Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

41 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye I’m not saying let them all go on the cheap, but the likes of Matondo, Lawrence, Dowell, Goldson Hagi and Wright we really shouldn’t be difficult to deal with, we should hopefully be able to generate decent funds from Cantwell Dessers Lammers and Tav. 

Doesn’t matter if we are easy to deal with, it’s all about the players.

Only a few leagues can afford the wages of our players and that’s the issue.

Where is Goldson going for £38 k a week?

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Doesn’t matter if we are easy to deal with, it’s all about the players.

Only a few leagues can afford the wages of our players and that’s the issue.

Where is Goldson going for £38 k a week?

Birmingham are pretty flash with cash just now, they might think a hometown CB can lead them up to the PL.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

They’ve apparently got a 20 million pound budget this summer for transfers, but no club in League 1 is matching his wage.

He might take a cut for a longer contract, playing close to home.

25 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think people forget how bad the “banter years” actually were.

Don't forget how bad they were, definitely not. Although I do prefer to forget much of those times.

I'm meaning, in those years we had spivs and arseholes, people that didn't care, even players, it was expected to be bad.

I expect more of Rangers now, we're back where we should be, there's no excuses anymore, there's nothing to fall back on, the line look at where we were can't be used etc imo.

9 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

If it's 1 out 1 in , I don't think Goldson or Tav are priorities,  first needs to Lammers for a RW, then probably Hagi for a solid experienced CM.

We move out who we get interest in, you don't get a bid in for Tav and try sell them a Lammers instead it's not Curry's. :confused:

29 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Sadly, although leadership comes from the top, it doesn’t all fall on the board.

We’ve kept players for longer than we should have, we’ve blown opportunities to win trophies and progress in Europe and we have reinvested the money we have had really poorly. 

We just feel like a club which, outwith a handful of individuals, has adopted a job done mentality from top to bottom since the second we won the league three years ago and the consequences of that attitude are showing now.

Yep, winning that title should’ve been seen as the beginning and the start of a proper Rangers again but those in charge were too busy patting each other on the back to push on, the tarriers had a terrible start the following season and we should’ve been out of sight that season, a real sliding doors moment. 

26 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

We move out who we get interest in, you don't get a bid in for Tav and try sell them a Lammers instead it's not Curry's. :confused:

So we take an offer for Goldson or Tav then we need to replace them, meaning we still have the same issues ..it's no Curry's? I have never went into Curry's for a microwave n came out with a fridge 

8 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

So we take an offer for Goldson or Tav then we need to replace them, meaning we still have the same issues ..it's no Curry's? I have never went into Curry's for a microwave n came out with a fridge 

So we shouldn't sell Goldson or Tav unless Lammers or Hagi have gone first? :lol: That's absolutely mental.

3 hours ago, Swagger said:

They’ll dominate easily for years to come if nothing changes 

That's the gauling part, the scum are superior to us on the field but they're far from vintage. Liam Scales, Greg Taylor etc are haddies but they've lorded it over us on the whole. At least when we were superior to them in the 1990s we were full of class players like Gazza, Goram, McCoist, Laudrup etc. Players that are still revered to this day. Nobody outwith the taigs will give a fck about their current squad in 20 years time. Gazza and big Brian are still talked about as revolutionary for the Scottish league to this day. 

We are letting an average taig squad lord it over us on and off the pitch 🤢

4 minutes ago, Madina said:

That's the gauling part, the scum are superior to us on the field but they're far from vintage. Liam Scales, Greg Taylor etc are haddies but they've lorded it over us on the whole. At least when we were superior to them in the 1990s we were full of class players like Gazza, Goram, McCoist, Laudrup etc. Players that are still revered to this day. Nobody outwith the taigs will give a fck about their current squad in 20 years time. Gazza and big Brian are still talked about as revolutionary for the Scottish league to this day. 

We are letting an average taig squad lord it over us on and off the pitch 🤢

Yep. They are bang average yet the history books will see them with an unbelievable period of success - big part of that is our shambles of a club. 
Macgregor the most decorated or soon to be most decorated player in Scotland ?

Fucking sickening 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Currys got into trouble with the advertising watchdog in 2001 for their "unbeatable low prices" slogan. 

I reckon that’s our current sales pitch🤣

43 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Yep. They are bang average yet the history books will see them with an unbelievable period of success - big part of that is our shambles of a club. 

Fucking sickening 

They’re not bang average though, they consistently get over 90 points a season. Even if we won every Old Firm game they’d still be averaging over 80.

51 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Fucking sickening 

It's not they're bang average they are consistent Vs the shite in the league and as @J-Maestro says above they're getting over 90 points a season 

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

So we shouldn't sell Goldson or Tav unless Lammers or Hagi have gone first? :lol: That's absolutely mental.

We can't sell Tav or Goldson and then sign a right winger is my point 

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Board have pillaged the support for the past 5 seasons and only now are some starting to see where it has got us. 

They’ve been hoodwinking the support against the past 3 managers and will do it again to this 1. 

Mate the board are shite but tbh last season and Gerrard at times big money was spent on absolute pish.

Why they gave beake that money is beyond me 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Mate the board are shite but tbh last season and Gerrard at times big money was spent on absolute pish.

Why they gave beake that money is beyond me 

Even the money we spent after Seville was a shambles too. 10.5 million on Matondo, Davies and Yilmaz :ang:

There is no doubting it's a worrying comment.

Particularly as They can take their time and sign players worth £millions.

We need to sign well. Hope they sign sh!te and have minimum injuries. And hope they have an injury crisis. 

43 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

That’s a pointless point. We need improvements at RB and CB too.

But we aren't going to get them all sold in 1 window,  so I would be happy to keep Tav /Goldson if it means we strengthen at RW

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

But we aren't going to get them all sold in 1 window,  so I would be happy to keep Tav /Goldson if it means we strengthen at RW

Mate we don't get to decide which ones get sold, interest from other clubs dictates that.