Are you happy with Webster?

Danny

He has potentiel.............. Should be a solid enough signing.

Am I happy........ I will wait until I have seen him play 10 games before I decide

Only thing that worries me, is that he has only played 3 games in around 10 months

Agreed.

If he's not Beckenbauer in his 1st game I wont, like many people on here do, jump on his back and say he's not good enough.

Of course (tu)

Proven in the SPL

Played well at international level

Still young (24)

And we get to 'try before we buy' (loan deal)

All in all, great deal. We should have signed him instead of J-Rod when we had the chance a couple of seasons ago.

If he plays well we've no chance of getting him, unless the stipulation to buy for a million for example, is already in place.

But I'll stick my neck out and say I'm happy he's here.

Well done Bain!

I'm kinda happy myself, in a way. It's good to see a well-regarded Scot join us, even if I'm not wholly convinced by him.

I just await being proven wrong about not truly rating him.

Why are we signing players with no manager in place. Shouldn't he have a say in who's coming and going.

Well if we dont sign players with no Manager, We will end up having the same squad of players after January, which will not make the fans happy.

We would have lost out on Webster and we will lose out on Brown and Thomson as Celtic have made an offical bid for both players.

From what I understand Kevin Thompson is more inclined to join Celtic, while Brown is a bluenose and wants to join us.

Im one of the only ones hoping we keep Clement, I think he's a better centre-mid than Thompson, but I'd have Brown in a minute.

I'll reserve judgement on Webster, though like others I've never been convinced of his quality. As I've stated a few times before Brown, and especially Thomson, are no better than we already have at the club. Only my opinion though, and if we do sign them I'll still cheer them on.

From what I understand Kevin Thompson is more inclined to join Celtic, while Brown is a bluenose and wants to join us.

Im one of the only ones hoping we keep Clement, I think he's a better centre-mid than Thompson, but I'd have Brown in a minute.

I hope we keep Clement as well, i think he is absolute class and has shown that so far this season. Then maby next year we can offload him and get a good amount for him.

However i dont think he will stay because i thouht the only reason he came was because of PLG

Why are we signing players with no manager in place. Shouldn't he have a say in who's coming and going.

Well if we dont sign players with no Manager, We will end up having the same squad of players after January, which will not make the fans happy.

We would have lost out on Webster and we will lose out on Brown and Thomson as Celtic have made an offical bid for both players.

According to the reports and earlier posts, the Webster deal was hatched some weeks ago with Le Gone's approval. Bain has been doing the behind scenes work clearing the way with EUFA (that's why its a loan) and we could not complete the process until the transfer window opened on the 2nd. (Anyway the new man, Smith, made himcaptian of Scotland B in November, a nice endorsement :P:P

If they are in for Brown and Thomson, it will be interesting to see what happens - reports are that Brown's a Bluenose and Thomson isn't but both would sign for us if the deal's right.

i think we were always were going for webster only we didn't get him in Summer due to that EUFA ruling.

Could Wigan have been doing us a favour taking him first since their owner also owns JJB?

Thats what i heard, quite interesting, no?

Yeah it is interesting that, was just something that i thought of, if it is true then cheers to Wigan!

:D