the french are saying

dummiesoot

A french sports journo, just on BBC radio said the French were not surprised when PLG left, after the Bazza fiasco. He said it is obvious that PLG still has a huge rep in France, and that they are putting his different (man) management style down as one of the root causes of his failure, it did just not work in Scotland. They also indicated that PLG underestimated the immediacy of the job in hand.

A french sports journo, just on BBC radio said the French were not surprised when PLG left, after the Bazza fiasco. He said it is obvious that PLG still has a huge rep in France, and that they are putting his different (man) management style down as one of the root causes of his failure, it did just not work in Scotland. They also indicated that PLG underestimated the immediacy of the job in hand.

Where as most Rangers fans would just say he was pish! :lol:

Where as most Rangers fans would just say he was pish! :lol:

:lol:

When have the French ever been successful is Scotland ?? , Guivarch , Charbonnier and Boli with us , Mahe at Smeltic , i don't think we can single out a single French player that has been a success however i will stand corrected if someone can tell me a good French player that has made it in Scotland ??

Le Guen will go to PSG and be a success.

The guy is a top coach but was given no help by Murray and didn't realise the game in Scotland/Britain is different than anywhere else.

Plus we need immediate success not next season or season after.

When have the French ever been successful is Scotland ?? , Guivarch , Charbonnier and Boli with us , Mahe at Smeltic , i don't think we can single out a single French player that has been a success however i will stand corrected if someone can tell me a good French player that has made it in Scotland ??

sauzee at hibs

think thats the only one though

When have the French ever been successful is Scotland ?? , Guivarch , Charbonnier  and Boli with us , Mahe at Smeltic , i don't think we can single out a single French player that has been a success however i will stand corrected if someone can tell me a good French player that has made it in Scotland ??

sauzee at hibs

think thats the only one though

Accepted he done well as a player at Hibs - pesh coach though.

You would have thought a good coach could have coached anywhere and obviously we over estimated his abilities

tHAT sums up the scottish mentality

He underestimated our game - how can you under=estimate a game that is of the lowest quality imaginable.

He ca't be a good coach because his methods did not work. - Coaches transfer across Europe without any problem except in Scotland it would seem and that is because we are completely resistant to new ideas.

It is indeed about narrowm indedness. The blood and snotters approach will always win through - except in European competition of course when we are always exposed as being technically inferior.

So what was wrong Alba when we couldnt beat the worst teams in the league, he got players in tried to play his way and still we lost. Our game is our bread and butter and european nights are the reward for success at SPL level. We must win in Scotland playing a battling type of football to earn the right to play fancy football with the big boys, we couldnt even beat the bottom feeders in the league trying new ways.

You would have thought a good coach could have coached anywhere and obviously we over estimated his abilities

strange that eh walter smith is a good coach but was pish at everton but bet your happy he takes over the gers again eh

It didn't work out at Everton as he had no money and was always having to sell the best players, at least one of whom was sold behind his back, so that was an unfair comment to make there mate

Boumsong?

strange that eh walter smith is a good coach but was pish at everton but bet your happy he takes over the gers again eh

It didn't work out at Everton as he had no money and was always having to sell the best players, at least one of whom was sold behind his back, so that was an unfair comment to make there mate

yes, the Chairman promised he was boost Everton in the top 5 or 6 teams in England..with no money :wacko:

Wheras the Man Utds, Liverpools etc all bought big

yes, the Chairman promised he was boost Everton in the top 5 or 6 teams in England..with no money :wacko:

Wheras the Man Utds, Liverpools etc all bought big

still spent at least 20 million and people have short memories as the fans were hounding him out at ibrox in his last season.

When have the French ever been successful is Scotland ?? , Guivarch , Charbonnier  and Boli with us , Mahe at Smeltic , i don't think we can single out a single French player that has been a success however i will stand corrected if someone can tell me a good French player that has made it in Scotland ??

Boumsong?

Stephane Bonnes?

As good a guess at what went on as any.

He underestimated our game - how can you under=estimate a game that is of the lowest quality imaginable.

He ca't be a good coach because his methods did not work. - Coaches transfer across Europe without any problem except in Scotland it would seem and that is because we are completely resistant to new ideas.

It is indeed about narrowm indedness. The blood and snotters approach will always win through - except in European competition of course when we are always exposed as being technically inferior.

Sadly, I have to agree with that. I`m going to stick my neck on the block and say I feel sorry for the man. I honestly thought he would produce the goods but I remember him once saying in a pre appointment interview that he liked to work (financial bit aside) without any restrictions. That definately didn`t happen for him here. He`s been criticised from the word go by the media about everything. It was witchhunt and if things had of gone our way Gordon Strachan would be taking the same flak.

What it means is we`ll NEVER as long as our arses point down the way, EVER achieve anything in Europe. But hey, As long as we beat the tims eh?

Great Post!!