Jimmy Bell - Rangers Hall of Fame

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Tiny is another who would be a shoo-in. I might actually float the idea in an article tomorrow. Same with the fella who was at the front door for YEARS and name escapes me just now 

Tiny was a Legend when I was there and you never messed with her.

I would support a Hall of Fame category for those who have contributed to the club in a non playing sense.

The Managers speak for themselves, but there are many names of long term servants who have been the very fabric of the club. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Stan Holloway. Thats the one!

My missus is a carer with the cooncil and she used to go to a wee woman whose brother was the door commisioner at Ibrox for many years and she actually gave me his club pin badge which was part of his uniform.

Think it may have been before Stans time.

Still have the badge lying around somewhere in the house.

6 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

My missus is a carer with the cooncil and she used to go to a wee woman whose brother was the door commisioner at Ibrox for many years and she actually gave me his club pin badge which was part of his uniform.

It's moments like that, sad as the moment is just now with us mourning a fellow bear, that make you realise that even though football is a multi-million pound business, it's still about community on a local level, and people.

Ibrox and the people who work there have made me feel like an old pal every time I've been there. It and in here (even though we are generally faceless on here), make me feel part of a community, shared by our love of a football club. 

Magic!

4 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

I shit you not my missus just got a phone call

That wee woman died 2 days ago.

Eerie that i posted this only a few hours ago 

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely agree. Some absolute giants of the club missing out on a rightful place. Mad when you think the likes of Jock Wallace, Walter, Scot Symon and Struth aren't 'acknowledged' but Jig and Ray Wilkins are. 

Certainly something to be looked at. 

Didn’t realise it was players only. Appreciate some are acknowledged in other ways with stand naming etc, but be nice to honour the real pillars of Rangers history from a non-playing perspective. 

19 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Absolute pillar, much like Walter Smith.

The world has changed and people’s associations with football clubs has changed to the point that we are very unlikely to ever see people with both the commitment to the club and the level of service that those two people gave to the club again.

Ally McCoist is another one who falls into that category too. A combined 23 years of service to the club as a player, coach and manager and holds a goal scoring record that will probably never be beaten for a long time. You don’t see that sort of loyalty anymore and yet you still see a section of braindead, deluded supporter who talk varying degrees of shit about him.

It’s a phrase I don’t want to use because it seems insensitive, especially at the moment, but they are a dying breed and we should treasure them while they are here because what they did for the club will not be replicated because football has changed too much.

I don’t think anyone ever criticises his footballing contribution.

Not the time or the place, but there are other issues that he deserves some flak for.