Olympics 2024

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

And it is a fair whack of female sportswomen asking the questions and wanting to protect their sports so women can compete fairly. I think they are entitled to ask those questions.

A lot of those sportswomen have no doubt just read misinformation about the fighter being a man and have ran with that.

Like we have a female mod on here who reopened a thread with a post saying a man who identifies as a woman has battered a female fighter, when that was clearly just a lie 

2 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Definitely agree with the mistreatment comments and the belief that many news reporters have jumped the gun based on supposition on this story.

But heading down the 'it can't be that much of an advantage or else she would never have been beaten' is a slippery slope to head down for quite a few reasons.

I think the main issue DSD etc aside is because it is in boxing as opposed to running so the risks are greater if there are mismatches.

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I have made it clear until proof is seen those 2 have question marks. They could have done tests to answer the question and yet they did not. If I was in their shoes and had nothing to hide I would do the test. 

Interpret that how you will. I am pig sick of the mansplaining.

You're pig sick of people agreeing with other women rather than you. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

A lot of those sportswomen have no doubt just read misinformation about the fighter being a man and have ran with that.

Like we have a female mod on here who reopened a thread with a post saying a man who identifies as a woman has battered a female fighter, when that was clearly just a lie 

You do not know what they have read so that is unfair. Some of them have been publishing scientific research to support their arguments and articles that explain the issues rather well. 

19 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I have actually read medical documents, case reports etc so do not presume where I did my research. You do know Semenya FATHERED 2 kids.

Any evidence of that? Seeing as her internal testes produce nothing?

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

You do not know what they have read so that is unfair. Some of them have been publishing scientific research to support their arguments and articles that explain the issues rather well. 

What scientific research has been published about these two individuals that you're basing you're view that they're men on?

13 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Definitely agree with the mistreatment comments and the belief that many news reporters have jumped the gun based on supposition on this story.

But heading down the 'it can't be that much of an advantage or else she would never have been beaten' is a slippery slope to head down for quite a few reasons.

Semi-seriously, maybe if we're going to have max testosterone levels in competition, we should have max punching power per weight class for DSD athletes too. That way we don't have to act like people born and raised as women who have a worse knockout ratio than Nicolino Locche are attempted murderers.

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Semi-seriously, maybe if we're going to have max testosterone levels in competition, we should have max punching power per weight class for DSD athletes too. That way we don't have to act like people born and raised as women who have a worse knockout ratio than Nicolino Locche are attempted murderers.

It is clear that sports bodies need to come up with criteria that is fair for all. They need to consult scientists and their members.

5 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Deleted my comment. I actually canny be fucked. No one moves an inch in these conversations so it's pointless.

I don't mind different opinions, just can't be arsed when people make stuff up.

19 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Their test results done by 2 CAS approved independent labs

Their test results, as published by a discredited organisation, still don't show what you're claiming. That's the point.

22 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Deleted my comment. I actually canny be fucked. No one moves an inch in these conversations so it's pointless.

My thoughts exactly.  I believe what I believe and others believe the polar opposite. I can’t be arsed with it any longer. 

FWIW I reopened the trans thread to not derail the Olympics thread.

That worked 🙄

When I commented on this a few pages back I did so knowing absolutely fuck all about that Algerian boxer and did so because one of the fucking idiots I work with told me she was transsexual, I dived in with fuck all knowledge of the facts and feel a bit silly now, I also have no clue wtf mansplaining is, I usually check things first, don't know why I listened to that fat balloon at work. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

My thoughts exactly.  I believe what I believe and others believe the polar opposite. I can’t be arsed with it any longer. 

FWIW I reopened the trans thread to not derail the Olympics thread.

That worked 🙄

Tbf, I asked for that thread to be reopened multiple times when the Cass report was released because 1. it was important and 2. discussion of it was clogging up the UK politics thread, but it wasn't.

It's not my forum and not my rules, but if it was reopened for this discussion, it should have been reopened for my request, in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Their test results, as published by a discredited organisation, still don't show what you're claiming. That's the point.

This is partly why I'm not commenting much on it. The IBA is closely tied to the Kremlin and is mired in corruption. There is reason to be skeptical, but there are also things like the IOC correcting their statement and saying " we didn't mean to say this isn't a DSD case" which gives credence to the claim that the boxers do have DSDs. 

Until there is a test done that can be trusted, everyone will just keep going in circles. 

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Tbf, I asked for that thread to be reopened multiple times when the Cass report was released because 1. it was important and 2. discussion of it was clogging up the UK politics thread, but it wasn't.

It's not my forum and not my rules, but if it was reopened for this discussion, it should have been reopened for my request, in my opinion.

I didn’t know about that request SB

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

This is partly why I'm not commenting getting involved. The IBA is closely tied to the Kremlin and mired in corruption. There is reason to be skeptical, but there are also things like the IOC correcting their statement and saying " we didn't mean to say this isn't a DSD case" which gives credence to the claim that the boxers do have DSDs. 

Until there is a test done that can be trusted, everyone will just keep going in circles. 

The IOC tie themselves in knots every press conference over this. There is a test the IOC can order, they just choose not to.

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Adam Peaty's comments about Chinese swimmers (well 2 of them)....thoughts? 

I never knew meat could be contaminated with banned drugs. I have learned my new thing today (after my Japanese)

Just been reading that there. 

Massive part is transparency. Apparently they didn't make the drugs test failures public at the time, which is wrong. 

Add that to at least one of the swimmers testing positive 7 years ago, they should have been banned from the sport completely. 

There should be a zero tolerance to drug usage, and good on Peaty and the Americans highlighting it.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Just been reading that there. 

Massive part is transparency. Apparently they didn't make the drugs test failures public at the time, which is wrong. 

Add that to at least one of the swimmers testing positive 7 years ago, they should have been banned from the sport completely. 

There should be a zero tolerance to drug usage, and good on Peaty and the Americans highlighting it.

I would have to agree. Lack of transparency muddies waters and leads to suspicion but the bottom line is if you are not competing cleanly you are out sin die unless there are VERY exceptional circumstances. It was suggested that even if you were spiked or ate contaminated food unwittingly (and can prove it) then you should still be sanctioned but maybe not banned as the advantage was still there.