* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

10 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

The damage is done they have 30m. I would take Rangers getting beat in the CL groups if it meant us getting that much cash. 

Don't understand how bears still watch their games. We have enough problems of our own.

To spend on their current inflated operating costs.

Back into the overdraft come May (like last May and the year before that and that and that) despite that 30 million.

See when we were spunking 60 million a year at least we were getting the likes of Gazza, Laudrup, Jelavic and Mendes.

They have Scott Brown :lol:

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, KingKirk said:

apparently they had billboards with the slogan this is what it feels like to be in the champions league operational moments after the game throughout Glasgow. I look forward to Glasgow city council funding our celebration's when the time comes

pricks

Think the billboard company is owned by Chris Trainer who is the scums 2nd or 3rd biggest shareholder.

27 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Back into the overdraft come May (like last May and the year before that and that and that) despite that 30 million.

See when we were spunking 60 million a year at least we were getting the likes of Gazza, Laudrup, Jelavic and Mendes.

I am afraid this is blue tinted glasses and trying to not admit where we are. Gazza etc was a different era....now even Everton are buying people for 45m. Laudrup would be worth 50m in today's market. You can't compare now.

Just like when we were in the lower divisions they hardly spent any cash. They didnt need to as the league was already won.

They saved it for when we came back and brought in the Tranny. If we e.g. got investment and started improving they would use the money to buy big and improve. If nobody can realise that then you are in dreamland.

This is the worst situation we have been in and I can't see a short term plan to get even near level. If you can then let me know. Currently we are struggling to finish 2nd. We are a long way off.

You can call me what you want but everything above is accurate without being blinded by the no surrender stuff. I want to stuff the nappy rippers as much as anyone and we can in a one off game. But over a season we are miles off.

3 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

I am afraid this is blue tinted glasses and trying to not admit where we are. Gazza etc was a different era....now even Everton are buying people for 45m. Laudrup would be worth 50m in today's market. You can't compare now.

Just like when we were in the lower divisions they hardly spent any cash. They didnt need to as the league was already won.

They saved it for when we came back and brought in the Tranny. If we e.g. got investment and started improving they would use the money to buy big and improve. If nobody can realise that then you are in dreamland.

This is the worst situation we have been in and I can't see a short term plan to get even near level. If you can then let me know. Currently we are struggling to finish 2nd. We are a long way off.

You can call me what you want but everything above is accurate without being blinded by the no surrender stuff. I want to stuff the nappy rippers as much as anyone and we can in a one off game. But over a season we are miles off.

Aye, you do realise how their finances work......

2 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

I am afraid this is blue tinted glasses and trying to not admit where we are. 

:lol:

All great except their accounts show quite clearly they didn't stock pile any cash. Hate to break it you. Unless of course you're claiming they did and hid it from companies house auditors? Which would be serious financial fraud.

Saying it again: They've needed their overdraft every year for the last 4.

Companies rolling cash don't use their overdrafts :lol:

They make enough to break even at best.

I suggest you get onto companies house website and have a look at their books for yourself.

As for where we are, I never addressed that so no idea why you feel the need to claim I have my head in the sand over it.

13 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

What I've been saying is we need to stop spunking money every year on teams which are never going to get anywhere near them. We really ought to have been doing this in the lower leagues. Shoestring teams and build up a warchest to have a proper go at trying to beat them. We're about 5 years away from them at our current rate of development, it's frightening. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Maybe you should take your own advice as you keep spouting lies in here, not sure if it's to delude yourself the scum are not in a good financial position or you just don't understand accounts?

They had £19 million net cash at bank and posted a £21m profit for accounts to December 2016. In essence they could wipe out of all of their debt, you do understand the most financially sound clubs in world football all have large debts and overdrafts as well?

That net cash figure is only going to increase come December 2017 due to CL money unless they decide to spend a few million on transfer fees.

Somebody sensible at last.

No wonder we can't move forward when some of our fans think we are doing fine and the tims are shite and have no money. Frightening that what some people think these days.

Be realistic.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Maybe you should take your own advice as you keep spouting lies in here, not sure if it's to delude yourself the scum are not in a good financial position or you just don't understand accounts?

They had £19 million net cash at bank and posted a £21m profit for accounts to December 2016. In essence they could wipe out of all of their debt, you do understand the most financially sound clubs in world football all have large debts and overdrafts as well?

That net cash figure is only going to increase come December 2017 due to CL money unless they decide to spend a few million on transfer fees.

Yes most clubs have debt and an overdraft. No-one is claiming those clubs have a massive stash of cash just sitting in a jar in the boardroom though are they? In fact they are the only club I can think of who's supporters think that/are allowed to believe that.

The don't just have an overdraft, they've consistently used it. No issue with that as far as I'm concerned until people start claiming they are or have been stockpiling cash for 5 years.

Year end 2016 net cash was 3.6m down from 4.7 the previous year. Profit year end 2016, 0.5 million.

despite the CL income. Despite 12m in player sales.

