***The Official Barcelona v Rangers Thread***

Muff

I find it really hard to watch games like this, there all over us and there's simply no way we can counter it :(

Looks like this game is dead but - We are basically guarenteed european football after christmas, and a win over Lyon at Ibrox could still move us into the last 16 :rangers:

It is very frustrating to watch. I'd like to see JCD on for the 2nd Half, at the very least. TBF, it should be only 1-0.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 goal could see us squeeze back into it..

going to have to pull the biggest miracle in football to see that though

cousin, on his own up front...useless, nothing good can come of it, its like giving the ball to barca!

Walter will put JCD on, but guys who want them to have a go should be prepared to see 4 or 5 to nil.

I just wish Papac had tried to play Beasley through, he was wide open, 'acres of space' the commentator said, and he was right, after Thuram had pushed forward.

That was painful m8.

1 goal could see us squeeze back into it..

going to have to pull the biggest miracle in football to see that though

cousin, on his own up front...useless, nothing good can come of it, its like giving the ball to barca!

Agreed with the latter statement.

Disapointed by the positioning of Papac at times!

Why is he drifting inside when there is no need to? leaving the left wing side open!

Overall we have kept our shape, apart from that first goal!

Nothing we could realy complain about regarding the second though!!!

We need to come out fighting in the second half and close them down quicker,let them know they are in a game!!

C'mon the Rangers! Get intae Them!!!!

its better they got the second before the break than just after it, we can make the neccesary changes now. switch to 442, get boydinho on.

We should never ever ever go 4-4-2 against Barcelona.

We take the defeat, we make sure its not embarassing and we move on to the next game against Stuttgart.

Barcelona are toying with us and cutting through us when we are playing defensively, if we open up we will be murdered.

Stick to the 4-5-1

that is some of the worst fitba i have us play

runnin aboot like headless chickens

Barca are just toying with us

We can hardly say this is the worst football weve played, for a start we are not playing "football", we are playing getting into positions and marking. We have had the odd bit of possesion, during which we don't look THAT bad - we have to understand we are playing against one of the best teams in Europe in terms of technique and fitness - we probably couldnt expect much better than this...

Its still dissapointing though

If you want to talk miracles.. our only hope is an early goal 2nd half and get a late goal

but thats not going to happen, be realistic, its damage limitation. We still have stuttgart away who are utter shite and Lyon at home who we have already humped, its a group stage.. we knew this game would have been a defeat, its happened, get the chin up and get on with it.

W.A.T.P

Disapointed by the positioning of Papac at times!

Why is he drifting inside when there is no need to? leaving the left wing side open!

Overall we have kept our shape, apart from that first goal!

Nothing we could realy complain about regarding the second though!!!

We need to come out fighting in the second half and close them down quicker,let them know they are in a game!!

C'mon the Rangers! Get intae Them!!!!

Papac and Hutton have to tuck in to help out the centre backs. If your looking for someone to blame wheres McCulloch? If Beasley can help Hutton, McCulloch can help Papac.

The problem is, we're losing and there's basically feck all for us to complain about :lol:.

Barcelona are just too good!

As I say I haven't seen the game but I would have thought a team who can go to Lyon and win 3-0 should be doing better than 2 goals down at half time here, unless the Nou Camp has just sapped their confidence