Kenny Miller Total Discussion Thread

McBoyd

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter doesnt give a fuck what we think he will run the team the way he wants.

Im unsure as to whether this is a good or bad thing, ill tell you at the end of next season when I make my mind up.

:pipe:

Chicken. ;) I said in another thread...you got to admire Smith's bottle if he goes for Miller.

Dont get me wrong I dont want him here, but people are going to have to get used to the idea because it looks like its happening.

WTF - why not TRUST the manager who gave us such a great season. Who cares who he signs as long as they/the team perform!

Because then there would be no forum, it would just be us all saying how great Walter Smith was :rolleyes:

I don't think we need a petition. If 50,000 Rangers fans singing 'You can stick your Kenny Miller...' is not enough to show Walter what we think then getting a few hundred to sign an Internet page is going to achieve fuck all.

Im unsure as to whether this is a good or bad thing, ill tell you at the end of next season when I make my mind up.

Chicken. ;) I said in another thread...you got to admire Smith's bottle if he goes for Miller.

Dont get me wrong I dont want him here, but people are going to have to get used to the idea because it looks like its happening.

Looks that way.

MyOhMy, all of the dafties are out tonight... Get a grip and grow up, time to move on. Sometimes I despair about our support, I remember when Souness was taking over and the stoochie about "We canny have him he's married to a Tim", then No way Maurice Johnstone will sign for us, then "Whit' Amorouso captain of the mighty Gers no way". so what if he played for Celtic, if the management deems him good enough then thats good enough for me, at least if he does sign, give him a chance, as I would any player. This is the 21st century not the 17th century, don't you think we should drop our baggage and move on, after all life is too short.

Oh by the way, just in case you think I am sticking this in to cause a din. Naw. I hate Celtic big time, but, I would love to see us move on and ditch the religious bigotry side of ourselves.

Cheers, waiting the onslought. :gallows:

Who mentioned religion?

Sorry if it's a repost...

Kenny Miller's agent has told BBC Scotland that there has been no contact from Rangers regarding a summer move to Ibrox for the striker.

David Baldwin has not spoken to the Glasgow side about such a move, and that the striker's current club Derby have also had no contact with Rangers.

And he said the former Celtic player has a number of potential suitors.

"At the moment there are a few clubs interested in Kenny, but there has been no approach from Rangers," he said.

Miller has scored six goals in 30 games for the Pride Park side this season. And having had a previous stint at Rangers, Baldwin says hints of a return are just speculation.

"Obviously with Kenny having played for Rangers before, some people have played on that to suggest a return there," he said

He is currently on international duty in preparation for friday's friendly with the Czech Republic in Prague on Friday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nty/7422674.stm

Sorry mate, this idea to me is a load of rubbish. A few things:

1. We don't actually know if Miller is going to be signing for Rangers.

2. Irrespective of our feelings about this possible signing, Walter will choose players he thinks will improve the team and bring us success.

3. There is a question mark over why we don't want him? Is it because we don't think he is good enough for Rangers, or because he played for Celtic? Would be useful if fans could be brutally honest about this question.

4. Can Miller actually do a job for us? The few times he has been partnered with Boyd for Scotland, it has been a pretty succesful partnership.

5. Miller has worked with both Walter and Ally when they managed Scotland, so shouldn't we trust their judgement and forget all of they, "he played for Celtic rubbish", so did Mo Johnston, and he did well for us.

6. I wonder if he does sign, and at the end of the season because he is managed well he is a success for us what we would be saying then?

Looks that way.

:(

MyOhMy, all of the dafties are out tonight... Get a grip and grow up, time to move on. Sometimes I despair about our support, I remember when Souness was taking over and the stoochie about "We canny have him he's married to a Tim", then No way Maurice Johnstone will sign for us, then "Whit' Amorouso captain of the mighty Gers no way". so what if he played for Celtic, if the management deems him good enough then thats good enough for me, at least if he does sign, give him a chance, as I would any player. This is the 21st century not the 17th century, don't you think we should drop our baggage and move on, after all life is too short.

Oh by the way, just in case you think I am sticking this in to cause a din. Naw. I hate Celtic big time, but, I would love to see us move on and ditch the religious bigotry side of ourselves.

Cheers, waiting the onslought. :gallows:

This has hee-haw to do with religion, either Misser's or anyone else's. Misser left Celtic Park under a cloud because he was not good enough: four SPL goals and out of the team for four months running? No wonder Celtic are wetting themselves laughing at this: first the league on a plate and now this farce of a transfer <cr> !

