* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

They’re about to sign Edouard for a record fee apparently. I think that’s great btw. 

11 goals in 29 games I think, also no-one seems to remember he has a suspended prison sentence for shooting an air rifle at cunts in Paris. 

Bit of a loose cannon, be interesting to see how Rodgers and his ego clash, especially to the tune of a transfer record which wouldn’t go down to well with Panama Des. 

Obviously the media are portraying it as the great cellic helping out their mates PSG to pay their FFP bill  :lol: 

Didnt he score a few against us? Mind you, everyone did...

Wonder what kind of player he is when not getting his own way.

Just now, Ryju84 said:

Didnt he score a few against us? Mind you, everyone did...

Wonder what kind of player he is when not getting his own way.

Aye they all may has well have. There’s almost all of them, especially Rodgers signings not played under the slightest bit of pressure yet and if they have the perception that the Scottish league is a piece of piss, which it has been for them, and we start well it’d be interesting to see how they and the manager react to it. 

There’s a right few loose cannons and bitter fucks in that dressing room so I don’t think all would be well if we got off to a decent start against the tougher opponents in the league 

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Edouard's a good player but I don't think them spending that sort of money on someone who doesn't improve what they've got just now is a bad thing

He’s no better the what they’ve got, and the fact that they’re ‘splashing the cash’ on him doesn’t actually strengthen their team from last year. Still the same players, just with £5-8m down the pan instead of a loan. 

1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Edouard's a good player but I don't think them spending that sort of money on someone who doesn't improve what they've got just now is a bad thing

It reeks of Rodgers wanting to splash the cash and get a big name in to appease the fans. 

If they spend anything near £10million for him, it's a big gamble. They picked up Dembele for about £500k, and he's arguably the better striker

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s no better the what they’ve got, and the fact that they’re ‘splashing the cash’ on him doesn’t actually strengthen their team from last year. Still the same players, just with £5-8m down the pan instead of a loan. 

Yeah that's what I said.

I'd be delighted if they spunk close to 10million on this cunt as been reported......he looks as if he will be dembeles replacement should a bidding war take place for dembele after his world cup exploits.....oh wait a minute?

I think it'll be closer to £5m than £10m but either way it's fantastic for us, it's a pretty ridiculous transfer from their part let's be honest. 

Spending a club record fee on a player that doesn't improve them from last season and will likely be their 3rd choice striker. Madness. Will they make a good profit on him if it's closer to the £5m mark? Probably yeah, but in terms of them spending money to get further away from us this year, this deal is just using up their resources and not making that happen. Hopefully they spunk £10m on Patrick Roberts too. 

Just now, Supersonic said:

SSN are reporting they're closing in on him for £9m :lol:

Mentioned something about how they could've got him for half that last year and that they have until Saturday before he's shopped to other teams.

Hopefully they get it done before Saturday then! 

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

If that was us I'd be gutted we weren't spending £9m on some other cunt. All the tims will lap this up to no end :lol:

They could have went out and got a top quality CB and a top quality RB and made their already excellent squad further out of sight but instead they've chucked all their money on a 3rd choice striker who was already here last season. Love it.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That’s fantastic news. Most they’ll make on him is 2-3 million anyway cause the Scottish league is a dive. 

£9 million for an 11 goal striker, amazing. 

Really don’t see them spending anything like that. 

They may want the gullible bastards to believe that is their market but I very much doubt it.  Brendan does seem to admire a Black fella though, so who knows. 

1 minute ago, markem said:

Really don’t see them spending anything like that. 

They may want the gullible bastards to believe that is their market but I very much doubt it.  Brendan does seem to admire a Black fella though, so who knows. 

I don't see any reason why the figure wouldn't be correct. They've been trying to do a deal for ages now and now they only have 2 days left to finish it so they've gone for it. People like to say the media is bullshit but every piece of transfer news out there comes from the media. celtic fans we're saying our £8m bids for Morelos were bullshit but they weren't. I see no reason to believe the £9m isn't true.

Don't get my wrong though, Edouard is a good player, he's only 20 years old and mostly came off the bench last season and played well against us in his start. I would definitely want a striker like that at Rangers, but at £9m in their strongest position it's pretty poor management from them unless they sell Dembele or Griffiths. 

Just now, Broxi said:

I don't see any reason why the figure wouldn't be correct. They've been trying to do a deal for ages now and now they only have 2 days left to finish it so they've gone for it. People like to say the media is bullshit but every piece of transfer news out there comes from the media. celtic fans we're saying our £8m bids for Morelos were bullshit but they weren't. I see no reason to believe the £9m isn't true.

Don't get my wrong though, Edouard is a good player, he's only 20 years old and mostly came off the bench last season and played well against us in his start. I would definitely want a striker like that at Rangers, but at £9m in their strongest position it's pretty poor management from them unless they sell Dembele or Griffiths. 

I personally don’t see them breaking their transfer record on him, a guy that couldn't cement a place as a starter last year and for the reasons you’ve given at the end of your post. 

TBH I would be surprised to see them spend that at any time. 

If they do they do, fuck them. 

Archived