been out of Europe long ago 

Not sure I agree with any of that other than he definitely should have stopped 9.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not sure I agree with any of that other than he definitely should have stopped 9.

What part don't you agree with?   He's a Catholic with a daughter called Lourdes ffs,  and look at Villa, 1 pt out the last 15,  never wanted him but got behind him anyway, he spent a small fortune and left because the coffers where empty,

We were only top because they were rotten early on. look at the 1st game of the season over them, their was nothing in it and Helander scored from a corner,  was not impressed but took the 3pts anyway.

Gerrard had no plan B