graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

We were better than the first half of the second half when he came on though.

I'll give you Barron. I like the look of him. He has a lot of effort and the footballing intelligence to play in the centre for us. Impressed me so far but would like a wee goal from him.

Jefte no. Not yet anyway but has potential.

Take our strongest team and allow any opposition manager to swap a player out for one on the bench and they would pick Dessers every single time. Again and consistently I'm not saying he's amazing but he's incredibly important to us. We're a far lesser team when he doesn't start.

That's made up bullshit mate unless you can justify such nonsense with quotes etc.

The floor is yours.. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We were reliant on Butland today, doesn't make him our best player.

Now you're getting it. We relied on Butland today. Lawrence too. But it isn't over a single game.

In the huge majority of games this season we've relied on Dessers. Similar last season actually and we would have won the league had others stepped up but he had zero help.

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

A made up scenario clear to anyone with a decent comprehension of reading lol.

Nope. Just made up bullshit without any substance whatsoever.  It’s got fuckall to do with comprehension of reading, you wrote it as your opinion, nothing made up or hypothetical about it. You spoke for 11 managers without a clue as to their opinions. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Now you're getting it. We relied on Butland today. Lawrence too. But it isn't over a single game.

In the huge majority of games this season we've relied on Dessers. Similar last season actually and we would have won the league had others stepped up but he had zero help.

So relying on someone doesn't make them our best player then 🤣

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nope. Just made up bullshit without any substance whatsoever.  It’s got fuckall to do with comprehension of reading, you wrote it as your opinion, nothing made up or hypothetical about it. You spoke for 11 managers without a clue as to their opinions. 

:lol::lol::lol:wit

7 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

We relied on him because our signing policy has been honking and we dont have another fully fit striker

Had danilo not got crocked against hearts last season he'd have been clements first choice (already was at that point) and dessers would have been the backup

Relying on someone doesn't mean they are automatically the best, couldn't easily mean its cause we don't have fuck all else in the position 

8 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

Arguing about who's the best player between Dessers and Barron is fucking depressing and only highlights how far away we actually are.

There’s not a single player that I’d be bothered about if they left. Apart from maybe Butland none of our players make the celtic first 11, probably not even the bench. 
We are filling our squad with players maybe slightly better than the rest of the league and might scrape second place. 

We are absolutely miles away from challenging- it’s fucking brutal to watch 

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

There’s not a single player that I’d be bothered about if they left. Apart from maybe Butland none of our players make the celtic first 11, probably not even the bench. 
We are filling our squad with players maybe slightly better than the rest of the league and might scrape second place. 

Butland wouldn't. Jefte, either cb for scales berhami would get in their team imo

It’s now got to the stage that it’s probably Dessers’ fault that the Desssers thread isn’t a good enough thread to cry about Dessers on.

We looked better when he was on, going across the keeper was the correct decision, it was a good save, if you want to be pedantic every player has the whole goal to aim for with every attempt, and it wasn’t a basic save you’d do in keeper drills.

As long as Dessers and possibly Lawrence this season, are the biggest contributors, the problem is the management, board and the other players - not Dessers and Lawrence.

8 minutes ago, Swagger said:

:lol:

Jefte, Souttar, Propper, Kasanwirjo, Barron, Bajrami and depending on how he develops Igamane would all get in their squad.

Jefte would be in the starting 11 and one of either Souttar or Propper would be ahead of Scales who is complete dog shite.

We are filling our squad with future potential and tbf quite a number of our signings look decent. Everyone knew it was a rebuild season, the issue is the fact our manager apparently can’t get them playing in any sort of structured unit. 

That lot have more individual quality than us atm but better coaching makes the league gap a lot closer. Only takes winning a couple of old firms and all you’ve to do is beat the rest of the league, which you’ve already said we have a better squad than

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Jefte, Souttar, Propper, Kasanwirjo, Barron, Bajrami and depending on how he develops Igamane would all get in their squad.

Jefte would be in the starting 11 and one of either Souttar or Propper would be ahead of Scales who is complete dog shite.

We are filling our squad with future potential and tbf quite a number of our signings look decent. Everyone knew it was a rebuild season, the issue is the fact our manager apparently can’t get them playing in any sort of structured unit. 

That lot have more individual quality than us atm but better coaching makes the league gap a lot closer. Only takes winning a couple of old firms and all you’ve to do is beat the rest of the league, which you’ve already said we have a better squad than

How big is their squad going to be?

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

How big is their squad going to be?

None of this is really happening mate. In the made up scenario you’re taking the shite from their current squad and adding our players in

Did you think we were giving them players?

9 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

A made up scenario clear to anyone with a decent comprehension of reading lol.

It's a circular argument.  You say that because you think Dessers is our best player.  It doesn't prove anything unless there is evidence to back up the claim.  If I, for instance, think Barron is our best player, I would say they would choose him.  It also ignores the fact that managers might go for a player where they feel they have a weakness, so might choose Butland or Jefte, etc

I do, as it happens, agree that Dessers is a very important player for us

10 hours ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

@SeparateEntityMyArse has officially gone bananas.

I'd suggest that's actually the guy who said Dessers is our best player and that if you "take our strongest team and allow any opposition manager to swap a player out for one on the bench and they would pick Dessers every single time".

Mental