Currie club with mick beale on success at Rangers

KingKirk

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

There is no circles to go around, just acknowledge that it was in no way shape or form good enough and that's that.

The cup record wasn’t good enough however we won the trophy that mattered most and performed well in Europe restoring our reputation and raising finances, do you not agree?

4 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

I'll walk you through it and keep it simple for you. Despite All the shite Rangers lost the league by ONE old firm game, based on Gerrards old firm record overall and NINE games undefeated Beale is entitled to say he thinks we'd have won the league. You may have other agendas and you may not agree with his assertion but my only point is that Beale was entitled to his claim. My own point of view if you're even remotely interested is that Gerrard would have scraped us over the line had he stayed with probably at least one of old firm Victories being enough. 

It’s seven, not nine.

My point of view is previous seasons mean fuck all because Celtic were better last season than any previous season Gerrard played them, and who’s to say that Gerrard doesn’t drop more points like he was doing anyway? 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s seven, not nine.

My point of view is previous seasons mean fuck all because celtic were better last season than any previous season Gerrard played them, and who’s to say that Gerrard doesn’t drop more points like he was doing anyway? 

Do you not think Rogers celtic team were better than what they have just now and with Gerrard at the helm we got the better of them eventually. 

8 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Do you not think Rogers celtic team were better than what they have just now and with Gerrard at the helm we got the better of them eventually. 

Player for player they were better but this team are winning just as much as Rodgers team did.

12 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

The cup record wasn’t good enough however we won the trophy that mattered most and performed well in Europe restoring our reputation and raising finances, do you not agree?

I agree on Europe, preferably I'd have rather we didn't completely capitulate after the winter break in 2019-20 than waiting another year for the league.

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I agree on Europe, preferably I'd have rather we didn't completely capitulate after the winter break in 2019-20 than waiting another year for the league.

We all would have but that's why we identified we needed more firepower and brought in Itten and Roofe. 

2 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

We all would have but that's why we identified we needed more firepower and brought in Itten and Roofe. 

I don't think we'd have brought in both if we weren't convinced Alfie was offski but for whatever reason it just never happened.

Worked out well for us in 2020-21 but I don't think it was by design.

7 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I don't think we'd have brought in both if we weren't convinced Alfie was offski but for whatever reason it just never happened.

Worked out well for us in 2020-21 but I don't think it was by design.

I think it was identified that we were too reliant on Morelos and that's why both were signed I don't think it was because they thought Morelos could be away.

Just now, Kylegib said:

I think it was identified that we were too reliant on Morelos and that's why both were signed I don't think it was because they thought Morelos could be away.

I think Gerrard was finished with Morelos after what happened before Tynecastle and then Covid happened and no-one was spending the kind of money anyone was hoping for.

34 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No

Rogers team were better than Ange team, fact. Have a close look at tims v St Johnstone, Hertz, Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Ross County ,all tight and a few LATE winners. Credit that they've picked up points but very lucky on several occasions and just as bad as Rogers in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think Gerrard was finished with Morelos after what happened before Tynecastle and then Covid happened and no-one was spending the kind of money anyone was hoping for.

You could be right as I remember Gerrard calling out Morelos a couple of times particularly on disciplinary issues.

3 hours ago, RDB14 said:

I think people forget how poor we were when Gerrard took over.  We went from being an absolute shambles to the Champions that stopped 10IAR and were highly respectable in Europe.  The squad that got to the Europa final was completely built by Gerrard.

Good luck with that opinion and I agree  m8 but all the usual suspects will be along shortly to pick holes in your claim and go on about Malmo and his cup record etc.