Katic

RFC55

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I usually think your opinion is spot on, but that’s a fucking awful shout mate :lol: 

Who would you have ahead of him? Ben Davies maybe. But not Sands or King. And is it even worth counting Souttar & Helander who are non entities and have been for months now. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I usually think your opinion is spot on, but that’s a fucking awful shout mate :lol: 

How? He's genuinely not wrong. Katic offered way more than Sands or King currently do, and contributed with goals from set pieces.

There's nothing right now about Sands or King that say they're any better than Katic.

Balogun better than them too.

I'd also go on to add he's better than Souttar and Davies, because he can actually play games 🙂

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Did you just ignore the two goals I included before that? 

See if one of gerrard or GVB didn’t play him you could argue his cause but both dropped him, he is and was shite.

the day he scored the winner his brother was on my bus and we stood in a boozer watching, I hope his brother still owes for a gram :lol:

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Who would you have ahead of him? Ben Davies maybe. But not Sands or King. And is it even worth counting Souttar & Helander who are non entities and have been for months now. 

On the basis of fitness he’d be last. I’d take King as well.

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

How? He's genuinely not wrong. Katic offered way more than Sands or King currently do, and contributed with goals from set pieces.

There's nothing right now about Sands or King that say they're any better than Katic.

Balogun better than them too.

I'd also go on to add he's better than Souttar and Davies, because he can actually play games 🙂

King’s better, Souttar’s better, Helander’s better, Davies’ better.

There’s a reason two managers chose not to play him consistently, oh and while we’re at it, Joe Worrall is also better.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

On the basis of fitness he’d be last. I’d take King as well.

King’s better, Souttar’s better, Helander’s better, Davies’ better.

There’s a reason two managers chose not to play him consistently, oh and while we’re at it, Joe Worrall is also better.

King and Sands between them this season have cost more goals than Katic ever did, and he scored more than the two ever did as well.

I don't know what Gerrard's issue with Katic was, there was early murmurs of attitude issues, ego problems where Katic thought he should always play, don't know if that was ever confirmed as the case though. 

Lads flying now that he's getting to be first pick, though he was never displacing Helander (never lost a game his first season) here.

Shame Helander has a rare freak injury and likely won't play football again for at least a year.

2 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Releasing him and Balogun and deciding to sign permanently injured players instead, somehow wasn't a masterstroke of genius.

Who'd have thought?!

What are you on? You realise Katic was nearly always injured with us and Balogun was injured at times too.

Just now, JackAlex93 said:

Correct.

Balogun was a bombscare.

We have some amount of revisionists in our support regarding these players. With hindsight because of our ridiculous injury list this season there is maybe a case for keeping Balogun, but there is absolutely no case for keeping Katic.

Before a ball was kicked this season and the injuries mounted the majority were rightfully fine with both Katic and Balogun going 

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Including another player isn’t an individual mistake.

And even if you think he cost us 2 goals I’d hardly describe that as being shite

I think he cost us more, as I said, I’ve pointed out numerous over the years 

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

Would have had him over Davies tbh.  

No

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You’re bang on saying he was average. But people are turning being average into being shite in which he clearly wasnt

No, he was just average. Average is not good enough though and it’s only our current injury list that is leading to people pretending he was some sort of answer to our problems