General Transfer Talk

Broxi

Michael Beale revealed he has been on the road having face-to-face talks with potential new Rangers signings.

The Gers boss is looking to add “four or five” players to his squad for next season but it will be without the help of sporting director Ross Wilson, who recently departed to Nottingham Forest.

Beale, whose side sit 12 points behind Premiership leaders Celtic, is continuing the quest to bolster his group this summer.

The former QPR manager told talkSPORT: “This group has given me what they can and we’re probably four or five players away from being where I want us to be.

“That’s nothing against the players that are playing just now, it will just make us stronger.

“Certainly the first part of the season next year, with hopefully the Champions League, if not, definitely the Europa League, we’ve got 14 or 15 weeks of three-game weeks, and it’s fair to say our squad needs more variety and depth and I want us to play with more pace and energy.

“Obviously Ross Wilson moved on last week but a lot of the plans have been in place since I came here in November.

“It’s something we’ve been constantly talking about every day, if you like because we were so close in terms of here at the training ground.

“Now Ross has moved on I’m leading that and I’ve been away speaking to some players over the last couple of days and it’s something that’s constantly ongoing in the background.

“I think in the short period right now, it may suit me better than someone coming in in the middle of the work that we’re doing.

“I feel like I’ve got really good support from John Park and the recruitment staff. A lot of the work’s been done, it’s now executing it. I’m quite fussy, I like to go and meet the players and see them face to face.

“That’s how I did it with Nico Raskin and Todd Cantwell (in January). It wasn’t just the business men, if you like. I like to see these boys and sit in front of them.

“I’ve been away doing that in the last few weeks. Every day off and moment in the schedule that allows I’ve been travelling to meet people along with Ross and I’ll continue to do that on my own.”

After the trip to Aberdeen on Sunday, the Light Blues will prepare to face Celtic in the Scottish Cup semi-final at Hampden Park the following weekend.

Since taking over from Giovanni van Bronckhorst last November, Beale has not been able to beat the champions elect in three meetings, playing out a 2-2 draw at Ibrox in the league, a 2-1 defeat in the Viaplay Cup final and a recent 3-2 league defeat at Parkhead.

The Englishman, who was asssistant coach at Rangers under Steven Gerrard, bemoaned some “rough luck” in the matches as he looked forward to the next Old Firm clash.

He said: “The semi-final is huge. These games are always massive and a privilege to be involved in.

“We’ve had rough luck a little bit in the games so far. The one at Ibrox when I first came in we should have held on in that game.

“We know they’re a good side and are dangerous but in terms of the games so far we’ve had opportunities in all three of them and we certainly have to be at our best next week. It’s a huge game and huge opportunity for my lads.”

4/5 players wanted, already meeting with potential signings face to face.

I think it's really positive he's making the effort to meet the players before they sign. Cantwell and Raskin have integrated into the squad really well and appear to have the attitude required of Rangers players so there are signs it's worth the effort. Also good to hear we're not wasting time on these deals. Hopefully plenty of news in early June. 

22 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Keeper

Centre Half

Centre Mid 

Centre Forward

Wide Forward

That would be my guess.

Don't think you're too far wrong but personally I would probably sacrifice the CM and get in a second winger. 

I think Raskin, Jack, Lundstram - Cantwell, Tillman, Lawrence, Lowry, Hagi is a pretty good midfield set of options. I would like a big physical DM to partner Raskin but I think new wingers on both sides of the pitch is probably more pressing. 

I think the difference next season is definitely going to be made or broken in the forward line. Need to fully replace Kent Morelos Sakala and it needs to be much better and more productive than what we have now. 

10 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We need more than 4 or 5 tbh, id like 4 or 5 nailed on starters and possibly another 2 or 3 better squad options in. 

The majority of our first team are decent squad players. No need to buy squad players. We need players that are first pick and those they replace can deputise 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The majority of our first team are decent squad players. No need to buy squad players. We need players that are first pick and those they replace can deputise 

Id rather get rid of a large percentage of these players than keep them as squad options, ideally our squad options are primarily hungry young players waiting for an opportunity to make the shirt theirs rather than the same culprits who continually let us down, hopefully no less than 12 go in the summer 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Jack, and Lundstram should be nowhere near the squad next season. Lawrence will be coming back from a year long spell out injured essentially and Hagi we should be look to sell for extra funds.

We gave hagi, a new 3 year contract in the middle of an ACL injury.

Im still trying to think why...

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Id rather get rid of a large percentage of these players than keep them as squad options, ideally our squad options are primarily hungry young players waiting for an opportunity to make the shirt theirs rather than the same culprits who continually let us down, hopefully no less than 12 go in the summer 

I’m not sure we can fill a squad like that. There has to be a balance 

Just now, falkirkNS said:

We gave hagi, a new 3 year contract in the middle of an ACL injury.

Im still trying to think why...

You’re about to find out why, he was able to leave on a free now he’s not and gladbach and galatasary are looking at him.

there may be a swap deal involving another Romanian should it involve gala 

Hopefully we can shift the majority of the deadwood then we can add to the 4/5 incoming players. 

need to move on as many as we can from.

McGregor 

McLaughlin

Davies 

Lundstram 

Kamara 

Davis 

Oboforth 

Sakala

Matondo 

Hagi 

Wright 

Kent

Roofe 

Morelos 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Hopefully a change of captain too.

Tav can stay for sure, but this needs to be a new dawn. 

Would love a proper international centre half to come in as captain. I can dream.

Just now, RFC55 said:

You’re about to find out why, he was able to leave on a free now he’s not and gladbach and galatasary are looking at him.

there may be a swap deal involving another Romanian should it involve gala 

He was not out of contract though?

Just now, falkirkNS said:

Yes but he was already poor before a serious injury.

Not fit, not played for 1 year,whos gona pump 4 million at him?

He will end up at glatasary they are absolutely desperate to sign him