*****Official Rangers vs Livingston match thread*****

.Williamson.

36 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

Unfit players are far more likely to pick up injuries.

Strain and pulls can be down to training and poor, or complete lack of game management.

Knocks are knocks, they’re part and parcel of the game. As are knee and ankle injuries unfortunately.

I cannot remember where i read/saw it. I think it was an interview with arfield at the start of the pre season where he said a lot more of the training is with the ball compared to the previous regime which focused heavily on fitness work. You would have thought our passing would have been shit hot if thats the case.

10 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

I cannot remember where i read/saw it. I think it was an interview with arfield at the start of the pre season where he said a lot more of the training is with the ball compared to the previous regime which focused heavily on fitness work. You would have thought our passing would have been shit hot if thats the case.

Somehow got less fit and shite at passing…

4 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Well sorry but I have never seen a player there who doesn't consistently shite out of 50/50 challenges and disappears from games when the going gets tough. 

He has had an OK career with some great performances in there but he isnt a world beater like some on here make him out to be. 

2 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

why for expressing my opinion? 

Shock horror fans have differing opinions of a player. I couldnt give a shit if my opinion isnt the popular one. This is forum to express opinions not a popularity contest

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Look im not really wanting to extend this out. I know my views on Davis arent shared with a lot of supporters on here and thats fine. I pointed out at the start of this season the contracts to him, shagger and arfield spelled trouble in terms of investment and moving forward as a club 

Im not even going to entertain the NI caps argument as that is a whole different can of worms and dont want to be disrespectful. 

I will finish by saying I liked Davis in his first stint with the club and rated him, the second stint he started well and has now regressed (age gets us all) its in no way his fault he was offered a new contract however noone can tell me he contributes anywhere near enough to be described as good value player - the fact he is choosing to still turn out for NI when he cant nail down a position in as poor a Rangers midfield ive seen says it all for me.

You're all over the place here 

53 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Serious questions need to be asked of our fitness regime/medical team. We haven’t got through a game in close to 10 games without an injury, it’s ridiculous

Comes with the territory with our phenomenal work rate tbf

52 minutes ago, Swagger said:

GVB saying Lawrence a miss but was there any further timescales or updates on the injury ? 
A player we really need back 

Last we heard he was looking to be fit for the Hearts game but it might come too soon...

3 weeks later and still nothing lol waiting for the inevitable we'll see him after the World Cup!

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

You're all over the place here 

No Im not

I think Im pretty clear that i think he is a fairly average footballer who has put in some big performances for us (most of which are many moons ago) but often disappears and shites out of challenges.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Youhave hated him for years

Again hate is a strong word.

But yes i can confirm shock horror its a been a few seasons I think he has been well past his best. But hey if you enjoy slow football with a midfielder taking 3-4 touches then passing back the way then Davis is your man. Again just my opinion so unsure why you are getting so upset. Move on 

7 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

No Im not

I think Im pretty clear that i think he is a fairly average footballer who has put in some big performances for us (most of which are many moons ago) but often disappears and shites out of challenges.

You really are , you've gone from he's always been shite and you never seen anything in him , too I actually rated him first time around 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Also, Davis was part of a very competitive NI squad that actually made the Euros a few years back, so I’d be interested to know how someone was planning on being possibly disrespectful towards his NI career 

I think I've upset enough folk about Davis so am not biting, also not derailing the matchday thread any further. I do hope he isnt starting though :pipe:

Think its definitely time to give McCorie a chance what with McGregor having a howler against Motherwell and McLaughlin being generally hopeless. Haven’t seen enough of young McCann to guage whether or not he is deserving of a start. Hopefully the good lord looks down on us favourably and we have a comfortable win and a clean sheet.

3 minutes ago, Vlad1 said:

Think its definitely time to give McCorie a chance what with McGregor having a howler against Motherwell and McLaughlin being generally hopeless. Haven’t seen enough of young McCann to guage whether or not he is deserving of a start. Hopefully the good lord looks down on us favourably and we have a comfortable win and a clean sheet.

VAR?

1 minute ago, Vlad1 said:

Its going to be a tough call on all fronts. 

How many players can say they have nailed down a position as their own this season? Colak is the only one that instantly comes to mind. It comes down to how brave is the manager to take risks, will he send out the same lineups and if it fails incur the wrath of the fans if its another shitfest of a performance or does he roll the dice and give some of the youth a chance? Again if we fail to perform he will get criticised. I think goalkeeper whilst an issue isnt the most pressing, its middle to front. Our midfield has been hopeless regardless on who he selects and two of our front three usually dont turn up.

I just watched GVBs interview which was strangely upbeat.

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

VAR?

That will make no difference at all when the people in charge of using the VAR system are incompetent or corrupt. The only way I’d trust VAR is if the game was viewed from UEFA’s offices and not through the SFA.

2 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Its going to be a tough call on all fronts. 

How many players can say they have nailed down a position as their own this season? Colak is the only one that instantly comes to mind. It comes down to how brave is the manager to take risks, will he send out the same lineups and if it fails incur the wrath of the fans if its another shitfest of a performance or does he roll the dice and give some of the youth a chance? Again if we fail to perform he will get criticised. I think goalkeeper whilst an issue isnt the most pressing, its middle to front. Our midfield has been hopeless regardless on who he selects and two of our front three usually dont turn up.

I just watched GVBs interview which was strangely upbeat.

Goalkeeper is definitely a position that needs strengthened come January. Although I feel like Gio will never take a risk and play McCrorie incase it backfires.