Where do we go from here?

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McCrorie over Barron and Diomande in midfield is one of the most mental shouts ever on here.

He’s mainly played right back for what seems like years for a start.

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

McCrorie over Barron and Diomande in midfield is one of the most mental shouts ever on here.

He’s mainly played right back for what seems like years for a start.

McCrorie for us under Gerrard is a better option than Barron (he has done well) and Diomande.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

McCrorie couldn’t even nail down a place in Aberdeens midfield. He was RB there.

The discussion is around that Rangers team then, and his performances then are better than Diomande’s and Barron’s are now. Although, Barron is doing well. 

9 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'd be on my knees begging Muscat to come. Read an article by Kenny miller saying how he is punching. Has the 9th biggest budget in that league yet has them top despite losing about 7 players. Also says that ship has sailed though.

Link to article? Because there's absolutely no way Shanghai Port have the 9th biggest budget in the CSL. They would easily be top 2 or 3. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The discussion is around that Rangers team then, and his performances then are better than Diomande’s and Barron’s are now. Although, Barron is doing well. 

McCrorie wouldn’t even get a game at CM now never mind who he was as a player then.

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Link to article? Because there's absolutely no way Shanghai Port have the 9th biggest budget in the CSL. They would easily be top 2 or 3. 

Pretty sure I read he has the highest budget and have won the league 11 years in a row.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

McCrorie wouldn’t even get a game at CM now never mind who he was as a player then.

I never said he would get a game now, considering I’ve not watched him in a long time, comparing that team then, to this team, he’d be a better option. As would Jack, and Arfield.

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Pretty sure I read he has the highest budget and have won the league 11 years in a row.

No, they won it last year under the previous manager and then before that it was 2018.

Guangzhou Evergrande who won the league about 6 or 7 years in a row have floundered since Evergrande went into financial trouble. They are now in the second division. Jiangsu who were one of the richer clubs went bust at the beginning of the year.

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It was talking about his time ay Yokohama Marinos that article. 

"They’ve got the ninth biggest budget in the J League - it’s a midtable budget"

It says he had a to work with a limited budget and losing seven players over the summer.

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye think I've picked it up wrong. Seems he was talking about the previous club 

"They’ve got the ninth biggest budget in the J League - it’s a midtable budget. He won the league and the equivalent of the charity shield. They lost to Vissel Kobe last weekend so they’re sitting second in the table."

Still think he would be a cracking choice but ship has likely sailed. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-manager-alternative-clement-muscat-33587521

15 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never said he would get a game now, considering I’ve not watched him in a long time, comparing that team then, to this team, he’d be a better option. As would Jack, and Arfield.

He’s a better player now and wouldn’t get a game.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

"They’ve got the ninth biggest budget in the J League - it’s a midtable budget. He won the league and the equivalent of the charity shield. They lost to Vissel Kobe last weekend so they’re sitting second in the table."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-manager-alternative-clement-muscat-33587521

I think he would have been a good choice. From what I read he played a similar style to the aussis wank. We know that works well in the league. 

I certainly think by now it would be very clear the style/approach we were trying for under him. 

Knowing this board but they wouldn't get him the type of players needed to play that way. 

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No, they won it last year under the previous manager and then before that it was 2018.

Guangzhou Evergrande who won the league about 6 or 7 years in a row have floundered since Evergrande went into financial trouble. They are now in the second division. Jiangsu who were one of the richer clubs went bust at the beginning of the year.

Aye you’re right didn’t realise they had a regional sort of thing first.

So Muscat has basically taken over successful clubs?

16 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Aye you’re right didn’t realise they had a regional sort of thing first.

So Muscat has basically taken over successful clubs?

Postecoglu had laid the ground work at Melbourne for their revival before he left and took the Australia job.

He then took over his Yokohama Marinos side. 

Shanghai Port were the reigning league champions when he took over.

I don't think he's really had to build anything from scratch. He's won 2 A League titles but I think if you look at his record its not that great as they have a finals play off system and in the regular season he finished 1, 6, 2 and 4. At the time that was a 10 team competition.

59 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

There's a few things about that. Yokohama Marinos are one of the biggest clubs in the league and the budgets are all relatively similar among the big clubs, with Vissel Kobe over the last few seasons being a bit of an outlier, but that was heavily skewed by them having players like Iniesta and Sergi Samper on the books. So I don't think it's quite the brag that he had the 9th biggest budget, if it's even correct in the first place, which I don't think it is. It's a club that also benefits in kind from being part of the City Group and their scouting network and technical expertise.

The other thing I don't really get is why has the ship sailed for Rangers? The Chinese League is not great, it's a step down from the J. League. Arguably he's gone backwards in club and league stature, so if he had any ambition why not the Rangers job?

59 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There's a few things about that. Yokohama Marinos are one of the biggest clubs in the league and the budgets are all relatively similar among the big clubs, with Vissel Kobe over the last few seasons being a bit of an outlier, but that was heavily skewed by them having players like Iniesta and Sergi Samper on the books. So I don't think it's quite the brag that he had the 9th biggest budget, if it's even correct in the first place, which I don't think it is. It's a club that also benefits in kind from being part of the City Group and their scouting network and technical expertise.

The other thing I don't really get is why has the ship sailed for Rangers? The Chinese League is not great, it's a step down from the J. League. Arguably he's gone backwards in club and league stature, so if he had any ambition why not the Rangers job?

But Kenny Miller said so.

I think at this stage mate I'm just desperate to get shot of Clement. The part about him working with existing players there after losing 7 was intriguing. He's also a hardy bastard.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Knocked back for the job before.

He might very well be thinking board didn't think I was good enough first time round why should I bother.  

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Knocked back for the job before.

He might very well be thinking board didn't think I was good enough first time round why should I bother.  

I get that but apart from Sint Truiden I can't remember any other clubs in Europe really being in for him? And he was sacked there after 15 games or something.

46 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I get that but apart from Sint Truiden I can't remember any other clubs in Europe really being in for him? And he was sacked there after 15 games or something.

Yeah Clememt beat him during his day's at Club Brugge, the same season Brugge knocked out Dynamo Kiev in the UCL qualifiers and got a draw at the Bernabau after going 2 up then romped the league conceding only 14 goals all season getting loads of plaudits along the way. Funny old world.

On 02/09/2024 at 05:18, The Ibrox Derry said:

In fairness, I think Kilmarnock's pre occupation with European football has fucked them in their league start a bit.

I think that's what fucks us every season. The players play out their skin in Europe and couldn't care less about the league. I'm also thinking that the managers and the board put a higher emphasis on Europe. Where has this got us? A high coefficient that has only benefitted one team and it isn't us as they concentrate on the league and we don't. They are crap in Europe because the league is more important. Our board, managers and players don't seem to know this and that has to change. It's only my opinion from what I have been seeing.