What is with the ill-feeling against Cousin?

Danny

Hardly anti-Cousin. All I said was that his body language and attitude at times is p*sh, he looks lazy and uninterested at times, at others he looks good.

£2-3million is too good to turn down tho

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly anti-Cousin. All I said was that his body language and attitude at times is p*sh, he looks lazy and uninterested at times, at others he looks good.

£2-3million is too good to turn down tho

I agree entirely with those comments! (tu)

The Sebo chants were embarrasing, he couldnt even do the basics. I hated it when fans chanted Seeebo, the opposition just laughed at us. Thank f*ck he'll never wear the Rangers jersey again!

Extraordinary how Cousin & Boyd get slaughtered yet the likes of Sebo got backed (td)

Sebo was and is f**king joke and I for one never back him!

Aye, those Seeeeebo chants were quite cringeworthy.

I got told he scored 2 goals at the weekend there!

Another one of PLG misfits!

People see Cousin as an "I don't give a shit" type of guy. Novo is the complete opposite, yet Cousin is 10x the player Novo is. And people (well, some) would rather have Novo in the team.

Fans like a trier I guess.

:blink:

Nice to see the arguments rage, but this is true:

D Cousin has played quite well for us.

I would like to see him and JCD link up in a few SPL games to see how it works out - pretty good I would think especially vs Celtic

Having said that, if we are offered 3m for him I would sell him in an instance given his age and his position.

Please note:

Danny and PB have been antagonists over Poofel for years. I wonder who is right? ha ha!

He's being linked away, yet while he's been absolutely excellent since he joined he is getting some pretty heavy criticism from many quarters.

And I cannot fathom even remotely why that's the case.

Scored on his debut, then scored quite a fair few after that including a peach against Lyon - did a stellar job alone up front at Ibrox against Barca, and regularly looks a totally class act.

He and JCD changed the game against ICT - until they came on we looked stale. He was also the only player to remotely perform during that horror show at Tynecastle.

So why are increasing numbers of our supporters really quite happy to get rid of him?

Many seem to be saying 'well £3M quid is a good deal'. Well, yes, it is - but wouldn't you rather have an established class act up front for 2 or 3 years than selling him then having to spend money on another player who may not work out?

I am really confused as to the motivation behind the desire of many of us fans that we wanna see the back of the player.

It has me lost.

I think you go way OTT. He's not been 'absolutely excellent' and a 'giant' since he joined...he's looked pretty good and looks as if he might turn out to be a very good signing in the long run. He certainly has not proved himself to be so yet. You'll be putting up for the hall of fame next :) I think what people are saying is that if someone came in in January with a £3,000,000 offer they'd take it. That is certainly not 'hating' the bloke.

BTW...while I agree with you that body language does not really indicate a player's attitudes, I think it can be very important to how the support views you. Boyd is a good example of that.

I dont really see any ill-feeling against him.

The reason I would accept an offer like that is first of all his age, 2nd of all he comes across as very lazy on the pitch (even lazier than boyd) and finally because with him off the books naismith would get more opportunities and I'd like to see more of naismith.

I think you go way OTT. He's not been 'absolutely excellent' and a 'giant' since he joined...

I think he has.

he's looked pretty good and looks as if he might turn out to be a very good signing in the long run. He certainly has not proved himself to be so yet.

I believe he has been a fine acquisition in the short term, I agree the long term cannot be foreseen.

You'll be putting up for the hall of fame next :)

Wait till he gets a hat trick against the tims :)

I think what people are saying is that if someone came in in January with a £3,000,000 offer they'd take it. That is certainly not 'hating' the bloke.

That isn't, no. But saying 'good riddance' and 'attitude is a disgrace' and 'doesn't want to be here' etc qualifies as harsh, if I am generous.

BTW...while I agree with you that body language does not really indicate a player's attitudes, I think it can be very important to how the support views you. Boyd is a good example of that.

In this case it may explain the harsh treatment he is getting. Just wish supporters wouldn't judge him by how he looks, and only by how he plays.

I dont really see any ill-feeling against him.

The reason I would accept an offer like that is first of all his age, 2nd of all he comes across as very lazy on the pitch (even lazier than boyd) and finally because with him off the books naismith would get more opportunities and I'd like to see more of naismith.

I think he works much harder than Boyd. But it seems to be a potaytoes potahtoes argument in a way.

I think what people are saying is that if someone came in in January with a £3,000,000 offer they'd take it. That is certainly not 'hating' the bloke.

That isn't, no. But saying 'good riddance' and 'attitude is a disgrace' and 'doesn't want to be here' etc qualifies as harsh, if I am generous.

I agree there...no nead for that.

Danny, I believe everyone who has said good riddance to him has always indicated that's an if he wants to go.

Nothing wrong with wanting rid of someone who doesn't want to be at the club, as you say though that's sheer speculation but then that's all we have to go on.

No one has doubted his abilities, but some of us have questioned his desire to be here, quite rightly so as he has genuinely looked uninterested at times.

I'll be first to come out and admit I'm wrong if all the speculation turns out to be nothing

But my gut feeling is he wants to play in the Premiership, I had that same feeling with Boumsong

What do they have in connection?

Danny, I believe everyone who has said good riddance to him has always indicated that's an if he wants to go.

Nothing wrong with wanting rid of someone who doesn't want to be at the club, as you say though that's sheer speculation but then that's all we have to go on.

No one has doubted his abilities, but some of us have questioned his desire to be here, quite rightly so as he has genuinely looked uninterested at times.

I'll be first to come out and admit I'm wrong if all the speculation turns out to be nothing

But my gut feeling is he wants to play in the Premiership, I had that same feeling with Boumsong

What do they have in connection?

Willie McKay is their agent. So perhaps its more to do with him advertising them to other clubs.

Probably because he's always going round the clubs saying, hey i've got this player here, you interested? I can imagine it saves us a bit of hassle looking for players, putting in bids, getting them rejected and trying again etc etc. He just says oh, my clients is unhappy, or he wants a move.

I can only assume its convenient for us. eg, Faye.

Then don't!

Too many people lapped up the rumours as if they were fact, and seemed to condemn the lad before he even said anything.