Tonights Starting XI

Davy

Rangers are likely to go: McGregor, Broadfoot or Papac, Weir, Cuellar, Hutton; Hemdani, Thomson, Ferguson; Beasley, McCulloch, Darcheville.

Bench: Carroll, Boyd, Cousin, Novo, Adam, Gow, Whittaker.

According to the Evening Times.

not too surprising, but darcheville doesnt look fully fit so I don't see him lasting the 90 anyway. The rest of the side kinda picks iteself.

Why would you play whittaker left back? Have you seen him play left back before? Why would you pick a right midfielder/back and put them on the left when you have murray and broadfoot?

Anyways, Walter knows how important this is, and he might go with the 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3. Our 3 strong mid, with beasley, mcculloch and cousin/boyd.

Why would you play whittaker left back? Have you seen him play left back before? Why would you pick a right midfielder/back and put them on the left when you have murray and broadfoot?

well...

he has played left back before..

a few games for hibs he was switched there, and it does say he can play right/left defence/central midfield in some of his stats.

I woulld start with Cousin rather than JCD, use Novo second half, or at least last 30mins.

I'd definitely pick Cousin before JCD, who has been poor, even though I've seen so little of him.

well...

he has played left back before..

a few games for hibs he was switched there, and it does say he can play right/left defence/central midfield in some of his stats.

Is this in champ? ;)

We WILL win this game. I have no doubts. :rangers:

................McGregor................

Hutton....Cuellar..Weir.....Broadfoot

........Hemdani.....Thommo.......

................Bazza....................

McCulloch.....................Beasley

................Boyd.......................

Bringing on Novo and Cousin in the second half. Thats what I'd like to see anyway.

heck am feeling so nervous again :unsure: I think its coz so much depends on our getting past these guys

I am sharing your nervousness here. These 2 ties are the most important games for the club this season, especially given there is a real chance Celtic might not get through with their difficult draw.

It is absolutely imperative the Smith gets his tactics correct over these 2 ties.

Agreed with that last sentence, though I feel more pumped up than nervous at this point. Red Star have always been a tough team, so even if they are not up to past standards I think we still have a very tough couple of games on our hands. I do believe the boys can do the business if they roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, though.

Bringing on Novo and Cousin in the second half. Thats what I'd like to see anyway.

For once Bazza, I disagree with that team. Well, Boyd to be more particular.

Has to be a more mobile forward tonight, Cousin would be my pick. Looks sharper, plus it looks like he can bring other players into the game more than Boyd does too.

Walter has sayed that Boyd will be dropped and Whittaker will take part in the game. So I think Walter's team will be like this;

----------------Mcgregor----------------

---Hutton---Cuellar---Weir---Papac---

-----------Hemdani---Thomson--------

---Whittaker---Bazza---Beasley------

--------------McCulloch----------------

Maybe he'll leave Whittaker on the bench and put McCulloch on the right and Darcheville (depending on injury) or Cousin upfront. Looks a good team but do you not think we're playing a bit defensive for a home tie even though theres alot riding on this I still think we should be playing 4-4-2. Walter is too defensive in Europe thats hes never really done anything in Europe with Rangers even in the NIAR days (except 93)!

Doesn't matter what the team is, I hope we don't bring on any strikers.