General Transfer Talk

Broxi

13 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nisbet earlier in season then Shankland for a spell, Duk for a week and now Van Veen.

What a forum for fan- boying SPL goalscorers.

I get where you are coming from but...

We have been reasonably successful in the past by hoovering up some of the best of the rest in Scotland.

Some great players have came to us from other spl teams.  I wouldn't be too quick to rule them all out so easily.

27 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Fuck off 

So you'd rather have an injured Roofe or Colak up front as a 2nd striker than Van Veen?

As mentioned in my first post, he wouldn't be the 1st striker. We will hopefully buy a decent striker but VV would be a great addition compared to what we've currently got.

54 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

23 goals this season and has scored against both the old firm. Why haven't our strikers grabbed more? It's a no brainer.

Like most seasons you’d imagine we will run with 3 strikers next season.

One will be Roofe cause no one is taking him, Colak will be here therefore you want buffs replacement to be Van Veen who’s 32 in June?

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Like most seasons you’d imagine we will run with 3 strikers next season.

One will be Roofe cause no one is taking him, Colak will be here therefore you want buffs replacement to be Van Veen who’s 32 in June?

If we could offload Roofe then we would but you're right nobody is taking him. At best a loan spell and we cover half the wages. If Roofe stays then he will br injured 75% of the time so you'd really need another 3 strikers.

He may be coming up 32 but he's scored 23 goals with another 5 games left. We've not had a striker do that since Boyd.

Just now, MorelosRangers said:

If we could offload Roofe then we would but you're right nobody is taking him. At best a loan spell and we cover half the wages. If Roofe stays then he will br injured 75% of the time so you'd really need another 3 strikers.

Not sure we have the finances to run with 4 strikers, given the wages that we already spend on Roofe/Colak plus our new ST. Sakala if still here, will end up providing cover in event of injuries, he speaks about hybrid players all the time.

Our options will be Morelos replacement, Colak and about 5 games a season from Roofe. 

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

23 goals this season and has scored against both the old firm. Why haven't our strikers grabbed more? It's a no brainer.

We hype up players who are average then double down when we can all see they are not good enough.

It's the reason we have won very little while they are hoovering up trophy after trophy..

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We hype up players who are average then double down when we can all see they are not good enough.

Every season there’s one striker from outwith us and them who has a good season, but is nowhere near good enough for us, and every season there’s a clamour on here for us to sign them :lol:

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Every season there’s one striker from outwith us and them who has a good season, but is nowhere near good enough for us, and every season there’s a clamour on here for us to sign them :lol:

I'd certainly have a look at Duk, would not go near Nisbet at all but we kid ourselves on that we have a potent strike force.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He played for Northampton and Grimsby and was fucking awful, he’s been at Motherwell and been mainly shite, but has now arrived at his peak at 32 and people on here want us to take him :lol:

change his username to van veen Rangers 

Just now, Smile said:

I'd certainly have a look at Duk, would not go near Nisbet at all but we kid ourselves on that we have a potent strike force.

I’d look at Duk because of his age and upside, but I don’t think he would provide value for money based on how much I imagine he would cost.

Just now, RFC55 said:

He played for Northampton and Grimsby and was fucking awful, he’s been at Motherwell and been mainly shite, but has now arrived at his peak at 32 and people on here want us to take him :lol:

change his username to van veen Rangers 

I get signing players who have done well in the SPFL if they’ve got upside, a bit of a track record, or they’ve done it consistently for a season two, but yeah Kevin Van Veen? On the basis of one good season? Come on now :lol:

I’m going to try see the stats I seen published about duk think it was around January maybe February and bar the goals they made for pretty shite reading,  if he didn’t have as many goals then not one person going by the stats would want him.

he’s a strange one though as he seems to be doing well on raw numbers ie goals and assists but the things he would  need to succeed at us or the nippy rippers doesn’t seem to be there. I’m sure at the time out of all the forwards in the league he was one of the worst for ball retention etc, I think I seen it on FF, it wasn’t just about him btw it was stats for the players in the league 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I get signing players who have done well in the SPFL if they’ve got upside, a bit of a track record, or they’ve done it consistently for a season two, but yeah Kevin Van Veen? On the basis of one good season? Come on now :lol:

He’s only 32 but, we signed that caniggia guy on the back of a hood season at Dundee and he was 37 :craphead:

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’m going to try see the stats I seen published about duk think it was around January maybe February and bar the goals they made for pretty shite reading,  if he didn’t have as many goals then not one person going by the stats would want him.

he’s a strange one though as he seems to be doing well on raw numbers ie goals and assists but the things he would  need to succeed at us or the nippy rippers doesn’t seem to be there. I’m sure at the time out of all the forwards in the league he was one of the worst for ball retention etc, I think I seen it on FF, it wasn’t just about him btw it was stats for the players in the league 

He seems to be like a higher profile version of Sakala in the sense that he’s a bit shite but he racks up numbers and causes utter chaos.

There’s only a handful of players I’d take from within the SPFL and I don’t think any of them would be popular with the masses on here because they aren’t even higher profile players, more just solid pros types :lol:

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’d look at Duk because of his age and upside, but I don’t think he would provide value for money based on how much I imagine he would cost.

True our scouting has to be better to get these players first.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He seems to be like a higher profile version of Sakala in the sense that he’s a bit shite but he racks up numbers and causes utter chaos.

There’s only a handful of players I’d take from within the SPFL and I don’t think any of them would be popular with the masses on here because they aren’t even higher profile players, more just solid pros types :lol:

We will need players like that who are Scottish, Id like us to go for Josh Campbell of Hibs while watching Nisbet when I thought we were after him I thought Josh Campbell in their midfield really stood out.