Lesson to be learned.

Budswiser

I hope WS takes on board the similarities between Scotland having to beat Italy in the last game and our own possible do or die versus Lyon.

The Scotland-Georgia game seemed to be an aside to the Italy game and we seen what happened there.

Walter should be going for the 3 points in Stuttgart and not depending on beating Lyon at Ibrox, i,m hearing a lot of "the Stuttgart game doesn,t really matter if we get beat" dangerous talk as we dont want to go into the Lyon game on the back of 2 defeats and you never know what can happen, especially in european games, dodgy refs, decisions, injuries.

Thoughts?

I hope WS takes on board the similarities between Scotland having to beat Italy in the last game and our own possible do or die versus Lyon.

The Scotland-Georgia game seemed to be an aside to the Italy game and we seen what happened there.

Walter should be going for the 3 points in Stuttgart and not depending on beating Lyon at Ibrox, i,m hearing a lot of "the Stuttgart game doesn,t really matter if we get beat" dangerous talk as we dont want to go into the Lyon game on the back of 2 defeats and you never know what can happen, especially in european games, dodgy refs, decisions, injuries.

Thoughts?

Spot on we must go for the win in Stuttgart rather than relying on other results (tu)

Thoughts?

i fully agree with that (tu)

Exactly what I said in my thread below - see "Similarities" thread below.

Apologies nvager, missed that thread

Is and was a great idea for a fifth post (tu)

Welcome to the board!

Cheers Boab,

Hopefully a bit more originality the next time. :beer2:

Exactly what I said in my thread below - see "Similarities" thread below.

Apologies nvager, missed that thread

Is and was a great idea for a fifth post (tu)

Welcome to the board!

Cheers Boab,

Hopefully a bit more originality the next time. :beer2:

WELCOME TO RM, Buddy!! Look forward to many more great posts!

:beer2: :beer2:

Welcome aboard, Bud.

I agree with you. I think we should be looking for the win in Germany, and not relying on beating Lyon.

Having said that, even if we beat Stuttgart I still think we will need to take something off Lyon.

Agree, we need to go after the 3 x ponts against Stuttgart and not be put in an embarrassing position like Scotland of last night. Despite us winning in Lyon, me thinks, that Lyon may be jsut the better team and we cannot afford to allow them a "sneak in the door" -as they may have nothing to lose and skill and quality may just come thru, like Italy last evening.

Hope you are watching Walter - restore some pride !

We need to go for the 3 points by defending in numbers, then hoping to get a goal somehow. Any idea of starting with an attacking formation is just suicidal.

Dunno about defending in numbers, we can't hope to defend totally for 90 mins away from home but definitely pack the midfield to contain and stifle them, then hit them on the break ala lyon away. :pipe:

We need to go for the 3 points by defending in numbers, then hoping to get a goal somehow. Any idea of starting with an attacking formation is just suicidal.

Dunno about defending in numbers, we can't hope to defend totally for 90 mins away from home but definitely pack the midfield to contain and stifle them, then hit them on the break ala lyon away. :pipe:

I personally hate watching us invite teams on to us for most of the game. I agree with BL pack the midfield and try to at least create something when the chance arises, we wont create much on our 18 yard line. :rangers:

I personally hate watching us invite teams on to us for most of the game. I agree with BL pack the midfield and try to at least create something when the chance arises, we wont create much on our 18 yard line. :rangers:

I hate watching it as well, but it works mostly. Being too attack minded is only asking for trouble. One striker to start the game, bring a second on mid way through the 2nd half if we need a goal.

Think it's suicidal to take any of these games lightly, and here's hoping to God no one at the club will. We've been humbled more times than I care to remember thinking that way, both the Gers and the National team. Agree though about inviting teams to attack us - still drives me mad mental, even if it has paid off on a number of occasions. Just hope if we need to add another attacker in the 2nd Half, we don't wait until it's far too late to do so.

The formation we play just now drives me nuts, because yes it requires good organisation, but it also relies on good fortune, because against Barca (at ibrox) and Lyon away we gave away many freekicks around the box and we got lucky Juninho and Ronaldinho did not have their best matches those nights. You also have to create chances yourself, which on some occassions has not been our forte. The problem is also how predictable we will be perceived by the opposition and at some point we will be undone. We need something up our sleeves.

I still believe that we should give the opponents some thing to worry about in their half rather than inviting them to dominate possession and attack at will.Play 4 in midfield and a pacy 2 upfront.

Many happy returns docspiderman, and many more of them :beer2: