Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ever since Smith took over at Ibrox a year and a half ago, in light of his success with the national team and Miller's fine displays under him, there have been regular murmurs that with our manager and assistant rating him highly, he may become a transfer target.

Quite clearly over the past week these have gathered serious pace with several media outlets reporting our alleged interest.

The club's deafening silence over the issue suggests the interest is sincere.

We have even had Edgar publicly renouncing the signature, it being his place to do so being up for question - but his points were valid.

Kenny Miller WOULD be the most controversial signature since Maurice Johnston. However, unlike Mojo Miller's not a tremendous player - he was poor for the tims overall, and while he did well at times for Scotland, he is not exactly regarded as one of the better strikers this country has produced over the years.

If Rangers had signed Larsson, let us be honest most of us would have loved it because, sadly, he was a world class player who is one of the best imports our league has been graced by.

But this is not a Larsson, this is a Miller - a chronically average striker whose career has been hovering around mediocrity for its duration.

So why does Smith want him, if indeed he does? Is it a football or politics move? We already have a Kenny Miller type player in Novo, 2 if you count JCD. So we don't NEED him.

However, and herein is the crux of my argument - could Smith be wanting Miller BECAUSE the fans don't? As in a way of showing that he runs Rangers and we don't, and for all the influence organisations like the RST and RSA think they have, they can't dictate anything to the boss.

We know he's stubborn, very stubborn. Is this a way of showing just how little the views of the fans matter to him?

I feel you're not too far off the mark. Let's be blunt here, what could Misser do that Sebo couldn't (yes, neither could score goals!)? There would have been other alternatives to Misser who could no be any worse and cost no more like Colin Nish or Andy Driver. Not that keen on either of them but neither would have brought the kind of grief that Misser would and in terms of ability we'd be no worse off team-wise.

IMO, if your theory is correct, then Smith has either lost the plot, this is the 'old pals' act with the Scotland set-up or he is attempting to assert his authority. Whatever, because Walter is playing with fire in this one. If signed, at a minimum, Misser will have be at least as good as Mark Hateley, EVERY week, WITHOUT FAIL, to keep the boo-boys off his back and frankly I see no evidence of this happening unless there is a some other surprise lined up (which I seriously doubt).

Walter may think he is pulling a smart one but he might find that his authority -and our patience- are not limitless and should not be taken for granted.

Do we really need another Kenny Miller thread?

Do you try to live up to your moniker or its the most appropriate name in the history of internet forums?

Miller agent says no Gers contact

Striker Kenny Miller has been attracting a lot of attention

Kenny Miller's agent has told BBC Scotland that there has been no contact from Rangers regarding a summer move to Ibrox for the striker.

David Baldwin has not spoken to the Glasgow side about such a move, and that the striker's current club Derby have also had no contact with Rangers.

And he said the former Celtic player has a number of potential suitors.

"At the moment there are a few clubs interested in Kenny, but there has been no approach from Rangers," he said.

Miller has scored six goals in 30 games for the Pride Park side this season. And having had a previous stint at Rangers, Baldwin says hints of a return are just speculation.

"Obviously with Kenny having played for Rangers before, some people have played on that to suggest a return there," he said

He is currently on international duty in preparation for friday's friendly with the Czech Republic in Prague on Friday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nty/7422674.stm

Look - I don't think we should sign Miller either but the suggestion that it is a ludicrous idea which Smith is only considering to show the fans who is in charge is ridiculous.

Loads of people on this board want Boyd to be a regular starter - in order for that to happen he will need a partner who has pace, will run all day and pull defenders about to allow Boyd to find space in the box - in other words a player exactly like Miller.

Personally I'd like to see us sign someone like Miller but, err... better. However to suggest that Smith has lost it to even consider him is daft.

Miller is a lazy bastard, just ask the Derby fans!

I don't need to ask the Derby fans - I've seen him playing often enough for Scotland to know that is rubbish.

(I can't believe I'm defending Miller but that is cr*p)

Hi everyone, I have been off the forum for a few days ( I do like my fishing !! ). Anyway, has Kenny Miller been signed or not ?.

Personally, I hope not, if he has, although I only get to about a dozen games or so each year ( well, I am overseas !! ), I will boo and shout abuse at him at each game I am able to attend, no question !.

He played for "them", which is almost acceptable, however, under no circumstances should he be welcomed back into our club after "kissing" their badge.

Surely ! this should not be debatable ?. I just hope he isn't a Rangers player next season . . . . . . . . . . .

Hi everyone, I have been off the forum for a few days ( I do like my fishing !! ). Anyway, has Kenny Miller been signed or not ?.

Personally, I hope not, if he has, although I only get to about a dozen games or so each year ( well, I am overseas !! ), I will boo and shout abuse at him at each game I am able to attend, no question !.

He played for "them", which is almost acceptable, however, under no circumstances should he be welcomed back into our club after "kissing" their badge.

Surely ! this should not be debatable ?. I just hope he isn't a Rangers player next season . . . . . . . . . . .

according to the bbc website his agent and Derby havent had contact with rangers............................yet lol

Miller is a lazy bastard, just ask the Derby fans!

I don't need to ask the Derby fans - I've seen him playing often enough for Scotland to know that is rubbish.

(I can't believe I'm defending Miller but that is cr*p)

Again ask the Derby fans. One of the many negative things they say about him is that he s lazy.