Hearts Semi Final

21 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I totally agree with what you’re saying about the league and where we are but also highlights that winning Cups is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Just another number on the board. 

Winning things drives clubs and supporters forward. Especially a club with traditions like Rangers. Its what football is about, no? 

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

Did admin advertise for a new forum mongo this week, and this is your interview?

I, and all Rangers supporters (well, almost all, apparently) want to win all three domestic trophies every season. We all know the league is the most important one, but that for all Rangers supporters (well, almost all, apparently) doesn’t mean we don’t care about the other trophies. I hope I’ve said that simply enough for you to understand?

😂 That’s a good one.

You seem to be awfully sensitive about somebody not sharing your opinion. At this moment in time winning Cups means fuck all and is no consolation to our abysmal league record. That’s just my honest opinion. Nothing against people that don’t see it the same way and want to celebrate it as they see fit. 

Let me know if I get the gig 🤞🏻

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

😂 That’s a good one.

You seem to be awfully sensitive about somebody not sharing your opinion. At this moment in time winning Cups means fuck all and is no consolation to our abysmal league record. That’s just my honest opinion. Nothing against people that don’t see it the same way and want to celebrate it as they see fit. 

Don’t know if you got tickets for Sunday. If you did, make sure you pass them on to someone who cares if we win, or not.

7 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

😂 That’s a good one.

So if we play Celtic 

And score a 93rd minute winner to win the cup ? How do you react ?

2 minutes ago, demise said:

Winning things drives clubs and supporters forward. Especially a club with traditions like Rangers. Its what football is about, no? 

Not necessarily. It didn’t work out that way for Gio did it? A European Final and a Scottish Cup didn’t drive us on to further success. It’s the players and managers that ultimately drive the Club forward. It doesn’t just become a habit because you win a cup and I don’t think winning this years Scottish Cup will have any bearing on our future success. 

6 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

😂 That’s a good one.

The league is the biggie obviously, but the cups all matter and they go towards the building of our amazing club history.

We didn't become the worlds most successful club on league titles alone. 

6 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Not necessarily. It didn’t work out that way for Gio did it? A European Final and a Scottish Cup didn’t drive us on to further success. It’s the players and managers that ultimately drive the Club forward. It doesn’t just become a habit because you win a cup and I don’t think winning this years Scottish Cup will have any bearing on our future success. 

The SC and the EL final have kept Gio in the job imo. He had lost the league while coming to a club that was 6 points clear on top of the table and if it wasnt for SC and EL, he might have been gone even earlier. 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

So if we play celtic 

And score a 93rd minute winner to win the cup ? How do you react ?

That’s different. Of course you would celebrate that in the moment. I think people are taking my point the wrong way. I’m not wanting us to lose or anything I’m just not bothered either way if we win it or not. Would losing it in the 93rd minute be as painful as watching us throw away our chances in the league as we have in the last 2 games? Not a chance. 

14 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

With us and them more often than not it does 

Our issues on not capitalising on our recent success's are down to board mismanagement of not cashing in on assets and getting in the way of managers like Gio and Gerrards plans and targets to keep pushing on after 55 and Seville etc 

Numerous managers , players etc who have been with us and them  during successful periods for both clubs have talked about the importance of the first cup and how cups help reinforce the habit of winning and dominating 

Without the league cup win in 2011 we probably don't get that spark and belief which pushes us on to win the title 

3 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

That’s different. Of course you would celebrate that in the moment. I think people are taking my point the wrong way. I’m not wanting us to lose or anything I’m just not bothered either way if we win it or not. Would losing it in the 93rd minute be as painful as watching us throw away our chances in the league as we have in the last 2 games? Not a chance. 

We did in 2016 against Hibs and aye it was horrendous 

With us and them more often than not it does 

Numerous managers , players etc who have been with us and them  during successful periods for both clubs have talked about the importance of the first cup and how cups help reinforce the habit of winning and dominating 

Without the league cup win in 2011 we probably don't get that spark and belief which pushes us on to win the title 

Any successful team has to win their first trophy and those players that have been quoted in the past clearly liked the taste of it and had that winning mentality. Even the most optimistic fan on here would be hard pressed to convince anyone that this squad had the makings of a successful Rangers team. Winning the Scottish Cup would have no bearing on the success of this squad. 

7 minutes ago, left winger said:

If so, at least you’re true to your word, I suppose.

100%. As I said I’ve no issue with anyone that disagrees with me and the tickets would be best used by somebody wanting to go and cheer them on and does want to celebrate winning the cup. I’m not in that headspace and I’ll give the same guys my tickets if we reach the final. 

3 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Any successful team has to win their first trophy and those players that have been quoted in the past clearly liked the taste of it and had that winning mentality. Even the most optimistic fan on here would be hard pressed to convince anyone that this squad had the makings of a successful Rangers team. Winning the Scottish Cup would have no bearing on the success of this squad. 

I think a cup double will put Clement in a good position to sit with the board in the summer and say that's what I delivered with the shite inherited from Beale 

Back me with my decisions on who I want in and who I want out and lets see what I can deliver next season 

I think a cup double will put Clement in a good position to sit with the board in the summer and say that's what I delivered with the shite inherited from Beale 

Back me with my decisions on who I want in and who I want out and lets see what I can deliver next season 

That’s maybe a fair point. The problem is that there won’t be much to back him with by not winning the league. League title this year arguably levelled the playing field. The Cups sadly don’t. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hearts will relish this and I'm dreading it going the way I expect it to.

If they thought the atmosphere was bad last night it'll be absolutely poisonous if we shit the bed on Sunday. Mostly the players but there'll be no hiding place for Clement either.

If there's any game that we need to see a reaction in, then a cup semi final is it. 

You can predict already what Hearts will do. They'll go for an early goal and then sit and frustrate us. As soon as that happens, they know the atmosphere will turn. 

I just don't at this moment have the confidence that we will see the reaction we need.

7 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Do you think that felt worse than watching the last 2 games? We’d already won promotion that year which was obviously the priority. 

Honestly I couldn't differ between the two if your taking initial reactions into account 

Both scenarios have been gutwrenching in their own way 

What is happening right now is more fresh obviously but can't deny that back then after that cup final against Hibs I wasn't walking around for weeks scunnered by what happened 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

What is this attitude 

If we hadn't won the league cup we would be staring down the barrel of another trophyless season 

If we are playing celtic at Hampden in May for the Scottish cup there is no one going to be sitting around the morning of that game going "och no fussed how this goes the day" just because we lost out on the league 

Is anybody going to say "we lost the league, but it doesn't matter we've got a cup final" ?

3 minutes ago, RoboBearToo said:

Is anybody going to say "we lost the league, but it doesn't matter we've got a cup final" ?

They’ll probably just say it’s ok they do stuff on Fridays 

I get some fans being deflated after the drop off in the League but cups matter, we're in a dog fight with the tims.

We've won 118 major honours, they've won 116 major honours, if we win at least one of the last two trophies then we maintain a two honour lead, if we chuck it completely then it levels off at 118/118

Rangers should be all about winning trophies, that's what we've been about for 150 years, I know the last 12 has been dire but as an institution, that's what we've been all about and in 100 years time, when we're all dead and gone, that'll still be what we're all about, so it's our responsibility to keep pushing for better days, to respect the boys who kept us going in the 60s and 70s when the tims done 9IAR or the 80s when Aberdeen ruled the roost, Rangers fans still inspired the team to overcome the odds and win trophies in those eras, that's our job now, so boys in the future continue to have something to be proud of.

So aye, cups absolutely matter.