They make 60 they spend 60. Give or take. And I would love for us to be in that position. Its a strong position, I'm not arguing against that but I'll be fucked if I'm letting this myth of them lining their jerseys with gold they're so well off go unchallenged.

They're not rolling in cash.

/discussion

3 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

No wonder we can't move forward when some of our fans think we are doing fine and the tims are shite and have no money. Frightening that what some people think these days.

Be realistic.

They are miles ahead of us....we need serious investment to catch them. Down to the Board.

12 minutes ago, BlueMexican said:

Be realistic.

Being realistic would involve taking a whole years accounts into consideration and not just the first 6 months of financial year. Our half year accounts 7 years ago would have been similar. Correct if I'm wrong but in spite of that they've had us in financial meltdown since 2003. Similar numbers, vastly different portrayal.

A bigger dose of realism would be to argue the points being made and not putting words into peoples mouths. No-one said they were shit and no-one said they have no money.

Last seasons end net cash and profit are post in my reply above.

20 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Being realistic would involve taking a whole years accounts into consideration and not just the first 6 months of financial year. Our half year accounts 7 years ago would have been similar. Correct if I'm wrong but in spite of that they've had us in financial meltdown since 2003. Similar numbers, vastly different portrayal.

A bigger dose of realism would be to argue the points being made and not putting words into peoples mouths. No-one said they were shit and no-one said they have no money.

Last seasons end net cash and profit are post in my reply above.

No doubt BM is a tarrier, but you're either deluding yourself or have no clue. Either way you're wrong. 

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Jelavic and Mendes in the same sentence as Gazza and Laudrup :lol:

I noticed they got beat last night they are not all that we just need a manager who sits and goes ah rite so they are vulnerable here,here and here then fucking go at them like 10 tall indians and smash fuck out them cause if those pair a pricks strutt around Ibrox again I think it will be more than 1 jumping on the pitch.

I have said it until blue in the face get in about Brown for 90mins as everything goes through him and they will crumble.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Yes most clubs have debt and an overdraft. No-one is claiming those clubs have a massive stash of cash just sitting in a jar in the boardroom though are they? In fact they are the only club I can think of who's supporters think that/are allowed to believe that.

The don't just have an overdraft, they've consistently used it. No issue with that as far as I'm concerned until people start claiming they are or have been stockpiling cash for 5 years.

Year end 2016 net cash was 3.6m down from 4.7 the previous year. Profit year end 2016, 0.5 million.

They make 60 they spend 60. Give or take. And I would love for us to be in that position. Its a strong position, I'm not arguing against that but I'll be fucked if I'm letting this myth of them lining their jerseys with gold they're so well off go unchallenged.

/discussion

It's not as black and white as that. Companies use overdraft facilities when they have money in the bank, just like people do. 

I could have a mortgage of £200k, savings in ISAs, bonds etc as well as savings accounts, and still use a credit card and my overdraft. With interest rates being the lowest they've ever been, why wouldn't you? 

They are rolling in dosh compared to the rest of scottish football, in the last 2 years they'll have brought in over £60million ontop of any prize money, sponsorship deals etc (and they are miles ahead of us in terms of sponsorship figures). 

Yes they have a player budget about twice the size of ours, but they've been bringing in around 6 times the amount we do each season they qualify for the CL. Celtic can go and spend £4-5 million on a young player from Man City, we are nowhere near that. The only thing stopping them spending big is their biscuit tin mentality. 

3 hours ago, BlueMexican said:

See anybody who uses this phrase; they are without a shred of doubt despicably depraved sicko-weirdfucks.

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

/discussion

They never had champions league money in them figures and the revenue for the whole year was 52m. The 6 months between July 2016 and Dec 2016 turnover was 61.2 m which was up 94.7%. June 2017 figures will probably be about 80-90m turnover.

They have a decent business model which involves qualifying for the champions league 3 years out of 5 and selling players.

Despite us talking about it I can still see no evidence of any players on our books who we could potentially sell in a few years for a decent profit.

Next year there is more money for the Europa League also so it is imperative we have European football during the season.

41 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

now, as i recall the last time celtic beat a team at home in the CL group was Ajax in October 2013. Where does this optimism come from? its completely unfounded -  and Ajax are not what i would have called a big team.

Ajax are a big team.

They'll say Barca at every single opportunity.

2 hours ago, EdwardBlake said:

See anybody who uses this phrase; they are without a shred of doubt despicably depraved sicko-weirdfucks.

I'm of the opinion that anybody that actually touches weans are the depraved sicko weirdfucks, not so much those that call them out, but then I'm a gers fan and no a sad fenian impostering as a gers fan ????

2 hours ago, EdwardBlake said:

Bit worse fucking  kids wouldn't you say?

Or again even worse is allowing the raping  of kids to happen and then just covering it up and then rehiring said child rapist.

Then again it's the Glasgow celtic way

Archived