Unwashed refuse Old Firm ticket allocation

esquire8

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

One of the stupidest things I've ever read on here that the filth wouldn't take 2.5k tickets for Ibrox under any circumstances

What’s his definition of us being top of the league aswell . If we are sitting 3 points clear all of a sudden Celtic fans are going to turn back tickets for the game at Ibrox ?

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

What’s his definition of us being top of the league aswell . If we are sitting 3 points clear all of a sudden Celtic fans are going to turn back tickets for the game at Ibrox ?

Do they fans not want 800 tickets for September?

Obviously the last 15 years have been shite. But any fan who has been to an away game there and seen us win - I’d be surprised if it wasn’t in their top Rangers memories. It’s just fucking class

I want as many of our fans as possible to have the chance to go. Even with the Europe allocations most fans won’t get the opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Can they not sell the 800 offered?

I’m lost at what your point is here 

you said if we were top of the league and in the ascendancy Celtic would struggle to sell their tickets . They wouldn’t 

they sold out their allocations all throughout the 90s and early Advocaat years just like we were still selling out our piggery allocation  In the Warburton, Pedro and Murty years 

1 minute ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

The crush was their supporters and it's what lead to having to be in the stadium 2 hours before kick off.

Had it in my head it was other way around.

I don’t think there has been anything unusually dangerous with reduced numbers. There is always the possibility of something being thrown (even with full Broomy allocation some dick could decide to lob something from another stand and vice versa) so point still stands that IMO it is unsubstantiated pish they are throwing out to try and paint us in a bad light.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

you said if we were top of the league and in the ascendancy Celtic would struggle to sell their tickets . They wouldn’t 

they sold out their allocations all throughout the 90s and early Advocaat years just like we were still selling out our piggery allocation under In the Warnurton, Pedro and Murty years 

Where did I say Celtic would struggle to sell their tickets?

1 minute ago, rossco87 said:

Had it in my head it was other way around.

I don’t think there has been anything unusually dangerous with reduced numbers. There is always the possibility of something being thrown (even with full Broomy allocation some dick could decide to lob something from another stand and vice versa) so point still stands that IMO it is unsubstantiated pish they are throwing out to try and paint us in a bad light.

Away fans have to meet 2 and a half hours before the game because of the increased dangers.

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

they sold out their allocations all throughout the 90s and early Advocaat years just like we were still selling out our piggery allocation  In the Warburton, Pedro and Murty years 

Think his point was more they wouldn’t accept them just to spite us and leave us with minimal tickets

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Where did I say Celtic would struggle to sell their tickets?

Maybe I have picked that up wrong 

I don’t see your reasoning why us being top would result in Celtic not taking an increased allocation though 

4 hours ago, GA1972 said:

As far as I’m concerned old allocations come back but we either get to be behind the goal at their shithole or they get put in a corner out of view of tv cameras etc at Ibrox 

That’s the best way to settle this. I don’t particularly want to go back to the old allocations as they were which benefited them 

When they got the full broomloan it meant the union bears had to be moved. We should demand we have the groin brigades corner and they get moved.

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Maybe I have picked that up wrong 

I don’t see your reasoning why us being top would result in Celtic not taking an increased allocation though 

They've refused 800.

Apparently safety is an issue in the corner. How does that change if its 800 or 2.5k?

They want the broomie.

If we're ahead of them then given all of the above then  them opting to take 2.5k in December and giving us that or more in April, after the split,  makes no advantageous sense for them.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Think his point was more they wouldn’t accept them just to spite us and leave us with minimal tickets

Yeah hold my hands up I picked that up wrong 

But they cunts are probably sitting saying the exact same thing about us . We changed the allocation when they were clearly in the ascendancy and off the back of some thread on follow follow moaning about their behaviour 

If the shoe was on the other foot I would be winding them up about it endlessly 

2 minutes ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Away fans have to meet 2 and a half hours before the game because of the increased dangers.

Happens plenty elsewhere is Europe and seriously doubt that it would change that much if increased to European level allocation.

Totally understand it is pish for those going to the game but the police are probably happy with it as it reduces the hassle for them having two sets of fans mingling.

There is obviously a tipping point where it becomes unmanageable but say if tomorrow both clubs agreed to 1700 each I think the police would still insist on early attendance.

4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

When they got the full broomloan it meant the union bears had to be moved. We should demand we have the groin brigades corner and they get moved.

That would be hilarious. Cite our concerns re safety of where we are and watch them contort themselves in knots trying to explain why it isn’t the same…

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You a copper or is this just your opinion?

I am sure this was stated by the Police when Rangers first raised the issue of reducing ticket numbers. They can police the seating area but cannot segregate the concourse as they would need too many men. They also will not allow one set of fans to have the rear and the other the front due to missiles and spitting from top tier.