Katic

RFC55

Wish the big dude all the best. Clearly loved it here and I personally thought he was a solid enough defender. Certainly did more good than bad as I recall. Was surprised he didn't get a run in the team when he came back from loan, but then again the management team sees the squad in training every day, and know better than us punters about who the best pick for the team is.

51 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s odd how some can’t wait to stick the boot in. Folk desperate to seem edgy.

He came in at a young age, played really well at some key points, but ultimately as the club grew he wasn’t good enough (coupled with a terrible injury). Moving on and speaking well about us. 

Why cunts can’t just say ‘wish him all the best’ I’ll never know. 

“I couldny gee a fuck” oh aren’t you cool.

Worse behaviour than that tarrier inbred shite we are playing the morra imo

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

He played about 25 times for Hajduk.

Only due to injuries. Had a chat with my wife's cousin who's a massive Hajduk fan when in Croatia last month, he said he was 3rd choice when the squads fit due to mistakes that cost them points. He actually said some of them cost them the title. He was offered to Hajduk for €1.5 million but they declined. 

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely. There are plenty of cunty ex-Gers that don't get the 'once a Ranger' treatment. :lol:

Aye but he isn’t a cunty one is he? 

I like Katic, I like how he took the club to heart and I like players who wear it on their sleeve. I was truly rooting for him to come good but it just wasn’t to be. I didn’t think he was a bad player and certainly in my opinion was better than Simpson and some of the other shots we have had at CH. football is football and sometimes it doesn’t work out but I am sorry that is the case here. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Have you forgotten the RM diktat “Katic is shite” which can’t be contradicted?

I don’t know if we’d still have still have conceded so many goals but, with three centre backs unavailable, we really didn’t help ourselves treating Katic as we did.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I don’t know if we’d still have still have conceded so many goals but, with three centre backs unavailable, we really didn’t help ourselves treating Katic as we did.

He’s shite sorry to burst your bubble but he’s shite 

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I'm not commenting on whether he was good enough or not, I'm just posting a tweet to his latest comments on how he feels he was treated.

He's entitled to his opinion.

He's right in a lot of that. He's wrong that he would be the solution. Not convinced he was badly treated either. A manager can make a call that he's not good enough without putting him in the team to prove it. In fact, you'd hope he'd do that. Looks like Gio's just been honest with him.

Not playing an ineffective zonal marking system would be a much better solution to set pieces than keeping a poor defender, though.

Why do some folk think the solution to being poor defensively is to bring in a defender that's shown us repeatedly that he's not very good?