Dimitris Kourbelis - Panathinaikos

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Not saying this guy is the answer, but some people just seem to want us to play FIFA football. We absolutely need at least one player who’s a defensively minded midfielder, not just for certain situations domestically, but also for Europe too.

Of course, we do. I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise. But as it stands, we have loads and I don't expect a lot of offers to take them off our hands.

6 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

1 trophy in his career. 30 next season. 

About as inspiring as my dog shitting over my carpet this morning.

How many players in their early to mid twenties, who would improve us, with multiple trophies do you think we could afford to sign?

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

How many players in their early to mid twenties, who would improve us, with multiple trophies do you think we could afford to sign?

That's the issue here. Sign experienced players who know what it takes to compete for and win trophies. Or sign young players that are hungry to. This is neither. 

2 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

That's the issue here. Sign experienced players who know what it takes to compete for and win for trophies. Or sign young players that are hungry to. This is neither. 

He's currently captain of the team top of the Greek league.

32 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Why? Not every signing is going to be some 21-22 year old. 

Nobody is saying every signing should be and I agree with the sentiment that we need a bit of experience.

But .. He's 30 in a few months with little to no sell on value. He's coming off the back of a major injury befitting of our treatment room. He plays an where were already quite bloated. Spent his whole playing career in Greece. Even looking at his stats his average rating in games isn't great between 5 and 7.

Just my opinion but. I know nothing about him and just going by what I'm reading.

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Nobody is saying every signing should be and I agree with the sentiment that we need a bit of experience.

But .. He's 30 in a few months with little to no sell on value. He's coming off the back of a major injury befitting of our treatment room. He plays an where were already quite bloated. Spent his whole playing career in Greece. Even looking at his stats his average rating in games isn't great between 5 and 7.

Just my opinion but. I know nothing about him and just going by what I'm reading.

Davis and Kamara will be gone and there are massive question marks over Jack and Lundstram going forward so I don't see how we are going to be bloated in that area.

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He has had one bad injury his whole career which and seems fine this season. No sell on value? If we sign everyone with that then we'll have a team full of 23 year olds. If we want to win leagues we also need guys who are also going to come in and for this to be the pinnacle of their career. I'd be having a guy like him come in for every two guys like Raskin/Cantwell.

If he comes in on a free does well for 3 years then goes on a free then it's well worth it. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Davis and Kamara will be gone and there are massive question marks over Jack and Lundstram going forward so I don't see how we are going to be bloated in that area.

Davis will. No guarantee Kamara will. Lundstrum will almost certainly be here. And Jack likely will for the Scottish quota. 

Even if they do leave and he for some reason wants another cdm. It doesn’t have to be a guy that has averaged 1 goal and assist for the last 8 years by the looks of it. We can look for a cdm that at least looks like he can pass forward or shoot.

Doesn’t look like he’s of the pedigree that he’s going to be a class above the guys we have. 

Could also be young and at least have the potential for us to make some money down the line.

Or even could be another Scottish player. As for experience we have plenty of old heads already. 

Just very very meh. 

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Worth noting one of they positions will likely be filled with Raskin. I'm also worried Kamara could still be here and we could be left with Lundstram Jack and Kamara in there. 

I'm not against someone coming in to take the other spot but I think there could be better options than this guy for the reasons I listed.

6 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

29 year old defensive midfielder and current Panathinaikos captain. Out of contract in the Summer.

Apparently us and celtic both watched him at the weekend in the Athens derby.

Somebody else can find and post the obligatory video.

"If" the Scottish midfielder will not renew his contract. 

Cheerio to him then, spent more time on the treatment table in his Rangers career. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Davis will. No guarantee Kamara will. Lundstrum will almost certainly be here. And Jack likely will for the Scottish quota. 

Even if they do leave and he for some reason wants another cdm. It doesn’t have to be a guy that has averaged 1 goal and assist for the last 8 years by the looks of it. We can look for a cdm that at least looks like he can pass forward or shoot.

Doesn’t look like he’s of the pedigree that he’s going to be a class above the guys we have. 

Could also be young and at least have the potential for us to make some money down the line.

Or even could be another Scottish player. As for experience we have plenty of old heads already. 

Just very very meh. 

We don't play with creative cdms, they're their to cover the full backs and keep the shape of the team.

The bit about passing forward is hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Worth noting one of they positions will likely be filled with Raskin. I'm also worried Kamara could still be here and we could be left with Lundstram Jack and Kamara in there. 

I'm not against someone coming in to take the other spot but I think there could be better options than this guy for the reasons I listed.

Can't see any way in which Kamara is still here tbh.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That’s such a grim thought

14 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We don't play with creative cdms, they're their to cover the full backs and keep the shape of the team.

The bit about passing forward is hilarious.

Can't see any way in which Kamara is still here tbh.

I know we don’t at the moment.. we don’t fucking have any!