Misser was not good enough to hold a regular place in two of the worst EPL sides in the history of England's top league (that's Wolves and Derby, BTW) and now Rangers are paying £1.6 million (the same as Celtic's fee for off-loading this headless chicken) to bring in this dud into the team. And for what? More of the long ball rubbish that cost us this year's SPL? Is it beacause Walter rates and we're seeing more of Smith's infamous stubborn streak?

Who Misser played for or whatever cheap celebrations he stoops to (poor form as it was :barf: , but perhaps not as bad as MoJo's behaviour with Stuart Munro (td) ) are not my main concerns. This guy is crap, end of. He has done next to nothing since he left Rangers, will be nothing but liability on the pitch and cause nothing but endless grief on the terraces. MoJo was a mixer but at least he enhanced the team; Kenny Misser is a serial failure who is only interested in himself.

Mark my words, this guy will give us nothing but high blood pressure.

Yes it could get a lot worse!

how ?

After signing Miller, we then waste money on shite like Lafferty etc and sell Cuellar and McGregor.

i see your point , it could get worse , if that happend

BEST FUCKING NEWS I'VE HAD ALL YEAR!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHBOUNCYBOUNCYBOUNCYBOUNCYNANANANA

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Ever since Smith took over at Ibrox a year and a half ago, in light of his success with the national team and Miller's fine displays under him, there have been regular murmurs that with our manager and assistant rating him highly, he may become a transfer target.

Quite clearly over the past week these have gathered serious pace with several media outlets reporting our alleged interest.

The club's deafening silence over the issue suggests the interest is sincere.

We have even had Edgar publicly renouncing the signature, it being his place to do so being up for question - but his points were valid.

Kenny Miller WOULD be the most controversial signature since Maurice Johnston. However, unlike Mojo Miller's not a tremendous player - he was poor for the tims overall, and while he did well at times for Scotland, he is not exactly regarded as one of the better strikers this country has produced over the years.

If Rangers had signed Larsson, let us be honest most of us would have loved it because, sadly, he was a world class player who is one of the best imports our league has been graced by.

But this is not a Larsson, this is a Miller - a chronically average striker whose career has been hovering around mediocrity for its duration.

So why does Smith want him, if indeed he does? Is it a football or politics move? We already have a Kenny Miller type player in Novo, 2 if you count JCD. So we don't NEED him.

However, and herein is the crux of my argument - could Smith be wanting Miller BECAUSE the fans don't? As in a way of showing that he runs Rangers and we don't, and for all the influence organisations like the RST and RSA think they have, they can't dictate anything to the boss.

We know he's stubborn, very stubborn. Is this a way of showing just how little the views of the fans matter to him?

Ever since Smith took over at Ibrox a year and a half ago, in light of his success with the national team and Miller's fine displays under him, there have been regular murmurs that with our manager and assistant rating him highly, he may become a transfer target.

Quite clearly over the past week these have gathered serious pace with several media outlets reporting our alleged interest.

The club's deafening silence over the issue suggests the interest is sincere.

We have even had Edgar publicly renouncing the signature, it being his place to do so being up for question - but his points were valid.

Kenny Miller WOULD be the most controversial signature since Maurice Johnston. However, unlike Mojo Miller's not a tremendous player - he was poor for the tims overall, and while he did well at times for Scotland, he is not exactly regarded as one of the better strikers this country has produced over the years.

If Rangers had signed Larsson, let us be honest most of us would have loved it because, sadly, he was a world class player who is one of the best imports our league has been graced by.

But this is not a Larsson, this is a Miller - a chronically average striker whose career has been hovering around mediocrity for its duration.

So why does Smith want him, if indeed he does? Is it a football or politics move? We already have a Kenny Miller type player in Novo, 2 if you count JCD. So we don't NEED him.

However, and herein is the crux of my argument - could Smith be wanting MILLER BECAUSE the fans don't? As in a way of showing that he runs Rangers and we don't, and for all the influence organisations like the RST and RSA think they have, they can't dictate anything to the boss.

We know he's stubborn, very stubborn. Is this a way of showing just how little the views of the fans matter to him?

I'm no sure mate, what you said at the end there does make sense.

But i really am not sure we are going to get him, its just newspaper talk at the minute. <cr>

it says under the photo "striker kenny miller has been attracting a lot of attention"

so if i posted a jobby i'd done on here, and it attracted attention i could make it onto the bbc? FFS i bet you the likes of Plymouth Argyle are scouting him!

He is not fit to wear our great blue jersey and would tarnish it because he is a feckin badge kissing taig!