Hutton, Novo, Buffel, Webster And Miller Latest

Davy

by Matthew Lindsay

SPURS are said to be preparing a £6m bid for Rangers right back Alan Hutton.

Damien Comoli, the Sporting Director with sole responsibility for all transfers at White Hart Lane, watched the Scotland star in action against Hearts at Ibrox on Saturday.

Comoli is reported to have told new Spurs boss Juande Ramos he was "very impressed" with Hutton.

And the English cracks will now test the Gers resolve to keep the 23-year-old, although £6m may not be enough.

However, the Spurs move may spark other offers, with Manchester United, Newcastle United, Liverpool and clubs in Europe also interested in Hutton.

Meanwhile, Gers boss Walter Smith has moved to make sure he does not lose striker Nacho Novo by offering him a two-year deal.

Novo, 28, was unimpressed by the Ibrox club's initial offer of a one-year deal and threatened to move on when his current contract expires in the summer.

However, Smith is keen to keep the popular Spanish striker in Govan and the player's agent is now set to meet with Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain.

Anderlecht have told Rangers misfit Thomas Buffel he must lower his wage demands if he wants to return home to Belgium. The striker, who is keen to leave Scotland after failing to win back his first-team place, is believed to be earning in the region of £18,000 a week.

But that is too rich for Anderlecht, according to spokesman J.P Kindermanns who admits they are keen on Buffel.

He said: "The conditions are too high at the moment, but there will be more negotiations."

Meanwhile, Rangers want to extend Andy Webster's stay at Ibrox until the end of the season as a decision on the player's long- running contractual dispute with Hearts rumbles on.

Injuries have blighted the 25-year-old's return but Webster is due to return to action in the new year and Rangers hope that Wigan will be amenable to extending his stay until May.

Bain said: "We would hope to extend Andy's stay with us until the end of the season and I plan to take this matter up with Wigan soon.

On another front, speculation that Rangers want to bring Kenny Miller back to Scotland from Derby, would require Fifa dispensation as he's already played for Celtic this season.

Two things of note that need saying - 1. £6 million for Alan Hutton is a joke, i'd be looking no less than 10 million.

It does say...

'And the English cracks will now test the Gers resolve to keep the 23-year-old, although £6m may not be enough.'

So maybe we will hold out for a bit more.

£8m minimum. If we didn't break the £10m barrier, I'd be a little disappointed.

Other clubs around europe get top dollar for their young players. A bunch of vikings got something like £15m for that Nigerian guy Mikel from Chelsea. We are a big club with a player on a 5 year contract. We should be calling the shots here and standing firm.

Its really quite amazing what we want to hold out for Hutton. Manchester United paid £5.5M for Evra and £7M for Vidic. The fact that transfer fees are on the rise and we have hutton tied down, it should realistically take a large amount to get Hutton away from the club, IF he wants to leave, which, If he is smart enough, will realise its a bit too early to leave. £10M would cover the cost of a replacement, his development and importance to the team and would be hard to reject at this early stage but I would still have to say no for the good of the club, let Hutton improve and gain more experience and maybe even go for a bit more than that in years to come

Its quite good seeing Spurs fans reactions aswell:

Hutton would be a dream player for us but like i said, i dont think he will go to a team that isn't in the top 4 unfortunately

I can see us going for hutton but not getting him as he will go to a top 4 team

Other clubs around europe get top dollar for their young players. A bunch of vikings got something like £15m for that Nigerian guy Mikel from Chelsea. We are a big club with a player on a 5 year contract. We should be calling the shots here and standing firm.

That norwegian team only got £4m out of that deal with Man Utd taking £12m as theyd already agreed to sign him, I think I know who got the best deal out of that.

John Obi Mkiel went for £4 million to Manchester United.

Then he claimed he didnt know what he had signed and wanted to sign for Chelsea. To avoid the thing going to court, Chelsea offered Manchester United £12 million, which they accepted. He was a £4 million player.

Alan Hutton plays in a poor league and has only had a good 6 months. It is a gamble for any club to pay over the odds for a raw talent. £6 million will probably be the best offer we recieve for him, Which is a fair price. All depends on whether SDM and Bain want to cash in on a youth graduate and bring the likes of Alan Lowing through in his place.

Lets remember back 1 year, He was been booed, slated and told to find a new club by a huge section of the Rangers crowd. He was valued at around £700,000. Lets not go over the top.

If it's true that Spurs, Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle.........are all interested, this for me puts him at £6m minimum. With that level of interest, I reckon his price will indeed exceed £8m. If the demand is high, clubs will pay that little bit more than perhaps he is truly worth.

If Hutton had only performed well in the SPL, I would be making calls for us to be realistic. But he has excelled at champions league and international level, against some of the best teams on the planet. He will only be sold if we think the price is right. And right now, it would not be worth selling Hutton for £6m in my opinion. He's the only quality player we have in the wide areas of the park, and is crucial to our attacking play at this time.

John Obi Mkiel went for £4 million to Manchester United.

Then he claimed he didnt know what he had signed and wanted to sign for Chelsea. To avoid the thing going to court, Chelsea offered Manchester United £12 million, which they accepted. He was a £4 million player.

Alan Hutton plays in a poor league and has only had a good 6 months. It is a gamble for any club to pay over the odds for a raw talent. £6 million will probably be the best offer we recieve for him, Which is a fair price. All depends on whether SDM and Bain want to cash in on a youth graduate and bring the likes of Alan Lowing through in his place.

Lets remember back 1 year, He was been booed, slated and told to find a new club by a huge section of the Rangers crowd. He was valued at around £700,000. Lets not go over the top.

This post makes sense. But I still think if spurs or anyone else try to sign him, we should still hold out for as much money as we can regardless of what he was like last year.

Spurs paid over £7.5million for Kaboul, Hutton is double the player, Kabouls is stinking.

As for Novo, just ignorance offering him a 1 year deal, 2 year deal should of been offered in the 1st place!