Biggest clubs we’ve not played yet

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

City are as big, if not bigger than Chelsea.

Only difference between them is Chelsea’s owner came in earlier.

Probably not much separating them over the course of both their history if you look at it up until the mid 90s  . However Chelsea pre takeover though were always sniffing about the top 4, cup wins and a European cup winners cup in the decade before it  . The Russian money just allowed them to operate and step up a level that was just out their grasp for those few years before hand with Man U and Arsenal

City went from bottom half regulars to dominating which is why there money situation seems to be highlighted and used as a stick to beat them with much more than Chelsea’s 

Just now, JD Sanchez said:

Are Shakhtar classed as even remotely a big team? They might not even have a stadium by now what with the amount of missiles in the vicinity, but what have they won non domestically?

Im thinking thats like saying we've not played West Brom or some pish.

Europa League in 2009.

On 15/01/2024 at 11:17, born a blue nose said:

Davie Weir score the winner?

We used to run a mini 4 team pre season tournament in the 70s. 2 English clubs us and another Scottish team. Not sure how years we did it.  Pretty sure Man City was at 1 and Southamptoon. Tge 2 English trams would play Sat and we would take on the other Scottish team. Sunday was then 2 Scot/Eng matches for 3rd 4th and 1st 2nd. I think Man City and Southampton went to penalties and they scored 11 each so they tossed a coin. My memory could be playing tricks as I would only be a young boy. 

3 hours ago, Brubear said:

We used to run a mini 4 team pre season tournament in the 70s. 2 English clubs us and another Scottish team. Not sure how years we did it.  Pretty sure Man City was at 1 and Southamptoon. Tge 2 English trams would play Sat and we would take on the other Scottish team. Sunday was then 2 Scot/Eng matches for 3rd 4th and 1st 2nd. I think Man City and Southampton went to penalties and they scored 11 each so they tossed a coin. My memory could be playing tricks as I would only be a young boy. 

Ma parents would have been younger than you in the 70s mate 😂